What do you think of MLM business?

Options
Fitnessman168
Fitnessman168 Posts: 85 Member
Multi level marketing. Like Visalus, Herbalife, Amway, just giving examples.

What do you think about them?

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    They're horrible. I want to drop every friend I have who gets involved in them, too. They turn from perfectly nice, wonderful friends into pushy, obnoxious jerks.
  • auzziecawth66
    auzziecawth66 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I know a few people that sell this kind of stuff. That's fine do what you want I won't judge but when every conversation I have with one of these people turns into oh well you should buy this (every dang time) it gets annoying. (She's my sister in law too so I can't just 'drop' her unfortunately. She's also encouraged my other sister in laws to sign up under her so I have like 4 people who try and sell me stuff on a regular basis lol)
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    kayleenogif_zps88d53cef.gif

tumblr_lvc6x8kj5n1qbh830o1_500.gif
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    They're horrible. I want to drop every friend I have who gets involved in them, too. They turn from perfectly nice, wonderful friends into pushy, obnoxious jerks.
    ^^This. Exactly this. I have been known to drop real life friends for this stuff.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I know a few people that sell this kind of stuff. That's fine do what you want I won't judge but when every conversation I have with one of these people turns into oh well you should buy this (every dang time) it gets annoying. (She's my sister in law too so I can't just 'drop' her unfortunately. She's also encouraged my other sister in laws to sign up under her so I have like 4 people who try and sell me stuff on a regular basis lol)
    Imagine if someone opened a little gift shop and every time you saw that person or every time that person posted on FB it was, "COME TO MY STORE AND BUY SOMETHING!!!"

That wouldn't be accapetable. Why is THIS acceptable??? lol
  • Escloflowne
    Options
    So to recap...

MLMs = garbage

Kaylee gifs = magical

lbN2hJ2.gif
  • kjoy_
    kjoy_ Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    lest we forget 31 gifts, avon, mary kay... seems like the cult mentality and acceptance is what's attractive about these types of things rather than the money (usually not much) they make.
  • sunnshhiine
    sunnshhiine Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    kayleenogif_zps88d53cef.gif

QFT (plus, it's Firefly:heart:)
  • catneon
    catneon Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    ^^This. Exactly this. I have been known to drop real life friends for this stuff.
    +1000
    tumblr_inline_mync1wKpqb1s1xkkw.gif
  • CharbyOttawa
    CharbyOttawa Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    HELL NO!!!!
  • Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    multi-level-marketing_o_2587935.jpg
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I would drop the sister in law--in fact, I actually did just drop a sister in law off my facebook for being obnoxious. I'm not even sorry.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    I like it when she's dirty...

tumblr_inline_mpnmczbcD71qz4rgp.gif
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I hate them . I have a friend who has been selling all natural assests. Dr Oz inspired appetite suppressants that are made with bee pollen and supposed to give you energy. I know a few people who have lost 20-30 lbs with them, but that is because they drastically cut their food intake. The pills don't do anything for weight loss, though I found they did make me less hungry at times. After 30 days, I found they no longer made me feel energetic or less hungry and literally did nothing but give me a dose of vitamins for the day.

Anyway, the distributor has been sending shipment after shipment of 'bad pills' that don't have the effect and often times run out or are late shipping. My friend who is a distributor and my bff who works under her both agree that they are about to be done, as the pills they keep getting seem to not work, but still sell them to people? :noway:

MLM schemes make cool people into pushy, manipulative *kitten*.
  • Escloflowne
    Options

Ej9c8uC.gif
  • GEMMA_2014
    Options
    The only people getting a decent salary are the business owners. There are millions are people who think they can do sales, but the can't because they can not tolerate rejection. After they bug the heck out of all their friends and relatives they give up and are stuck with hundreds of dollars worth of crap they can't sell or use. . There is a sucker born every minute.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options

No, no... especially when you're covered in engine grease. :flowerforyou:

My kitty's name is Kaylee. I dressed as Kaylee for Halloween a few years ago. :heart: Firefly!
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I was involved in one back in 2001. Never again. Unfortunately, I was one of those "sucker born every minute" people that gave up after realizing I HATED selling stuff and I felt guilty pushing it on friends and family. I should have listened to said friends and family who told me that I was just wasting my time and money in the first place.

Live and learn