What kind of dog do you have?

Options

Replies

• HappyTravels
    HappyTravels Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Mini Schnauzer. He Used To Be The 1st Image That Came Up In Google Images When Searching For Senor Sexy But Some Unsexy Human Is 1st Now
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I have a "little" Bernese Mountain Dog... 10 months old and about 75-80lbs. Small for his age, but that's ok, he'll grow into his paws one of these days. Profile pic was taken when he was 5-6 months old. His name is Gif :)

I love these dogs. I had one when I was a kid--best dog ever. He was so smart. I see alot of them in northern Italy.
  • robynrae_1
    robynrae_1 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I have an 18 mo Vizsla named Hobbes, named after the tiger in the Calvin and Hobbes cartoons. He is my running partner and makes sure I get out there every day.
    33tle7q.jpg

There is nothing like a Vizsla to get you out an active. If we don't go to the dog park at least once a day he drives me bonkers.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,390 Member
    Options
    I have 2 Hungarian Viszlas. They need a lot of running. Well, I run. They walk.

I think it is so funny that you posted about your Vizslas right before I posted the picture of mine! :) Vizslas definitely need their exercise and really encourage us to get out there!
  • shanaber
    Options
    I have an 18 mo Vizsla named Hobbes, named after the tiger in the Calvin and Hobbes cartoons. He is my running partner and makes sure I get out there every day.
    33tle7q.jpg

There is nothing like a Vizsla to get you out an active. If we don't go to the dog park at least once a day he drives me bonkers.

Vizslas are amazing dogs - so loving and they have such great, goofy, personalities! We run almost every day 3-6 miles and go to the dog beach on the weekends. I also take him once in a while to doggy daycare to play and socialize more with the other dogs. We are also taking agility classes that he loves and seem to tire him out better than anything else.
  • beerey05
    beerey05 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    A chaweenie!
  • slimmeup
    slimmeup Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a mix. He is part shepard and chow, so I tell everyone he is a sherow. :laugh: He is 7 years old and very spoiled!
  • lucan07
    lucan07 Posts: 509
    Options
    I have a short legged long tailed terrier, I have heard people refer to him as a croc but I call him a short legged long tailed terrier!
  • Annie81503
    Annie81503 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    2 black labs, my best buddies!
  • mjsmamma
    mjsmamma Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Proud owner of the sweetest 'rescue' pit bull ever. Clyde the Wonder Dog. After only being with me and my daughter for two months he scared away an intruder who then went to a neighbors house and got 35 years for what he did to her. {{shudder}}
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    33tle7q.jpg

I've already mentioned my Milliegirl, a Boxer mix, but I've always suspected that her "mix" is Viszla. Seeing the this photo, I'm pretty confidident she is, this is the look she gives me...all the time.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Proud owner of the sweetest 'rescue' pit bull ever. Clyde the Wonder Dog. After only being with me and my daughter for two months he scared away an intruder who then went to a neighbors house and got 35 years for what he did to her. {{shudder}}

Wow that is scary! Thank God for Clyde the Wonder Dog.
  • dbhelphrey
    Options
    Australian Kelpies, 2 of them.
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    << Terrier mix maybe? She was a stray so I'm not sure.
  • Curleycue0314
    Curleycue0314 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Two, Both Rescues. One is a Chocolate Lab with Hip issues, the other is a Grey hound, German Shepherd (so the vet thinks) mix. We got her from an amazing organization in St Louis Called Stray Rescue.
  • robynrae_1
    Options
    I total agree, I love my clown. We are taking tribball classes and he like that. I would love to do agility with him, but not in this weather.
  • shanaber
    Options
    I total agree, I love my clown. We are taking tribball classes and he like that. I would love to do agility with him, but not in this weather.

We are in So. California so the only weather we have to deal with is rain and we haven't had much of that! Getting in agility at class and playing with it at home are the best! I am not familiar with tribball so will have to look that one up,
  • robynrae_1
    Options
    I am in Wisconsin and we have been having lots of below 0 days. Tribball is also called doggy soccer. Cooper gets to push a ball around with his nose to a goal that I am standing by. We are only in the foundation class right now. We are working on sending him out past the ball and pushing the ball with his nose.
  • RobynSmithIBECHS
    RobynSmithIBECHS Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    1- Cleo. Corgi German Shepard Mix and she is about 10

2- Brutis. Corgi Basset Hound mix
  • MJLA71
    Options
    I have a friendly, crazy, loveable Jack Russell. I love him to pieces!