Has anyone lost body fat not eating clean?

Options

Replies

• fairygirlpie9
    fairygirlpie9 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I don't really believe in this thing called eating 'clean'. Eat to meet your macros as best as you can especially your protein macro as that will help you to retain muscle mass and I have lost 5lbs this month - eating what I want but I also do this other thing called exercise.
    So I would say exercise and eat whatever you want as long as it fits your macros and you don't go over your daily calorie goal.
  • Jkn921
    Jkn921 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Lol. I know McDonald's is bad for you. Everyone knows McDonald's is bad for. It just makes me happy and I find it delicious

I'm just saying that it isn't a good idea to do that. I personally don't like McDonalds the calories in a single item puts me off more than anything. What you can do is have it once per week and have healthier/more nutritional foods for the remaining week - stuff you like obviously but not fried foods all the time.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Lol. I know McDonald's is bad for you. Everyone knows McDonald's is bad for. It just makes me happy and I find it delicious

I'm just saying that it isn't a good idea to do that. I personally don't like McDonalds the calories in a single item puts me off more than anything. What you can do is have it once per week and have healthier/more nutritional foods for the remaining week - stuff you like obviously but not fried foods all the time.

A grilled chicken sandwich, plus side salad with dressing, for about 375 calories is pretty crazy calories.
  • YorriaRaine
    YorriaRaine Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever I want pretty much still that fits in with my macros.

That being said, as I saw I was not getting enough fiber I incorporated more fruits, vegetables, and wholegrain (like shredded wheat with banana's. yum!). I don't get enough protein most days so I will probably start investing in a good protein powder, that sorta thing.

I still eat the foods I want, just slightly adjust stuff to kinda "fill in the gabs" of my diet.
  • obrientp
    obrientp Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I try to eat healthy, but I don't know if it's what you'd call clean, but I still makes allowances for my favorite junk foods. I am doing well with it, but I have found that I can't eat pizza and McDonald's everyday like some lucky ducks on here.
  • feltlikesound
    feltlikesound Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever I want pretty much still that fits in with my macros.

That being said, as I saw I was not getting enough fiber I incorporated more fruits, vegetables, and wholegrain (like shredded wheat with banana's. yum!). I don't get enough protein most days so I will probably start investing in a good protein powder, that sorta thing.

I still eat the foods I want, just slightly adjust stuff to kinda "fill in the gaps" of my diet.

This is my exact answer, too. I eat whatever I want/like, if it fits, and adjust according to what I need and how I feel. Do I eat "cleaner" than I used to? Sure. Do I eat total garbage sometimes and still succeed? Definitely.
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    How much do you have to lose? I have lost 50 pounds, and it has definitely all been fat.... I'm starting to see muscle definition where it wasn't before, and that is an amazing feeling.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    This is what eating fast food like McDonald's 5+ times a week did to my body and health:

lipids.png

Comparison-6-13_small.png

How you doin'.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Think about it: If you lost weight but not fat, then it means that all your weight loss would have been in the form of lean body mass. For me, this means I would have gone from 305lbs with a body fat % of 40+ to 220 lbs with a body fat% of 50+; instead of 220 with an estimated body fat% of 18-ish

Mathy part:

305 with LBM around 180 = 41% BF: ((305-180) / 305) * 100 = 40.98
    220 with LBM around 180 = 18% BF: ((220-180) / 220) * 100 = 18.18

Had I lost my 85 in LBM, My LBM would be around 95 lbs = 57% BF: ((220-95) / 220 ) * 100 = 56.82

Body fat estimated at doctor's using a combination of calipers and ultrasound.

It doesn't make sense.

Chewbacca does NOT live on endor.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    How you doin'.

Livin' the dream, baby. The chalupa and quarter pounder dream, that is.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Don't let overzealous, preachy, clean eating peddlers of non truth convince you that eating clean is the only way to go.
  • Live_To_Win
    Live_To_Win Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I have only started over a month ago and am rehabbing from surgery. I eat what I want as long as it stays within my calorie limitations and I have lost over 16 lbs
  • jkregers
    Options
    That before/after health graph and pictures are misleading.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Me!! The dirtier, the better!!
  • jonnythan
    Options

What's misleading?
  • Jkn921
    Jkn921 Posts: 309 Member
    Options

A grilled chicken sandwich, plus side salad with dressing, for about 375 calories is pretty crazy calories.

Never have those - I'm talking more about Big Macs. I haven't had McDonalds for ages and don't plan to.
  • jonnythan
    Options

Never have those - I'm talking more about Big Macs. I haven't had McDonalds for ages and don't plan to.

You should try em. Pretty good. Quality macros too.

Also, a Big Mac only has 550 calories. Not that much. 460 if you get it without the sauce.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    So even if I eat McDonald's everyday without going over my calorie limit and exercising i'll still lose body fat?

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!

Yes. But it's probably not remotely healthy for your body.

Naw, not really.
    I frequently find that at the end of the day, a McDonalds cheeseburger fits into my macros (and even micros) nicely.
  • jkregers
    Options

What's misleading?

Figured out how to quote! The good point it makes is that it shows you can lose weight with a calorie deficit. The bad point it makes is that McDonalds will improve your health. I realize you weren't being serious, which is why I say it is misleading instead of bogus.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    This is what eating fast food like McDonald's 5+ times a week did to my body and health:

lipids.png

Comparison-6-13_small.png

WOW Johnny! You've done amazing! Great job!