Too much avocado??

Options

Replies

• Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    A) If it fits your goal then it fits your goal. End of story.

2) All avacado is too much avacado

In Conclusion: accusing people of being turds in your opening statement is sure to bring in people who act like turds.

whoah sensitive! Relax

Do I seem as if I'm not relaxed? As opposed to one who assumes people are going to be turds from the outset?

I see.

Avocados = more turds

Does this mean avocado tastes like crap? Because I'm inclined to agree.

*Raining on the avocado parade since that first unfortunate taste in 2005*

h8r . . .

It's clearly my lack of a sense of humor at play. :wink:
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Sigh....someone always has to act all butthurt.
    To the OP...avocados are good..eat up!
    <--*Eats plenty of healthy fat and is finally losing weight*
  • colobruton
    Options
    I love avocado, I eat a 1/4 of one a day on a sandwich. They are soooo good for brain health. I agree, if it meets your goals, you are good to go.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options

In Conclusion: accusing people of being turds in your opening statement is sure to bring in people who act like turds.

whoah sensitive! Relax

Do I seem as if I'm not relaxed? As opposed to one who assumes people are going to be turds from the outset?

I see.

Avocados = more turds

h8r . . .

Clearly. Avocados = less butthurt
  • Amanda_Gx6
    Amanda_Gx6 Posts: 320 Member
    Options

whoah sensitive! Relax

I see.

Avocados = more turds

h8r . . .

Its clearly that you obviously like to spam posts in the message boards. Get over it or go away.
  • Amanda_Gx6
    Amanda_Gx6 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    It's funny you posted this because lately I have been eating so much avacado! I was wondering if I was doing more harm then good but here is the short of it; Since I started eating avacado DAILY this past week, I have had no cravings for high fat sugary foods! Last weekend, a friend brought over some Oreo cookies and left them here. They have been in my kitchen for the past three days and I have not had a hard time saying NO! My husband and kids will eat them and I am not going to have even ONE! I really beleive that having the avacado is helping my body get the fat it needs, esp because I am EBF my 8 week old baby. We will see what the scale says in a couple weeks tho...

Same here considering there has been a box of Cheez-its in the cabinet and hoodies in the freezer and I haven't wanted to taste either. Congrats on your baby!!!!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

whoah sensitive! Relax

I see.

Avocados = more turds

h8r . . .

Maybe if you ate more avocados you'd understand.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options

whoah sensitive! Relax

I see.

Avocados = more turds

h8r . . .

Its clearly that you obviously like to spam posts in the message boards. Get over it or go away.

Wow
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options

whoah sensitive! Relax

I see.

Avocados = more turds

h8r . . .

I like spam and eggs
  • Achrya
    Options

whoah sensitive! Relax

I see.

Avocados = more turds

h8r . . .

Clearly. Avocados = less butthurt

And in this scenario butthurt is of course not demanding that people not 'fight' in the very first post, before any hint of arguing breaks out, but in pointing out that demanding such things is only going to bring about such things. Though in most conventional definitions it would the OP who was displaying butthurt from the get go by assuming/warding against behavior that had yet to develop. :tongue:

Today I have learned new ways to use both playful and butthurt. MFP, so educational.

Avocado is still gross.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Avocado consumption is associated with better diet quality and nutrient intake, and lower metabolic syndrome risk in US adults: results from the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES) 2001-2008.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23282226
  • Achrya
    Options

whoah sensitive! Relax

I see.

Avocados = more turds

h8r . . .

Oh.

176297__UNOPT__safe_animated.gif

Let's do this then
  • jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Just half? What do you do with the other half?

I've always loved avocado and guacamole. When I was pregnant with my oldest daughter, my tastes suddenly shifted and I could smell guacamole from across the room at a restaurant and my stomach would turn. As soon as my daughter was born, I was back to craving it again. Only, my oldest daughter, all her life, has despised it! The little runt infected me with her tastebuds while in utero!

We split them in half and my youngest daughter and I will share one with a little salt and pepper, then eat them right out of the peel.

As long as it fits into your macro, it's a good addition to have. It's not like you're asking if twinkies are healthy. :wink:
  • diannethegeek
    Options

whoah sensitive! Relax

I see.

Avocados = more turds

h8r . . .

I like spam and eggs

I was thinking about making some spam sushi this week. This feels like a good thread to declare my intentions.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    Avocado consumption is associated with better diet quality and nutrient intake, and lower metabolic syndrome risk in US adults: results from the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES) 2001-2008.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23282226
    Not surprising really considering a diet higher in natural foods and variety will trump the SAD diet, which is what most things are compared with. I think avocado being rather expensive for the most part of NA would also be purchased I would think from a more nutritional aware demographic, but just a guess.
  • jangier
    jangier Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I agree - if you like it and you can fit it go ahead and eat it! We eat a lot of avocados in my family. My daughter who is 2 eats a whole avocado every day as part of her lunch and the pediatrician said she was just fine! LOL - great post!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I'm really curious if this varies wildly from place to place...because in my area, Aldi and another supermarket sell avocadoes for less than a buck...sometimes you can get 2 or even 3 for a buck.

And I don't live anywhere near avocado-growing operations...I'm in southern Missouri here...

Are they stupid pricey elsewhere? I do know sometimes other supermarkets will charge a couple dollars apiece or for special varieties...
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    The main issue I see is that they're extremely calorie dense and the database entries vary a lot. As long as you weigh your portion and choose the entry with no asterisk (that's the USDA entry) you'll be fine.
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    What if someone just likes avocado? I don't get what's the point of being so angry at a simple piece of fruit.
  • diannethegeek
    Options
    I'm really curious if this varies wildly from place to place...because in my area, Aldi and another supermarket sell avocadoes for less than a buck...sometimes you can get 2 or even 3 for a buck.

And I don't live anywhere near avocado-growing operations...I'm in southern Missouri here...

Are they stupid pricey elsewhere? I do know sometimes other supermarkets will charge a couple dollars apiece or for special varieties...

I'm in Kansas. They were .29-cents each at Aldi this week and .99-cents at Dillons.