Too much avocado??

Options

Replies

• StillLisa106
    Options
    I love avocados, too. AND they are wonderful for your skin and hair! I just use avocados as my main fat. I spread it on toast instead of butter, I use guacamole in tuna salad instead of mayo, and i use avocado oil on salads with lemon juice for dressing.
    As long as you measure it and count it, seems like it should be fine.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I'm really curious if this varies wildly from place to place...because in my area, Aldi and another supermarket sell avocadoes for less than a buck...sometimes you can get 2 or even 3 for a buck.

And I don't live anywhere near avocado-growing operations...I'm in southern Missouri here...

Are they stupid pricey elsewhere? I do know sometimes other supermarkets will charge a couple dollars apiece or for special varieties...

Here in western MO, you'd have to go to Aldi's or Sav-A-Lot to get it for a buck on a regular basis. They are never ripe though, so all the waiting makes me anxious.

Sometimes HyVee has good ripe ones for a buck.

Yes, I have two I'm waiting on right now and I catch myself checking them like 3 times a day. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas!
  • funkim55
    funkim55 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I just started eating avocados, because they are high in fiber, i.e. 13 grams. While they are high in calories, they help you to digest everything else you are eating due to the fiber. As with everything, moderation in all things!!!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Just half? What do you do with the other half?

Save it for the next day or split it with my wife. If you keep the seed in the other half, it will keep fine for the next day in a zip-lock.

Dietary staple here in New Mexico...obviously guacamole, but I mostly just like to half it, sprinkle on some salt and scoop out the meat.

As far as price goes I get mine at Costco...I think they come out to around $.65 per on average.
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    A) If it fits your goal then it fits your goal. End of story.

2) All avacado is too much avacado

In Conclusion: accusing people of being turds in your opening statement is sure to bring in people who act like turds.

whoah sensitive! Relax

Do I seem as if I'm not relaxed? As opposed to one who assumes people are going to be turds from the outset?

I see.
    your fitness tracker looks like little turds
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

In Conclusion: accusing people of being turds in your opening statement is sure to bring in people who act like turds.

whoah sensitive! Relax

Do I seem as if I'm not relaxed? As opposed to one who assumes people are going to be turds from the outset?

I see.
    your fitness tracker looks like little turds

It's brownies, but I can see what you mean (Assuming your turds are all perfectly uniform, bundt cake shaped, and dotted with chocolate chips). But I don't eat brownies because they're pretty, so /shrug
  • Amanda_Gx6
    Amanda_Gx6 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Just half? What do you do with the other half?

I count the minutes until I can eat the other half haha
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options

whoah sensitive! Relax

I see.

Avocados = more turds

Does this mean avocado tastes like crap? Because I'm inclined to agree.

*Raining on the avocado parade since that first unfortunate taste in 2005*

h8r . . .

It's clearly my lack of a sense of humor at play. :wink:

Clearly. Avocados = less butthurt

And in this scenario butthurt is of course not demanding that people not 'fight' in the very first post, before any hint of arguing breaks out, but in pointing out that demanding such things is only going to bring about such things. Though in most conventional definitions it would the OP who was displaying butthurt from the get go by assuming/warding against behavior that had yet to develop. :tongue:

Today I have learned new ways to use both playful and butthurt. MFP, so educational.

Avocado is still gross.

poor avocados

I might have to mash them up, add some tomatoes and onions, and salt them to make them feel all better now
  • sccet
    sccet Posts: 141 Member
    Options

whoah sensitive! Relax

I see.

Avocados = more turds

h8r . . .

And in this scenario butthurt is of course not demanding that people not 'fight' in the very first post, before any hint of arguing breaks out, but in pointing out that demanding such things is only going to bring about such things. Though in most conventional definitions it would the OP who was displaying butthurt from the get go by assuming/warding against behavior that had yet to develop. :tongue:

Today I have learned new ways to use both playful and butthurt. MFP, so educational.

Avocado is still gross.

Actually, asking people to not argue around here makes sense to me. The butthurt is strong around here. More people should IIFYM to avoid butthurt. :bigsmile:

I think asking people not to argue from the get go is silly, especially when you could just not say what you clearly believe to be an inflammatory phrase/statement and avoid it.

OP says: I love avocado, am I eating too much

Someone says: If it fits you eats.

End thread.

Op says: I love avocado, it's got good fats, don't be a turd and argue about good vs bad fats!, am I eating too much.

Jpegs and Gifs follow

Posts in a thread about avocados to tell errone how much avocados suck.

Avocahdoes = Serius Bidness.
  • Amanda_Gx6
    Options
    I think asking people not to argue from the get go is silly, especially when you could just not say what you clearly believe to be an inflammatory phrase/statement and avoid it.

End thread.

Op says: I love avocado, it's got good fats, don't be a turd and argue about good vs bad fats!, am I eating too much.

