HOW DO YOU EAT SO MUCH PROTEIN?!

Options

Replies

• urbanplum
    urbanplum Posts: 188
    Options
    Hey guys so I took all of your advice and came up with some new numbers. My calories are 1757 still but now my C/P/F is 132/154/68

That actually sounds too easy and too good to be true. What do you guys think??

Looks good to me. A lot easier and cheaper, too.

Definitely. Thanks a lot! Tomorrow will be much better haha

Glad you figured it out! These numbers make a hell of a lot more sense.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options

He got it ^

I mix my powder with a little bit of cool water (a very little bit, just to mix it up) and then heat up my coffee and add it in (if it is boiling hot it will turn your protein coffee into protein pudding disgustingness. But if you do it right it tastes great and is a good replacement for coffee creamer and sugar :)

Thanks! I tried once just adding it straight to my coffee, and it was vile :) I'll try pre-mixing it with a little water.
  • Kriistabell
    Kriistabell Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Try adding in some Almonds - but don't go over 20/day. That should help with Proteins for snacks, etc during the day without killing your carb count.

Almonds. Are. Not. A. Good. Source. Of. Protein.

But pumpkin seeds are awesome! I didn't see enough protein from almonds so I did some research and pumpkin seeds were a good choice
  • Kriistabell
    Options

He got it ^

I mix my powder with a little bit of cool water (a very little bit, just to mix it up) and then heat up my coffee and add it in (if it is boiling hot it will turn your protein coffee into protein pudding disgustingness. But if you do it right it tastes great and is a good replacement for coffee creamer and sugar :)

Thanks! I tried once just adding it straight to my coffee, and it was vile :) I'll try pre-mixing it with a little water.

Lol yeah it happened to me last night I tried to force myself to eat it because I didn't want to waste it but I almost puked!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others. Your protein is way high.

To answer the question, I eat an obscene amount of dairy. Cottage cheese and greek yogurt are pretty much daily staples. I've never been a meat person.
  • Kriistabell
    Options
    Hey guys so I took all of your advice and came up with some new numbers. My calories are 1757 still but now my C/P/F is 132/154/68

That actually sounds too easy and too good to be true. What do you guys think??

Looks good to me. A lot easier and cheaper, too.

Definitely. Thanks a lot! Tomorrow will be much better haha

Glad you figured it out! These numbers make a hell of a lot more sense.

Lol I think so too! Thank you :happy:
  • Kriistabell
    Options

To answer the question, I eat an obscene amount of dairy. Cottage cheese and greek yogurt are pretty much daily staples. I've never been a meat person.

I know thats a great route to take for protein but I try to stay away from dairy! Luckily I figured out my macros were a problem and I switched them. Thanks for the advice though! I am eating cottage cheese when I can and mozzarella here and there lol
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    Chicken, chicken, chicken.

That and Body Fortress protein powder. It's one of the cheaper brands, but 2 scoops has 60g, and the ratio of protein to scoop weight is decent compared to a lot of brands. It's not the best straight mix, but there are different ways to mix it and get around that.

You're could probably come down a pretty decent amount, as others have already said.

ETA: Just at a glance, your recalc looks pretty legit.
  • sillyvalentine
    sillyvalentine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Yeah, that's a lot. I eat about 300 - 400g of turkey breast or chicken breast every day. That gets me most of the way there. Then I eat some meat in my supper which meets my goal.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Try adding in some Almonds - but don't go over 20/day. That should help with Proteins for snacks, etc during the day without killing your carb count.

But pumpkin seeds are awesome! I didn't see enough protein from almonds so I did some research and pumpkin seeds were a good choice

USDA info for 100g of pumpkin seeds.

Calories: 446kcal
    Carbs: 53.75g
    Fat: 19.4g
    Protein: 18.55g

So no, they really really arent.
  • sillyvalentine
    sillyvalentine Posts: 460 Member
    Options

I know thats a great route to take for protein but I try to stay away from dairy! Luckily I figured out my macros were a problem and I switched them. Thanks for the advice though! I am eating cottage cheese when I can and mozzarella here and there lol

I stay away from dairy too, besides it doesn't have enough protein for me to eat it for that reason. Turkey is the highest in protein, then chicken.
  • Kriistabell
    Options
    Chicken, chicken, chicken.

That and Body Fortress protein powder. It's one of the cheaper brands, but 2 scoops has 60g, and the ratio of protein to scoop weight is decent compared to a lot of brands. It's not the best straight mix, but there are different ways to mix it and get around that.

You're could probably come down a pretty decent amount, as others have already said.

ETA: Just at a glance, your recalc looks pretty legit.

Thanks! I bought chickenless chicken made from tofu if that helps! I'm a vegetarian lol But yeah thanks for the advice I appreciate it! And I'm happy to hear that my recalculations look good. I kinda was unsure so the more people that say it makes sense helps lol
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    eggs canned tuna milk whey protein. subway
  • Kriistabell
    Options

I dunno how many grams I eat, but according to the bag from trader joes that they came in, 1/3 cup a day gives me a quick 11 grams through a snack.
  • Kriistabell
    Options

I stay away from dairy too, besides it doesn't have enough protein for me to eat it for that reason. Turkey is the highest in protein, then chicken.

:ohwell: I wish that helped me. Id eat it if I wasn't vegetarian because I have nothing against the taste lol
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    30% protein is plenty, IMO. My goal is 1600 and 120g of protein, and I don't even always hit it. It hasn't seemed to be a problem at all so far though...

I'm not an expert, but from what I've understood its important to hit your protein so thats why I am stressing over it a little bit. My protein is at 48% which I thought sounded a bit off... 30-40 sounds more appropriate to me, but I don't know your goals so maybe that is why ours is different. My goal is to lose fat and increase muscle.

re set it to 40P/30c/30f

that is what I do ...
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

:ohwell: I wish that helped me. Id eat it if I wasn't vegetarian because I have nothing against the taste lol

Wow, I can see why you're having a hard time.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options

I dunno how many grams I eat, but according to the bag from trader joes that they came in, 1/3 cup a day gives me a quick 11 grams through a snack.

A cup is approximately 64g. So their info is at conflict with the USDA's database.
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    dunno... it has always calculated me at 1g/lb bodyweight not sure how it give you more than that.

Personally, most of the time I am over my protein. Sometimes I see up to 160g in my logs when I should be getting about 130g.
    Im cutting at 1600ish now but when I was bulking sometimes I was going well over 200g a day.

1g/lb of BW is enough though you really don't need more than that
  • Kriistabell
    Options

A cup is approximately 64g. So their info is at conflict with the USDA's database.

Good to know. Thanks.