Women..Worst thing a man can do on a date with u...

Options

Replies

• mspoopoo
    mspoopoo Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    says he loves you on the first date and starts talking about children true story

I went to a theme park once with a friend. Or so I thought. Throughout the day as we'd wander through gift shops I'd comment on various things that caught my eye.

The next day, after waking up from a nap in my apartment, I open the front door to find a pile of gifts - all the items I'd commented on at the park. Along with this pile was a strange note where he divided up his expression of affection into passive and aggressive comments.

I really thought we were just friends. So guys- don't do that.

Just friends? No such thing.
  • PatheticNoetic
    PatheticNoetic Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    says he loves you on the first date and starts talking about children true story

I went to a theme park once with a friend. Or so I thought. Throughout the day as we'd wander through gift shops I'd comment on various things that caught my eye.

The next day, after waking up from a nap in my apartment, I open the front door to find a pile of gifts - all the items I'd commented on at the park. Along with this pile was a strange note where he divided up his expression of affection into passive and aggressive comments.

I really thought we were just friends. So guys- don't do that.

Just friends? No such thing.

I was young and dumb. I thought it could happen haha.
  • mspoopoo
    mspoopoo Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    playing on phone constantly

Lying, this one guy lied about everything. Said he was some big manager somewhere. Umm there are 3 employees in the entire company. Who was he managing. Said he owned multiple retail shops. Selling t shirts out of the boot of your car isn't multiple retail stores.
  • shoneybabes
    shoneybabes Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    My last ever date (I am scarred for life) was when my date whom I didn't know all that well, tried to kiss me on the lips on meeting, then spent the next few hours constantly trying to touch me, also his xmas works night out were right beside me and he didn't want to move to a different pub and what made it worse was that he did not reading my body language, I was not interested but he actually expected a full on action tongue war at the end of the date! He actually said "come on" when I turned my face away.

I have never been so horrified in my life!

I am also not a cold unfeeling person but rule number one in life. Observe!
  • SeaTurtleJenni
    SeaTurtleJenni Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    playing on phone constantly

Lying, this one guy lied about everything. Said he was some big manager somewhere. Umm there are 3 employees in the entire company. Who was he managing. Said he owned multiple retail shops. Selling t shirts out of the boot of your car isn't multiple retail stores.

Lying! I was set up with a guy I hadn't met in person, but was able to speak to on the phone ahead of time. He said he was 6'0" but ended up being 5'7". I don't even mind that he was short, but why lie? He also said he was accepted to MIT and Penn State. It turned out he was a high school dropout who, supposedly anyway, eventually earned his GED. If you're going to lie about where you're accepted to school, at least pick something believable, right? In his case, community college, but that's better than nothing and better than lying!
  • nikki0753
    nikki0753 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    - constantly on his phone
    - eyeing up other women
  • Quieau
    Quieau Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    hassle the wait staff. UGH. i had one guy who took me out and called the waitress over. informed her that he was putting a stack of one dollar bills on the table and every time his tea glass got empty or he looked for her and she wasn't there, he would take a dollar away from her tip. i almost threw up. i left her a 20 under my plate.

:drinker:

Edited to change 'weight to wait' ... funny how we get stuck on things ... :)
  • lovescontrary
    lovescontrary Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    omg
  • bio_fit
    bio_fit Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    1. Biggest one is not opening doors (I like gentleman)
    2. Talk about his ex who is his "best friend", or how much he hates her, etc.
    3. Checks out other women
    4. Doesn't compliment at all (it shows you are not attracted or interested)
    5. Makes you pay on first date (I never dealt with this, call me old fashioned!)
    6. Tries to move too fast aka tongue down the throat surprise kiss
    7. Does not try to dress up *edit - depending on where you are going of course!*
    8. Talks about himself constantly
    All of these SEEM like common sense! There is NO WAY that #3 happened to you!

Believe it or not, I've been chewed out for being sexist on a date for holding doors and paying for meals. Chivalry isn't dead per se, but it's being pushed by the wayside.

