Are you on this list?

Options
123457»

Replies

• MichaelVRenner
    MichaelVRenner Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I recently moved to Charleston, SC and it is a balmy 57 F at the moment...

Meanwhile, at home in Saint Louis, it is 17 F...

I win this round.
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    I live between 10 and 11.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Personally, I only think that any town where it's colder than Alaska should complain - and that's where Atlanta, GA was last week! And I don't care what anyone else does, when it gets that cold in Georgia, I'm complaining!

With ya, sister! :drinker:
  • Gemmz2014
    Gemmz2014 Posts: 220
    Options
    Buffalo Baby..... brrrrr
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I am in Canada, my entire country makes this list

Canada is a US city now... :wink:
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Here in Kansas it was 63 yesterday and 16 now!!! WTF!!!

Yeah, that's crazy too.

My daughter lives in Savannah and they're under a winter storm watch.
    But I had to giggle to myself because it's for 1/2 to 2 inches of snow...:wink:

Hey! Georgians can't drive in the rain. Just imagine what happens when it snows!!! :noway:

That's what hubby was saying.
    They aren't geared for winter driving.
    Shoot, we got six inches overnight Saturday and everyone was out driving Sunday morning, even before the plows were out- as usual :smile:

Rush hour in the rain is a nightmare! Actually, snow days aren't too bad to drive in because everybody stays home, and I can slide all the way to work no problems. LOL!

There was a pic making the rounds on facebook from supposed northerners making fun of our school closing due to the ice storm... I can't find it now... but it said "meanwhile in Texas schools are closed" with a red solo cup of ice spilled on the ground.... all any of us could think was "Y'all just don't know!!!"
  • Amanda0926
    Amanda0926 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    #1 :(
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I am from Winnipeg...Just the other week, we made CNN as having a daytime temperature colder than the surface of Mars.

It is so cold here that Margeritas are considered a warm beverage.

I could really have fun with this...

Just remember though... it doesn't matter how cold it gets, it could always get worse. :laugh:

Current temperature in Winnipeg with the windchill -40. Think my drink is freezing over....

Ahhh....gotta love Winterpeg :wink:
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    I would never make this list. Have never lived any further north than Central Arkansas. Other places lived, Texas and Florida. Nothing against any northern people because some of my coolest friends are from the north but, There is a reason I wear shorts 9 months out of the year.
  • _Calypso_
    _Calypso_ Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Thankfully I will never been on such a list. High of 81 here today!! I'll send ya'll some warm thoughts...I have a few degrees I can spare. :tongue:
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    Thankfully I will never been on such a list. High of 81 here today!! I'll send ya'll some warm thoughts...I have a few degrees I can spare. :tongue:

Yes, please do.

We're at -17 with a -38 windchill right now... :grumble:
  • breakingthecycle722
    Options
    Ugh, # f*ng 1! Why I ever moved back here is beyond me.
    SOOOOO sick of this!!!
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    I just got home from work and my car said a whopping 0 degrees.
    It doesn't feel any warmer than below zero... :noway:
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    I call shenanigans. St Louis should be there. We still have our February ice storms to look forward to.
  • KaosLynnRose
    KaosLynnRose Posts: 3,415 Member
    Options
    number 17 here
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    Most definitely not

Edit: Link to the image instead of embedding it. Too many F-bombs.
    https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-nEt1CnOwlBY/Us3iHorAD3I/AAAAAAAABRw/NS1wAlt1hSU/w426-h323/14+-+1
  • mypersonalfitnessjourney
    Options
    Yes, I'm #20. It's 15 degrees here right now, and it literally hurts just being outside for a few minutes because the air and wind are so cold. :(
  • sebkiwinaspensmama
    sebkiwinaspensmama Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Annnnnd I'm number 1!! Luckily I have a heater under my desk :happy:

As do I. Live 50 miles north of #1. My skin is all dried out from going outside with the dog every couple hours and then back into the house to sit in the heat. I feel as though I'm enjoying the cold though and get anxious to get back out there. That wind feels like it cuts my face to shreds though. Also, those cheesehead girls have too much cheese in their heads...that's just asking to get a trip to the hospital. Crazy!
  • creativerick
    creativerick Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I grew up in Des Moines, which must not be in the top 100... (Although it is the #91 metro by population in USA)... about the same weather as Omaha.
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Nope, it was sunny and 65 on Monday, 22 degrees yesterday and 5 inches of snow today....absolutely loving it!