Xbox or PS4 for 7 year old?

Options
1235»

Replies

• Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    How about neigher, How about letting him earn it with Great grades and great decisions.

If you get him into games, you will never get him out of it.

Homework will start to go
    School work will start to go
    staying up very late.. etc.

happened to me when i was in second grade. got a Nintendo and my grades took a nose dive.

i refuse to buy my goddaughters a Wii.

That's unfortunate that your parents let bad behavior turn into a habit. :ohwell:

ETA: How does one go about getting bad grades in the second grade? Seriously, wtf?

spelling tests, math, etc etc.

i think they just didn't know. video games were new, and it took a couple of months or so for my grades to really plummet.

and i wouldn't say it was bad behavior. it was just a distraction that got out of hand. they kinda curtailed it soon enough. and i'm okay now. i have an engineering degree and working on my masters.

Yeah, I got 100% on everything in 2nd grade. Second grade is a piece of cake. That's what I'm saying. It wasn't until I got to high school that I made less than an "A." Most of second grade is just repeating what was learned in first grade. And *clearly* poor performance in 2nd grade did not affect your career...

I think this was *your* problem, and you are trying to pretend that everyone has the same issues. Don't put your baggage on others. I played Atari in second grade, and I practiced the piano every evening, cuz guess what? There's no homework in second grade, just "seat" work that you do at school.

i had homework in second grade.

and i never said that everyone would have the same issues as me. i just said that when i got a nintendo, my grades dropped.

why are you getting up all in arms about this?

Up in arms? My arms are all in my closet at home. :wink: :laugh:

I just think your comment was full of projection and nonsense.:smokin:

Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
  • JojoEffeckt164
    JojoEffeckt164 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    None of those for a 7 year old! Sorry... You can entertain a little boy like this by taking him out to the playground...
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    How about neigher, How about letting him earn it with Great grades and great decisions.

happened to me when i was in second grade. got a Nintendo and my grades took a nose dive.

That's unfortunate that your parents let bad behavior turn into a habit. :ohwell:

ETA: How does one go about getting bad grades in the second grade? Seriously, wtf?

i think they just didn't know. video games were new, and it took a couple of months or so for my grades to really plummet.

and i wouldn't say it was bad behavior. it was just a distraction that got out of hand. they kinda curtailed it soon enough. and i'm okay now. i have an engineering degree and working on my masters.

Yeah, I got 100% on everything in 2nd grade. Second grade is a piece of cake. That's what I'm saying. It wasn't until I got to high school that I made less than an "A." Most of second grade is just repeating what was learned in first grade. And *clearly* poor performance in 2nd grade did not affect your career...

I think this was *your* problem, and you are trying to pretend that everyone has the same issues. Don't put your baggage on others. I played Atari in second grade, and I practiced the piano every evening, cuz guess what? There's no homework in second grade, just "seat" work that you do at school.

and i never said that everyone would have the same issues as me. i just said that when i got a nintendo, my grades dropped.

:laugh:

:flowerforyou:
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

t(-.-t)
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

t(-.-t)

Your search - t(-.-t) - did not match any documents.