Freelee the banana girl rant

Options

Replies

• edwardkim85
    edwardkim85 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    She's an idiot, simple as that.

If she wants to preach her ways so badly, she should join scientology.
  • robynf55
    robynf55 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love the banana girl, i think what she does is amazing and her body is insane. She leads an incredibly healthy lifestyle and wants to share that with others because it's what she's passionate about.

If you don't like what she has to say or believe her way of life is being 'shoved down your throat' then you can always stop watching her videos :)
  • hauntao
    hauntao Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I would be very interested to know what her body (inside mostly) is like when she's got 25 years of this sort of intake behind her.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    She is such a farce!!!

She tried to say in her FAQ that renal disease comes from a crap diet and lifestyle, which is complete rubbish. My mom had damaged kidneys from a strep infection long ago that didn't get treated properly.

She grew up eating very healthy and we ate very healthy growing up.

Everything she spouts is either a farce or a myth.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Which goes back to what MFP says and does about calories. Basically it's calories in vs calories out, so again it comes down to calorie counts and exercise/weight lifting, etc.
    On a high carbohydrate, low fat diet, your metabolism is different, you use more calories than you do on a high fat diet.

Also, when eating a high fruit and vegetable diet, you are very energized, making you want to be active and do more weight lifting or cardio, so you use more calories. Since you recover faster, have more energy and more stamina, you tend to have more intense or longer workouts, using more calories.
  • Miamiuu
    Miamiuu Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I finally saw one of her videos. Problem I have is she mentions shes eaten 30 to 50 bananas a day which would make her calories very high, yet she didn't once mention in the video how much she exercises.
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    On a high carbohydrate, low fat diet, your metabolism is different, you use more calories than you do on a high fat diet.

Source???
  • Gingerkid05
    Gingerkid05 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Her video on thigh gaps really ticked me off. To each their own, but that woman is a narcissistic pain in the neck. I can't watch her.
  • LoupGarouTFTs
    LoupGarouTFTs Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I love the banana girl, i think what she does is amazing and her body is insane. She leads an incredibly healthy lifestyle and wants to share that with others because it's what she's passionate about.

If you don't like what she has to say or believe her way of life is being 'shoved down your throat' then you can always stop watching her videos :)

Healthy? Define "healthy" in that context. I'd say she's lacking in vit. B12, to be honest, has seriously disordered thinking, and at the very least, has an extremely unhealthy relationship with food. It's people like the banana girl who give support to my posts in the " . . . bash healthy eating?" thread (for which I took a lot of heat).
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    She said Basically a thigh gap means you are healthy and if your legs touch you aren't healthy.

she's clearly an uninformed *kitten*. Why are you giving her the time of day?

This.

Stop watching her video's.

Problem solved.
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Wait. What? She actually said something so stupid??
  • astrovivi
    astrovivi Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I stumbled across her site and her crazy friend.

Yeah, once. No. Why do you watch something like that? Free-will, it's a thing.

Brick-Tamland.gif

lol at the banana for bonus laughs :D
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I had no idea what this was about so I had to Google. I was under the impression that she was supposedly eating nothing but bananas. But it appears that she's actually just a raw vegan. No biggie. As long as she supplements in the areas her diet is lacking, and her medical checks are OK, she should be fine. No need to hate on her body, that's for sure. She looks like she works hard for it. As far as her thigh gap comments, she sounds pretty ignorant on that subject. She's just one person with her own quirky way of doing things. She's not the enemy. If you don't like it, ignore it. That's what I do when I see or hear nonsense...:flowerforyou:
  • shane_tac1
    shane_tac1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Just another fad. Anything will usually work for awhile if you go into it with enough passion.
    Looking in shape also does not mean you are fit and healthy. When I was at my biggest muscular wise I was not very fit but most folks assumed I could run iron man competitions!
    Everyone is different as well so cant say one person should look one way or another. The thighs comment sounds very silly.

Just find something that works for you and skip anything that you find goes against your own principles.
  • surfinbird_1981
    surfinbird_1981 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of people like her on this forum.... "my way or the highway" types. Just ignore her/it/them...problem solved.
  • alexapland
    Options
    you all need to educate your selves. You are going off of her "being mean" "condescending" "rude" she is straight up factual. Um and she was born with an inverted chest disorder so she has implants that she got WAY BEFORE she went vegan! AND all of you are obviously jealous of her and don't want to admit it. RAW beans? no 801010 person advocates raw beans. you don't need protein! you people just believe what the government backed meat industry tells you will make you fit. they only way your life style works is with restriction. quit kidding yourself. have some guts. my goodness. blah blah blah your feeeeelings.
  • alexapland
    Options
    right because YEARS of successful happy people is a fad.
  • alexapland
    Options
    read her online posted blood test dummy. her b12 is fine. 40 percent of the country is b12 deficient. 40 percent of the country is NOT vegan . derp derp do the math.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    na7VXldfZBemUBTUZ2vbn7gc4O37Ri3p_lg.jpg

Sweet bump, yo
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Someone needs to learn how to quote.