Has anyone lost body fat not eating clean?

Options
I've seen a few threads around here asking if anyone as lost weight not eating clean and most of the answers are yes but as anyone lost body fat not eating clean? I hear that to lose weight all you need as a calorie deficit but to lose body fat you'll need to eat clean

Replies

• RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I could point you to several regular posters who have done this very thing. but I suspect they'll be along shortly.

Incidentally, how is "eating clean" being defined for the purposes of this particular thread?
  • Phill2488
    Phill2488 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    It's just that for years I've always heard people say ''To lose body fat you gotta eat healthy'' and I was just curious to see if that was true
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Where's Jonnythan when you need him?
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    We just had this thread! It's going to roll soon though.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1048889-who-has-lost-weight-not-eating-clean
  • bcovely
    bcovely Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I read a post where if you eat healthy and don't enjoy it - you won't stick to it. It also said as long as you eat the right amount of calories, you'll be fine. I don't eat as healthy as I should - but I have try adding more fruits and veggies. I don't know if it's the correct way to lose, but it's been working for me. Good luck on your weight loss journey!!
  • bperkins88
    bperkins88 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    i eat whatever I want as long as it fits into my macros for the day. Eating Peanut butter toast and a banana right now actually. lol
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • Dandman1990
    Dandman1990 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    i eat whatever I want as long as it fits into my macros for the day. Eating Peanut butter toast and a banana right now actually. lol

Other than the fact I don't like peanut butter or bananas. I second this!
  • NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    Yes, I've lost 65lb's of body fat, and gained quite a bit of muscle from eating ice cream, pizza, and whatever else I like. ;) I think you can view my before and after pics on my profile. :)))
  • KinoM
    KinoM Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Check out the IIFYM threads on here. Plenty of people on here who've eaten "dirty" and lost weight, myself included.
  • primal_cupcakes
    primal_cupcakes Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    "Clean eating" means different things to different people, so it's really all a matter of perspective, food preferences, and beliefs about eating. For example, I had a jr. bacon cheeseburger and chili for lunch yesterday, and I consider myself to be a lean, mean, clean eating machine.
  • tristaj90
    tristaj90 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of unhealthy foods. I used to have at least 35% body fat and now I'm at 22% body fat.. Within a year. lol.
    I eat a lot of string cheese, pizza, french fries, fruit loops, vanilla frosting, jolly ranchers/suckers, etc... I am very picky and hate most fruits/vegetables.....
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    It's just that for years I've always heard people say ''To lose body fat you gotta eat healthy'' and I was just curious to see if that was true

i eat healthy but i dont eat clean... they are 2 different things to me.... and i am losing bodyfat.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Yup :)
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options

"Healthy" and "clean" are concepts taht are not particularly well-defined, are interpreted differently by everyone, and (most importantly) OFTEN DO NOT MEAN THE SAME THING.
  • Catlady87
    Catlady87 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Yep I have. I've lost 28lbs and my body fat % has gone from over 30% to 21%. I have some sort of chocolate every day, I have pizza once or twice a month. I do eat healthily but not all the time. If it's too restrictive you won't stick to it
  • NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    Come to think of it, when I was younger, (before having kids) I lost a lot of weight by eating fast food almost daily, and drinking lots of beer, although I wasn't really trying to lose weight. It was just my first time being out on my own. I also didn't exercise. LMBO!!!
  • lisajacobus1
    lisajacobus1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes. Since I don't have any 'forbidden foods' I tend to make healthier choices but sometimes I'll have a cupcake or a piece of candy, even pizza. I lift weights and exercise so that my body doesn't get rid of muscle, at least not much. I eat to my goals.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Yah I've gone down about 7-8% points without eating "clean"
  • Whambam087
    Options
    Try IIFYM (If it fits your macros). It's great and a whole lot more flexible and enjoyable then eating clean 100% of the time.