Coffee!?!?!?!

Options

Replies

• Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I put heavy whipping cream in mine. YUM! A few hundred calories, but I don't usually eat breakfast so it evens out. Keeps me full for a long time. If you love something, you find ways to fit it in.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    i drink about 10 cups a day, for under 50 calories TOTAL. i use 30 calorie almond milk for creamer, and i use the 0 calorie gourmet coffee syrups for flavor... salted caramel, french vanilla, pumpkin spice, gingerbread, etc...
  • lhawkins2696
    Options
    Yes it is hard to refrain from drinking coffee. I have a job that requires early morning hours, so I definitely need my COFFEE in the morning. However I have been doing without due to all the calories. I am trying to find a way I can have it without adding extra pounds. I think i will either try the flavored creamer or use splenda and see how it goes. I think someone said that drinking tea w/ honey may cut the coffee craving however it may not offer the same caffee content....
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    half & half and splenda. You don't have to use as much as you do with fake creamers. 80 calories for 2 cups.
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Just dont drink coffe at all.. it isnt good for you.

To making your teeth black/stain to making you crash a times to getting the contents in your blood stream.

I drink it 2 times a month. I find it crazy how people need it everyday or cannot live without it... Its very much like ciggerette, bad and addictive.

Cigarettes and coffee are not alike. Do you compare people to Hitler frequently?

People and Hitler are not alike.
    Cigs and coffee are alike.

Don't get me started on the effects of caffeine.

For the record, people and Hitler had a lot in common... 46 chromosomes, two arms, hands, legs and feet... ten toes and ten fingers... both Hitler and people need(ed) nourishment such as food and water to survive... they both breathe(d) air... very much alike.

Find me evidence that people have gotten cancer and died from drinking coffee, and then you have a coffee = cigarettes argument.

Furthermore... there are many lovely reasons to drink coffee beyond the glorious taste.

http://blog.onemedical.com/newsworthy/10-healthy-reasons-to-drink-coffee-2/
  • klyn7788
    klyn7788 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I drink it black, but if you like yours sweet and blonde, try using coconut milk instead of flavored creamer. It's more organic, naturally sweet, and creamy enough to turn it plenty blonde. It's also only 45 calories for 8 full ounces, so adding just a tablespoon will barely make a splash in your calorie column. If you need more flavor, add a dash of extract, like vanilla or almond. There are lots of flavors to choose from.

So Delicious Vanilla Coconut Milk! It's sugar free, sweetened with stevia I think.
  • Mrs_K_Ldtke
    Options
    For flavor use vanilla almond milk and add a stevia packet to it.
    Even if you drink this in excess it's healthier options. :smile:
  • wordpainter09
    wordpainter09 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I use blue diamond almond milk (the 30 calorie one). I wasn't a huge coffee drinker till I moved the PNW (it's a way of life here, it seems) So for me, I only use about a serving a day (30 calories), in all the cups of coffee I drink. I probably drink 4-6 cups a day, so combined with the almond milk I'm only taking in a good 50 calories extra daily.

I use this to make mine nice and milky. It works well and as said above it's only 30 calories per cup. I add in a Splenda or two and some fat free half and half. Total cals end up being 70-100 as well. Worth it.
  • mbeuchert24
    mbeuchert24 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    What about flavored coffee grounds? :smile:

my husband hates flavored so id have to make 2 pots :yawn:

Could you get a Keurig machine? I am so happy with mine, I can get a different flavor with each cup :). It's a little pricer than having a regular coffee pot, but to me it is worth the expense. My husband used to not drink coffee at all, now he'll drink the specialty drinks (lattes, hot cocoa, apple cider). And there is so much variety, I can make iced tea, iced coffee, coffee, hot tea, hot cocoa, apple cider, and other fruit drinks.
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    I enjoy my coffee as always, I have calculated the calories for my morning coffee. Unless you intend to drink the light version forever or give up coffee all together I suggest just working in the 'real life' foods into your calorie goals.

I think the best way to succeed with long term maintaining is to learn how to manage what we eat and that includes coffee.
  • NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    I just use sweet and low with the powdered non-dairy creamer. It's like 10 calories/teaspoon, I believe....I drink a lot of coffee.
  • alicebot
    alicebot Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I was the same way a few months ago. Then I started using 2 tbsps of 2%milk. It gives coffee the creamer-like color and little sweetness too. Got me some time to get used to it, but I like it so much that I won't go back to creamer ever!
  • bakingandbabies
    bakingandbabies Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I use flavoured creamer, too. In order to cut down my calories, I started adding a little less every day/week, until there was just a splash.
    I find that the less sugar I eat during the day, the less it takes to make something taste super sweet.
  • toscarthearmada
    toscarthearmada Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I'm an avid Coffee drinker. This has just been my experience with it...

1. Black coffee makes you sick. The acid within the coffee will give you the worst stomach cramps! I make sure to put something in it.

2. I'm diabetic and my diabetic doctor told me she'd rather me have real sugar in my coffee than the fake Splenda or Truvia. I don't know much about Stevia.

3. I use a sugar free creamer to make up for the sugar I put in it in the morning. I bought a Coffee Mate - Sugar Free Chocolate Cream that is AMAZING. The calories and fat content is hardly noticeable. I put in one serving of sugar into a smaller cup of coffee. Almond milk is also a great alternative. Low in calories, fat and sugar.

4. Pace yourself. I'm a school teacher and I have a break at 8:40 every morning. I drink one when I get to work, and one during that break period. Start putting yourself into a routine.
  • jillianbeeee
    jillianbeeee Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I like a sugar free flavor syrup in mine (Torani is the brand name of what I use). They have limited flavors at the grocery store but World Market has endless flavors and one sounds better than the next! Good Luck!

I want to try this! heading to world marking on Friday, how many calories go along with the great flavor? I try to buy sugar free as much as possible.
  • kauto92
    kauto92 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    the only coffee I found useful to drink was the mocha from the 5:2 diet. It uses a sachet of options hot chocolate, can only use half if you like. a teaspoon of instant coffee granules, 150mls of boiling water and a tablespoon of almond milk. It comes to about 75 calories if you use a whole hot choc sachet. of course you could make your own variation. :smile:
  • lessofless
    lessofless Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    try milk, not cream, and mix in vanilla protein powder, then add the coffee. Lower in cals and higher in protein than using cream, and more flavour too.

I love that idea!

I'm a latte girl though. So I just think of all the milk I drink as part of my breakfast.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Now I want coffeeeee!!!!!
  • jbladecki
    jbladecki Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Sounds like myself. I hate black coffee but I have found instant vanilla coffee by Nestle's Taster Choice that I will drink without any cream. Vanilla is my favorite but they make other flavored also. And in singles too.
  • ernestbecker
    ernestbecker Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I drink my coffee with flavored creamer. I also get either sugar free or fat free so it's lower calories but still talking like 100 calories for my few cups of coffee in the am. Anyone else like their coffee light and sweet but found a way to do that with lower calories?

P.S. I've tried multiple times to a) not drink coffee b) use less creamer. Neither worked, just made me miserable.

Black for me! I can taste the coffee that way. And I love my coffee.