Jpegs and Gifs follow

I said I know too much of a good thing can be a bad thing and asked for general insight on the subject of avocados. I didn't want this to turn into one person berates and trashes another on the basis of the "good vs bad fats argument" like I've seen on several other feeds. I said don't be a turd in the OP in a light hearted and humorous way which you twisted because you apparently need attention. After this I'm going back to ignoring you because you are simply an irritation.

A big thanks to all the non turds who actually took this post for what it was supposed to be! You guys rock!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    too much avocado CAN throw you off.. an actual serving of avocado is 1/8th of the whole.. that's about the size of your THUMB.
    it's a great spreadable fat though...

A serving is how much you eat of it. I eat the whole thing. :smokin:

This ^ ^ literally laughed out loud. Me only eating half of the avocado is torture but I try not to over indulge

To me it's like being wasteful. I would never eat half a piece of fruit, unless I'm ill.
  • Achrya
    Options

whoah sensitive! Relax

I see.

Avocados = more turds

h8r . . .

Avocado is still gross.

Actually, asking people to not argue around here makes sense to me. The butthurt is strong around here. More people should IIFYM to avoid butthurt. :bigsmile:

End thread.

Jpegs and Gifs follow

Posts in a thread about avocados to tell errone how much avocados suck.

Avocahdoes = Serius Bidness.

Very serious. See how serious I am.

I mean I started with A-2-In conclusion. That practically reeks of seriousness.
  • Amanda_Gx6
    Options
    too much avocado CAN throw you off.. an actual serving of avocado is 1/8th of the whole.. that's about the size of your THUMB.
    it's a great spreadable fat though...

A serving is how much you eat of it. I eat the whole thing. :smokin:

This ^ ^ literally laughed out loud. Me only eating half of the avocado is torture but I try not to over indulge

To me it's like being wasteful. I would never eat half a piece of fruit, unless I'm ill.

I save the other half in a ziplock in the fridge. I wouldn't just toss it away, that is wasteful lol
  • Achrya
    Options

End thread.

Jpegs and Gifs follow

I said I know too much of a good thing can be a bad thing and asked for general insight on the subject of avocados. I didn't want this to turn into one person berates and trashes another on the basis of the "good vs bad fats argument" like I've seen on several other feeds. I said don't be a turd in the OP in a light hearted and humorous way which you twisted because you apparently need attention. After this I'm going back to ignoring you because you are simply an irritation.

A big thanks to all the none turds who actually took this post for what it was supposed to be! You guys rock!

You're ignoring me? Ouch. Right in the feels. :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • Mrs_K_Ldtke
    Options
    I love avocados, too. AND they are wonderful for your skin and hair! I just use avocados as my main fat. I spread it on toast instead of butter, I use guacamole in tuna salad instead of mayo, and i use avocado oil on salads with lemon juice for dressing.
    As long as you measure it and count it, seems like it should be fine.
    I do this as well :tongue:
    Nom nom nom avocado, if you really want to try something new try boiling an egg, chopping it all up along with sriracha sauce and stuffing that in the pit area of your half avocado.
    You're welcome :wink:
  • venus_blue
    venus_blue Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm really curious if this varies wildly from place to place...because in my area, Aldi and another supermarket sell avocadoes for less than a buck...sometimes you can get 2 or even 3 for a buck.

And I don't live anywhere near avocado-growing operations...I'm in southern Missouri here...

Are they stupid pricey elsewhere? I do know sometimes other supermarkets will charge a couple dollars apiece or for special varieties...

Here in western MO, you'd have to go to Aldi's or Sav-A-Lot to get it for a buck on a regular basis. They are never ripe though, so all the waiting makes me anxious.

Sometimes HyVee has good ripe ones for a buck.

Pop one into a brown paper bag, put it in the cabinet overnight or a little longer for really under-ripe ones. Works like a charm! I buy the super under-ripe ones when I see them on sale (a buck a piece this last weekend!), keep them in the fridge until I need to ripen one in the bag
  • FXOjafar
    FXOjafar Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I have 2 ready to be made into a yummy Avocado Chocolate Mousse right now. Can't wait. So creamy and delicious!
  • spookyjo
    spookyjo Posts: 76 Member
    Options

Pop one into a brown paper bag, put it in the cabinet overnight or a little longer for really under-ripe ones. Works like a charm! I buy the super under-ripe ones when I see them on sale (a buck a piece this last weekend!), keep them in the fridge until I need to ripen one in the bag

Awesome tip thank you :flowerforyou:
  • uncharted01
    uncharted01 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I have 2 ready to be made into a yummy Avocado Chocolate Mousse right now. Can't wait. So creamy and delicious!

:love: do you have the recipe???
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options

End thread.

Jpegs and Gifs follow

A big thanks to all the non turds who actually took this post for what it was supposed to be! You guys rock!

OP grow up.

Also, Demoulas doesn't exist.
    Its all Market Basket now due to the family fued.
    Hasnt been Demoulas since the mid 90s