Coffee!?!?!?!

Options
missy0936
missy0936 Posts: 1,507 Member
I drink my coffee with flavored creamer. I also get either sugar free or fat free so it's lower calories but still talking like 100 calories for my few cups of coffee in the am. Anyone else like their coffee light and sweet but found a way to do that with lower calories?

P.S. I've tried multiple times to a) not drink coffee b) use less creamer. Neither worked, just made me miserable.

Replies

• jess135177
    jess135177 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    When I drink coffee I like flavored creamer too. To me the sugar/fat free is gross so I stick with the full flavor stuff. Honestly 100 calories total for a few cups of coffee is not bad.
    Maybe try putting a few grams less of creamer in your coffee everyday and you will get used to it.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Drink it black.

BUT if you can't hack that, try using Stevia or other natural based sugar free sweeteners.
    OR if it's the creamy consistency you like, try other milk forms such as almond milk with the above sweeteners!
  • wjstoj
    wjstoj Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    do 100 jumping jacks to offset the "extra" calories
  • purple180
    purple180 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I just make sure I fit it into my macros each day. I LOVE my coffee. :-)
  • jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I drink it black, but if you like yours sweet and blonde, try using coconut milk instead of flavored creamer. It's more organic, naturally sweet, and creamy enough to turn it plenty blonde. It's also only 45 calories for 8 full ounces, so adding just a tablespoon will barely make a splash in your calorie column. If you need more flavor, add a dash of extract, like vanilla or almond. There are lots of flavors to choose from.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    try milk, not cream, and mix in vanilla protein powder, then add the coffee. Lower in cals and higher in protein than using cream, and more flavour too.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    What about flavored coffee grounds? :smile:
  • lisamaz39
    lisamaz39 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I like a sugar free flavor syrup in mine (Torani is the brand name of what I use). They have limited flavors at the grocery store but World Market has endless flavors and one sounds better than the next! Good Luck!
  • jlshea
    jlshea Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    What about using flavored coffee grounds and then almond milk? They make the sugar free syrups too if you are looking to cut fat.
  • jodiannd
    Options
    i have to have my coffee in the morning also , having the same problem my cream has more cals than the damn coffee and i really do use my measurements only 1 tsp so now i said frig it why waste 35cals on just cream so am trying to drink my coffee black with splenda sweetner ( HONESTLY IT TASTE LIKE HMM YOU KNOW) but am just doing to suck it up.....
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I just make sure I fit it into my macros each day. I LOVE my coffee. :-)

^^^Exactly this!! :drinker:
  • nikkiofthelake
    Options
    I use full sugar and fat creamer in one cup of coffee daily. I try to drink just one cup of strong coffee, but if I must have more, I'll drink them black.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I take my huge mug with about 12oz coffee and measure out a tablespoon of heavy cream and one splenda. ~50 calories. :drinker:
  • mmiceli
    Options
    Try using unflavored non fat creamer or half and half and just a small amount of the flavor you like. That usually does the trick for me.
  • mortuseon
    mortuseon Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Use a smaller cup?
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    I make the rest of the day fit around my coffee.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    My coffee is high calorie, but low carb and I love it! I have it with one tablespoon of butter and one tablespoon of coconut oil, along with carb/calorie free sweetener, sugar free creamer and heavy cream. It's called bullet-proof coffee and I will NEVER give that up!
  • Greytfish
    Greytfish Posts: 810
    Options
    Buy better coffee and drink it balck.

Seriously. Most people add things to disguise the crummy aspects of bad coffee.

Or, try this...
    My coffee is high calorie, but low carb and I love it! I have it with one tablespoon of butter and one tablespoon of coconut oil, along with carb/calorie free sweetener, sugar free creamer and heavy cream. It's called bullet-proof coffee and I will NEVER give that up!

Or just try a small amount of coconut or almond milk and taper down to the least amount you can.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I like my coffee black. Yum!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I don't compromise on coffee. Good quality coffee goes far. Flavored creamers if you desire are also just fine. Just plan it into your day.