Coffee!?!?!?!

Options

Replies

• stansellj1983
    stansellj1983 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    considering that it's actually caffeine that your body is after, you can try just putting a caffeine pill (the chalky kind that dissolve in water) into some calorie-free drink mix (crystal light, etc). obviously this sounds like a poor substitute, but trust me when i say that once you actually have the caffeine in your body you will no longer care where it came from. or you can drink black coffee... blech
  • rbear713
    rbear713 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    For certain, Im an addict. Today, Ive had 3 coffees and a yogurt. (Im hungry!, but its lunch time now).

To keep my cals down, I go fat free half and half and Equal...

But I prefer full on half and half and equal....

make it fit! Calories are calories, no matter how you look at it.
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I 'upgraded' to a fab coffee (Here in MT I get a local roast: Colter Coffee Organic Thunderbolt DARK) I also mix my own creamer. In a 500 ml bottle I mix:
    a splash of real vanilla
    100 g heavy whipping cream
    and then fill the bottle with SO Unsweetened Vanilla Coconut Milk. (pretty much a 1:4 cream:coconut milk)
    Sometimes I'll add a sprinkle of Pumpkin Pie Spice.
    So creamy and YUM. I don't do SWEET but a packet of Splenda (or your sweetener of choice) would do the trick. :drinker:
    The mix lasts me over a week...so it's divided up by the TBSP...sometimes I need way light and sometimes just a splash does the trick and IF I have the time to enjoy it, I like it black.
  • laceyfowler
    laceyfowler Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I use blue diamond almond milk (the 30 calorie one). I wasn't a huge coffee drinker till I moved the PNW (it's a way of life here, it seems) So for me, I only use about a serving a day (30 calories), in all the cups of coffee I drink. I probably drink 4-6 cups a day, so combined with the almond milk I'm only taking in a good 50 calories extra daily.

I use this too (the blue diamond unsweetened vanilla almond milk, with 30cal per cup), and add stevia and a few drops of cooking vanilla and/or almond concentrate... mmmmmm almond... :-) No calories in the stevia, vanilla, or flavored concentrate, so I can drink my many, many cups of coffee a day and barely put a dent in my daily calories :-) :-)

Edited to add: sometimes I sprinkle some cinnamon on the grounds before making the coffee, as well - cinnamon-y coffee is delicious! And, if you do the cinnamon with stevia, vanilla, and almond, it tastes kind of like cookies (at least when made with good coffee) :-)
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Buy better coffee and drink it black. ****ty coffee needs to be masked with sugar and cream...good coffee doesn't. If anything I put a splash of milk in just to cut it if it's a darker roast, but that's about it.

Highly subjective, coffee is (channeling my inner yoda). My husband is a snob when it comes to coffee, and we still use cream and sugar. It doesn't need to mask or detract from it- it *can* enhance it. But, to each their own; though, I will admit, the better the coffee, the less of both I need... unless the coffee is so weak it can be classified as tea... as an aside; the last time we were in NYC, we stopped at this coffee shop in the Lower East Side near our hotel... you could smell the freshly ground beans from the place we were staying at, and I'll admit, my coffee did not need much sugar or cream at all... but it did need it for my taste. :):drinker:
  • kbolton322
    kbolton322 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I was drinking my coffee with lots of sugar and lots of cream... but I have cut back big time... I now use honey instead of sugar and I'm almost to have it pretty much with nothing in it... Just one teaspoon honey and nothing else...
  • yfernandez83
    yfernandez83 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try Fat Free Evaporated Milk instead. It's just as creamy, but 1/2 the cals of most fat free creamers (around 13 per tbsp vs. 25 per tbsp) - then use stevia to sweeten, if needed.
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    It depends on the type of coffee. I can drink some black. Otherwise, I do a splash of unsweetened almond milk (I believe only 35 calories for a full cup) and a splenda packet if it needs to be sweetened.
  • CynthiaElise
    CynthiaElise Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Drink it black.

BUT if you can't hack that, try using Stevia or other natural based sugar free sweeteners.
    OR if it's the creamy consistency you like, try other milk forms such as almond milk with the above sweeteners!

^^ I agree. I love my coffee but decided to try it out just black and it was an acquired taste for me but eventually I got used to it and love it. Plus I feel like I get more out of my morning/afternoon cup of Joe since there's no fillers just pure coffee goodness! ;)

You could try liquid stevia drops, they may have a better consistency and less 'powdered' or 'chemical' tasting.
  • Greytfish
    Greytfish Posts: 810
    Options
    Buy better coffee and drink it balck.

Seriously. Most people add things to disguise the crummy aspects of bad coffee.

Beat me to it. This x 10000

:drinker:
  • CynthiaElise
    CynthiaElise Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I 'upgraded' to a fab coffee (Here in MT I get a local roast: Colter Coffee Organic Thunderbolt DARK) I also mix my own creamer. In a 500 ml bottle I mix:
    a splash of real vanilla
    100 g heavy whipping cream
    and then fill the bottle with SO Unsweetened Vanilla Coconut Milk. (pretty much a 1:4 cream:coconut milk)
    Sometimes I'll add a sprinkle of Pumpkin Pie Spice.
    So creamy and YUM. I don't do SWEET but a packet of Splenda (or your sweetener of choice) would do the trick. :drinker:
    The mix lasts me over a week...so it's divided up by the TBSP...sometimes I need way light and sometimes just a splash does the trick and IF I have the time to enjoy it, I like it black.

Whoa, I'll have to try out this mix some time for my weekend coffee treat! Sounds delish!
  • mom2kpr
    mom2kpr Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    If you like peppermint coffee, add 1/4 tsp of peppermint extract & about 1 Tbsp milk. Yummy.
  • 185poundfatty
    Options
    Just dont drink coffe at all.. it isnt good for you.

To making your teeth black/stain to making you crash a times to getting the contents in your blood stream.

I drink it 2 times a month. I find it crazy how people need it everyday or cannot live without it... Its very much like ciggerette, bad and addictive.
  • ycstephens
    Options
    try almond milk or coconut milk and add real flavorings to it (i.e. vanilla extract). you can try vanilla flavored almond milk but it has sugar (which you should avoid) and ups calories.

Try a piece of peppermint candy and add the milk also.

Avoid sugar.

Also, those who say just don't drink it...that's much easier said than done. But try to limit it.
  • brad2021hk
    Options

To making your teeth black/stain to making you crash a times to getting the contents in your blood stream.

I drink it 2 times a month. I find it crazy how people need it everyday or cannot live without it... Its very much like ciggerette, bad and addictive.

Cigarettes and coffee are not alike. Do you compare people to Hitler frequently?
  • Greytfish
    Greytfish Posts: 810
    Options

:laugh:

Funny. Wrong. But, funny.
  • 185poundfatty
    Options

Cigarettes and coffee are not alike. Do you compare people to Hitler frequently?

People and Hitler are not alike.
    Cigs and coffee are alike.

Don't get me started on the effects of caffeine.
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options

Don't get me started on the effects of caffeine.

The wonderful effects?
  • Macstraw
    Macstraw Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    I just make sure I fit it into my macros each day. I LOVE my coffee. :-)

^ This, it's all you really need to do. If it works into your #'s don't worry about it, just enjoy it.......
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    I've been using light coconut milk (from a can); 1/3 of a cup is 50 cals and creamy, but not super sweet. There's also unsweetened almond milk, flax milk, stevia.