foods you didn't know where bad before the interweb...

Options

Replies

• tegalicious
    Options
    I'm torn and don't know what to think, I read that pizza is bad because it has flour, cheese and meat on it but then I see that the US congress deems it a vegetable source for children in schools!?

As a daycare provider this drives me up a wall!!!! Pop tarts are also considered a fruit serving!!!!
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    For the record, my reply to this thread was sarcasm, I actually thought the OP was joking...

If the OP wasn't being sarcastic, then an alien has now possessed him, and everyone should reset their passwords. :angry:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    :drinker: :smokin:

QFT
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Everything is bad for you. Even water makes it hard for you to drop weight (or so I've read on these forums.)

I'm on a strict air and sunlight diet now.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    I'm torn and don't know what to think, I read that pizza is bad because it has flour, cheese and meat on it but then I see that the US congress deems it a vegetable source for children in schools!?

As a daycare provider this drives me up a wall!!!! Pop tarts are also considered a fruit serving!!!!

So is the tomato sauce that comes with breadsticks at the schools.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Twinkies, Ho Hos and ding dongs- but if we have a zombie apocalypse and these are the last things I am totally eating them :laugh:

But Ho Hos and Ding Dongs aren't bad. The chocolate outter coating (unlike Twinkies) keeps the bad stuff from getting in. Right? :wink:

Yeah like all the fat toxins that float around in the air while you are cooking it and are then absorbed by other foods.... such as twinkies... :wink:
  • mccindy72
    Options
    Twinkies, Ho Hos and ding dongs- but if we have a zombie apocalypse and these are the last things I am totally eating them :laugh:

But Ho Hos and Ding Dongs aren't bad. The chocolate outter coating (unlike Twinkies) keeps the bad stuff from getting in. Right? :wink:

Yeah like all the fat toxins that float around in the air while you are cooking it and are then absorbed by other foods.... such as twinkies... :wink:

I thought that's what the open box of baking soda was for?
  • tegalicious
    Options

Yup! Oh and ranch dressing is a dairy serving. And ketchup if given in a 1/4 cup serving can be considered a vegetable.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    I was being sarcastic in the OP, but there's seriously a lot of foods that I would not even know there were negative stigmas to (other than specific individuals having allergies to specific foods) without boards like these. Especially in their "whole food" forms.
  • RockWarrior84
    RockWarrior84 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    everything that has calories
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

Hey definitely! Bluebery PopTarts = not-so-fresh fruit

I still say tomato is a veggie though, so marinara is totally veggie, not fruit

Pizza is all food groups, unless you are too picky about toppings! :grumble:
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    Everything is bad for you. Even water makes it hard for you to drop weight (or so I've read on these forums.)

I hope you wear sunscreen and that air isn't polluted.

Seriously, I drink 16-17 8 oz. glasses of water a day, it helps keep things flowing.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options

air = toxic
    sunlight = cancer
  • rbear713
    rbear713 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    the worldwidewebs have convinced me that all food is "bad" but that i can still eat some "healthy" things like cauliflower, lettuce, water, and celery. i dont bother with anything else at this point.

TRUTH
  • Mgregory723
    Mgregory723 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    the worldwidewebs have convinced me that all food is "bad" but that i can still eat some "healthy" things like cauliflower, lettuce, water, and celery. i dont bother with anything else at this point.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: IKR!
  • mccindy72
    Options

I hope you wear sunscreen and that air isn't polluted.

Seriously, I drink 16-17 8 oz. glasses of water a day, it helps keep things flowing.

Don't forget about water toxicity, and it is possible to drink too much water and throw off your sodium/potassium balance.

Stop eating,drinking, and go curl up in a hole in the ground!
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Especially in their "whole food" forms.
    Wow.. you're a braver man than me going in such places!
  • FindingMyPerfection
    FindingMyPerfection Posts: 702 Member
    Options

air = toxic
    sunlight = cancer
    Sunlight is so bad it can kill the immortal vampires!
  • mccindy72
    Options

air = toxic
    sunlight = cancer

Not the shiny ones!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I came in thinking this was a joke/satire thread. But I'm afraid it's meant to be serious. Oh boy...

yup. scared
  • FindingMyPerfection
    FindingMyPerfection Posts: 702 Member
    Options

air = toxic
    sunlight = cancer

Not the shiny ones!
    Those aren't real!:grumble: