Women... What is your idea of a great first date?

Options
124»

Replies

• TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I don't see sex in any of these responses. :noway:

Well, where are you taking me first? :wink:

Truthfully? I would just take you to do what I normally do on a Friday or Saturday night: steak, copious amounts of whisky, and live music. :flowerforyou:
    Ohhh perfect!!
  • CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Date as in the person, or date as in the event?
    A walk in a nice park, a local tourist attraction (because its fun being cheesy sometimes... ooh- like the PEZ factory!). Doesn't really matter... But really just a nice, normal guy who has (most) things in order in his life and knows what he wants. And in my fairy tale, he also will compliment me sincerely (once), open doors sometimes, and pay on the first date. A smart man may also ask his date if she would be comfortable meeting at a halfway point if they live in different cities/towns. And he shall wear clean clothes appropriate for the activity:smile: And he shall never, ever, discuss the previous relationship on a first date.
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    A pub to shoot some pool or throw darts and have a few ice cold brews....
  • Andy_83
    Andy_83 Posts: 270
    Options
    In London, Borough Market or the Zoo.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Take me to a game. Red Sox especially. Bruins and Pats too. Awesome date! Also love little quiet pubs where we can chat and get to know each other better. Would prefer not a movie or a loud bar.

Also very much enjoyed a date with a personal trainer at the gym. Probably not what a typical girl likes though.

Yeah. Bruins. Hockey for sure :-)
  • FoxBean
    FoxBean Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I think going out to eat is horribly awkward for a first date. I'd say something outdoors, or grab a coffee and go on a walk. Nothing too fancy or awkward there!
    I agree! Almost no one would eat "normally" on a first date. Plus going for a walk there would be no chairs to get hit with!:laugh:

There might be depending on where the walking is taking place..pass a coffee shop, plenty of bistro chairs there! Or benches in a park? :laugh:
    I sure you find something to hit me with! Coffee mug, chair, or a baby stroller.:laugh:

A scone it is!
    Aren't those high in calories? How about a sushi roll.

I'd eat it before it even had a chance, you have no idea haha
  • GeekGirlNJ
    GeekGirlNJ Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Grab tea or coffee and walk around till the conversation ends or till your legs are tired. Less stress for forced eye contact and can be fun to bop around an area you know well....
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Trail riding with a fellow horse person.
    Absolute no's; sports events of any type, bars. I never go to either.

Horse person?

2h7o01i.jpg

I am still bursting in laughter in my office.. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Not quite what I had in mind, but cool. We could leave the horses home...
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Playing video games
  • fitandskinnygal
    Options
    Fancy dinner date, getting coffee and taking a walk through the city, a long drive in the country… mmm so romantic. Oh, and starbucks on a rainy day = <3<3
  • pamb89
    pamb89 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    A couple of drinks in a chill bar. Maybe two hours. Seriously--no complicated activities or elaborate stuff.

On a first date all I want to do is meet you, talk for a while, get to know each other a bit. If that goes well, bring on the restaurants/hikes/museums/dance lessons/kayaking/whatever on subsequent dates. Nothing is more awkward than some long, involved activity on a first date, especially if you're not really hitting it off.

Ask me to go get a drink. Don't try to be creative.

This