Exactly - and that's what dates are for! To get to know the other person better, find out what they're like - if they like having doors opened for them/meals paid for/car doors opened, then continue by all means! But if the lady says she's uncomfortable with it, then you know not to worry about it anymore :smile: so long as you listen to her, I think that's all that really matters.

Probably the worst thing a man could do on a date.... Well, I like politics, and if it turned out he held staunchly conservative views I'd be out the door :laugh: no way are we going to compatible!
  • Quieau
    Quieau Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Also, whining, complaining or cynicism. Bad hygiene. YIKES! It's amazing how many guys expect to get close without having cared for their hygiene. NEVER drop the ball on hygiene!

Don't "forget" your wallet so you "can get a second date" ... since you'll be 'buying next time' and all ...

No tweed caps. Ever. Also, no socks with shorts, don't show up drunk ... don't take out your partials in the middle of the date. If eating at home, have more than leftovers and bologna in the fridge. Don't smoke ... unless she is first.

No slapping or offers of spanking that are unsolicited. Not everyone is into that. Don't bite.

Let's see ... going back through the actual archive here ... this could get interesting ...

:flowerforyou:
  • bio_fit
    Options
    Also adding in. My idea of a good date is not getting invited to someone's dad working men's club to do the pub quiz. Plus the offer to then stay at their dads house on a camp bed afterwards :huh:

Hahaha that sounds so familiar, the pub quiz part anyway ...

A pub quiz date would be awesome! Though at a proper real ale pub, not a working men's club....
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    1. Bad manners.
    2. Bad hygeine.
    3. Pulling "the octopus" (you know, where the guy suddenly seems to have 8 arms, and they are ALL touching you?).
  • Kabijots
    Kabijots Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Burp and blow it your way whilst eating

Use his shirt to wipe his teeth after food

Run his hand up your leg to the top under the table (and try and touch your minnie)

Keep checking his wallet for money on every drink he buys you

Grinds his boner on you if you dance a slow dance (and when kisses you good night)

Tells you with a wink that you're ''in for a shag tonight''

Oh the list goes on ........

You have got to be English cos that all sounds so familiar!

HAHA Yes! Why oh why do the English guys behave this way and expect a second date let alone a bloody kiss!

Not all English men are like that! Mine is a gentleman.

And by gentleman, I believe it just means to be polite and thoughtful of others (including your date).

So on my first date he : walked on the roadside (he also does that when walking next to my elderly and slightly frail dad), opened doors for me (but he does that for anyone, male, female, young, old), paid on the first date to avoid any embarrassment over getting the bill (wasn't expensive and I paid thereafter - that's why I have a job!), checked that I was okay and gave me his jacket when I was cold (he also, in the past, has handed it out to my friends too) and basically looked out/after for me. But it isn't a one-way street - I also looked out for him and checked he was okay and happy too.

Works a treat - that date ended and we've been together ever since (17 years ago).

So really I can't say what not to do (some examples here have been astounding) but if you are polite and thoughtful of your date, you probably won't go too far wrong...
  • Sylvitryinghard
    Sylvitryinghard Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    look and grab in the handbag and wallet :explode:
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Wow!! No wonder there are so many single women out there.
  • bio_fit
    Options

Well, for every single woman there's a single man :drinker:
  • lmd_1979
    lmd_1979 Posts: 130
    Options

No, for every single woman, there's 10 men all desperately trying to get in there.
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Talking about previous women and making jokes about me
    I wouldn't mind paying for myself or opening my own door, anyway. That's really not necessary, respect should be shown at a deeper level.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options

No, for every single woman, there's 10 men all desperately trying to get in there.

Weird...mine must've all gotten lost on the way...
  • slouw10
    slouw10 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    The fault finders....they have always been somewhere better, always had better service...nothing is ever right for them.

The big "I", can not stop talking about themselves...

And please put away your cell!