Another stupid relationship post... Need opinions :/

Options

Replies

• mrslcoop
    mrslcoop Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    You know what you need to do.

I have a friend who wanted children, her boyfriend was a HARD no on the subject. She got pregnant by accident, they got married out of obligation, and now they're divorced over it.... is that really what you want?
  • TheSink
    TheSink Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    You know this is a fitness/weight loss website, right?
  • Brown523
    Brown523 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Are we dating the same guy (mine is a closer to my age)? :frown:
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with others that you know what you want/need to do.

If he's 40, not yet proposed and doesn't want kids. He never will.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options

ahhh... i see your mistake.

this a dating website.

why else would we be allowed to search the member database by gender, age, and distance from our zipcode!

:tongue:
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Time to leave...
    You will regret not having kids.
  • Behxo
    Behxo Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Once he told me that he lied about his age I would've been long gone, it's not good starting off your relationship on a lie and secondly I wouldn't date someone that much older than me.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    You know this is the chit-chat board right?
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Those "few differences": children, marriage, sex and social life are not petty issues, those are a BIG deal.
  • FoxBean
    FoxBean Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    To me it sounds like it is time to move on, the lying is no good and can and will cause a lot of trust issues and other problems. The age thing I personally do not think is a big deal, I am with someone 10 years older than me, never lied about the age but did lie about some things which was terrible for our relationship. Since you guys do not have any children together, I would make a clean break. You have to ask yourself, do I really want to have children with this man and have him in my life forever? Sex life can always be worked on, but the no children thing, and all the other issues that do not seem to be working out, I would not settle. I believe you already know the answer you are looking for! Time is precious!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Figure out what your definitive deal breakers are and if you're not getting what you need leave. There are things that you can work through in most marriages (balance of sex life, communication, etc), then there are some things that are not necessarily workable (one person is adamant they want kids and the other never wants kids). It's your life to fullfil, so fill it.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

Hrmph, I've been doing it wrong this whole time. I thought this was farmersonly.com
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    its time to go.

the differences you have are MAJOR life points IMO.

you are still relatively young, and i think that you would kick yourself down the road if you settle now.

and for the love of satan, PLEASE go have some more orgasms! you have lost time to make up for!
  • Marcia315
    Marcia315 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    He's never actually given me an orgasm (other partners certainly have... he just genuinely doesn't seem to care, or is not interested in learning how to please me).

um. I read through this whole thing, and the whole time I'm like "wow, that's a lot of issues", but then I seriously heard the brakes slam in my head when I read this.

GIRL, ARE YOU CRAZY? get out now. of course the biggest issue is that you want kids and he doesn't, but seriously, you've been with him HOW LONG and he's never given you an orgasm? SAY WHAT?

sorry, I'm just in shock over here, don't mind me. seriously, just break up.

Hell yeah.
  • obrientp
    obrientp Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Like others have said, you already know the answer.
  • littlemissfitnurse
    Options
    His mentality is set and you will only resent him if you put up with a standard of living that does not meet your needs. Do YOU, girl. Along the way, you will find somebody with like interests.
  • CMoeDee
    CMoeDee Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    So reading from your tone and style, you sound like you're in that part of a relationship where you know it's gone bad, but you think it might be your fault somehow. I get that, and I get needing to hear it from outside. It's not your fault, btw, and it can be really hard to see what needs to happen when you're in it. You know what you want, and he isn't providing it. The answer's pretty clear on that one. He's also done some things that make him hard to trust, and you deserve to try and find someone you can trust, and who values and shares your desires - both in life and in sexytimes.
  • ActuarialChef
    ActuarialChef Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options

You know this is the Chit-Chat, Fun, and Games section, right? And that not all of life has to revolve around fitness and weight loss?

Give her a break. She's just trying to come to the community that has (likely) supported her through her weight loss journey and get some support on the relationship front.

That being said,
    OP, GTFO of that relationship. You deserve to be happy in all of those areas.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    The problem could be you as well. I highly doubt all the issues are on this guy.
  • KristinaB83
    KristinaB83 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    " .....he just genuinely doesn't seem to care, or is not interested in learning how to please me."

And I'm out!
This discussion has been closed.