Women..Worst thing a man can do on a date with u...

Options

Replies

• SrJoben
    SrJoben Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    act like a creep

Could you please be more vague? :bigsmile:
  • smaclean8
    smaclean8 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Personally can't stand it when men are cheapskates. Some men don't like spending money on a date and that's cool, but if that's the case, research the place you're going and if the majority of entrees are out of your range, then pick another place.

So...in the early stages of dating, I find it very tacky to
    talk about prices on the menu
    or
    talk about the bill, not even that little trick of "asking" how much to tip...we know what you're doing, not impressed, dude.
    or
    let her see the bill
    or
    let it sit on the table like you're waiting to see if your date will grab it and pay

Luckily, I'm with a great guy who enjoys fine dining and wine as much as I do, so I don't have to worry about this.

But srs, whether you're taking a chick to Chili's, Ruth Chris, or Jean Georges a gentlemen gracefully and discreetly handles the check.

If you're a broke, cheap dude don't be butthurt. This is an opinion thread.
  • suppakana
    suppakana Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Drives up to my place to pick me up and I'm about to get in and he asks if I can drive. So I have to find him a spot to park and then get my car out of the garage to drive us. He also showed up in sweat pants.
    WTF Did he forget what "picking you up" means?? Seriously. GOsh darnit that crap needs to be communicated ahead of time :explode:
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Talk about anything feminine like going to yoga or putting coconut oil in your hair (true story)...Its not the worst thing in the world I just prefer to be the most feminine person on the date.
  • suppakana
    suppakana Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Wishy washy guys. Seriously, know what you want and own it. I once had a guy back out on plans with me because "the plans had changed" (his exact words - the plans were "hey you wanna go shoot pool?"... Not sure what was complicated about that)

Worst thing guys can do?
    • Not talk
    • Talk about nothing but sex or sexually related stuff
    • Talk about his ex/compare me to his ex
    • Slouch (I'm sorry, but good posture is hot)
    • Fail to smile
    • Touch me without permission (you know what I'm talking about)
    • Request me to pay the bill. I don't mind going halfsies... I do mind taking the full brunt. I go out with costs in mind, and don't have a problem with paying my share.
    • Assuming we've been dating a while, it seriously bugs me if a guy never lets me pay for anything. I have a job for a reason.
    • Peeking at your phone is okay very rarely. Having your phone out constantly is a big no-no.
    • Getting drunk. A drink or two? Cool. More than that? Eh, great first impression. I'll be sure to delete your number.
  • Curlysasha
    Curlysasha Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Burp and blow it your way whilst eating

Use his shirt to wipe his teeth after food

Run his hand up your leg to the top under the table (and try and touch your minnie)

Keep checking his wallet for money on every drink he buys you

Grinds his boner on you if you dance a slow dance (and when kisses you good night)

Tells you with a wink that you're ''in for a shag tonight''

Oh the list goes on ........
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options

Run his hand up your leg to the top under the table (and try and touch your minnie)

Grinds his boner on you if you dance a slow dance (and when kisses you good night)

So gross. I hope these didn't really happen but I can believe it.
  • 1Kristine1
    Options
    Ohh lord, those sound like winners... no wonder I never date.
  • Curlysasha
    Curlysasha Posts: 191 Member
    Options

So gross. I hope these didn't really happen but I can believe it.

Sadly every last one of them, but thankfully I am now married and don't need to date these creeps any more lol
  • VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Options

You have got to be English cos that all sounds so familiar!
  • bigbarnold
    bigbarnold Posts: 2,554 Member
    Options
    1. Biggest one is not opening doors (I like gentleman)
    2. Talk about his ex who is his "best friend", or how much he hates her, etc.
    3. Checks out other women
    4. Doesn't compliment at all (it shows you are not attracted or interested)
    5. Makes you pay on first date (I never dealt with this, call me old fashioned!)
    6. Tries to move too fast aka tongue down the throat surprise kiss
    7. Does not try to dress up *edit - depending on where you are going of course!*
    8. Talks about himself constantly
    All of these SEEM like common sense! There is NO WAY that #3 happened to you!
  • FoxBean
    FoxBean Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Talk about anything feminine like going to yoga or putting coconut oil in your hair (true story)...Its not the worst thing in the world I just prefer to be the most feminine person on the date.

But yoga and coconut oil are so good for you! :wink:
  • Kurindal
    Kurindal Posts: 355
    Options
    5. Makes you pay on first date (I never dealt with this, call me old fashioned!)
    7. Does not try to dress up *edit - depending on where you are going of course!*

Believe it or not, I've been chewed out for being sexist on a date for holding doors and paying for meals. Chivalry isn't dead per se, but it's being pushed by the wayside.
  • FoxBean
    Options

No..not on a first date, but in relationships I caught em' staring. It's natural to notice someone attractive, but don't make it noticeable when we are around! Haha
  • bigbarnold
    Options
    Ohh lord, those sound like winners... no wonder I never date.
    Not all guys are like that! After reading these posts I am in awe!:huh:
  • SeaTurtleJenni
    SeaTurtleJenni Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Normally, I date great men, but recently I had quite an experience, so stemming from that...

Change plans after he picks you up.
    Call his friend/brother/mom to borrow money/transfer money into his account.
    Chew with mouth open.
    Not eat at all.
    Order food only a 5 year old would order. (chicken strips, mac n cheese)
    Need to go to the ATM machine.
    Not tip the waitress or leave a crappy tip.
    It's ok to be a working man on a budget, but not act cheap and/or broke.
    Have the gas light go on in the car.
    Ask for gas money.
  • FoxBean
    Options

Believe it or not, I've been chewed out for being sexist on a date for holding doors and paying for meals. Chivalry isn't dead per se, but it's being pushed by the wayside.

Seriously?? That is silly. Femmies man, femmies. :tongue:
    I've been on second dates and they stopped opening doors, and they didn't get a third.
  • bigbarnold
    Options

Seriously?? That is silly. Femmies man, femmies. :tongue:
    I've been on second dates and they stopped opening doors, and they didn't get a third.
    I try to always open the doors for my daughter so she knows how it is "supposed to be".
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    I don't go on dates, I have no idea. Not really into the whole dating scene.
  • 1Kristine1
    Options

But yoga and coconut oil are so good for you! :wink:
    Yes, maybe I'm being harsh and judgemental but its a turn off