7 day weight loss pill success!

Options

Replies

• donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    No need to be rude.

not being rude, just making my point! All i did was ask a question and got jumped on-you were not even who i was talking to as you did not post a reply so jump off!

Wow, so now you're telling me to go kill myself. Nice.

Donyelle, she could be from the UK or another country where it doesn't mean "kill yourself" but "get off my back"

Her profile doesn't say where she's from.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    wow-so much for community support. Just a bunch of haters. done

You're getting plenty of support. Tons of people are telling you not to waste your money or get your hopes up over this pill, and that weight loss is the result of a calorie deficit, and nothing else. How much more supportive do you want people to be? If everyone said "great job...you go with your diet pill taking bad-self!" that would NOT be support, it would be misleading. Support isn't always telling you what you want to hear.
  • ThriceBlessed
    ThriceBlessed Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I think you're getting such negative responses because there IS no such thing as a magic pill for weight loss, and people grow tired of hearing about them all the time.

If you have conditions that this pill is good for, and if you are okay with losing water weight that will return again if you eat any salty food.

Maybe the pill won't hurt you as a "jump start", but just be aware that its effects are temporary at best. It *may* increase your metabolism, but honestly so does methamphetamine but that doesn't mean you should take it. Now, perhaps you feel its automatically safe because its "natural" and "herbal", but hemlock is a 100% natural plant, and it is still deadly. Infact, herbs contain many compounds, some of which have harmful side effects just like drugs do. Natural does not equal healthy.

You are asking if anyone has had any experience with the pill, I haven't with that particular pill.... but I have tried other "miracle" weight loss supplements in the past and have reached the conclusion that they are more hype than anything else, so I steer away from them now and just make sure I eat at a calorie deficit and exercise daily.
  • Maleficent0241
    Maleficent0241 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I love that its 100% herbal so not putting chemicals in my body.

Herbs are chemicals. Please don't fall into the "natural=safe" fallacy. If it's strong enough to do anything, it's strong enough to have side effects just like any other drug.

ETA: Do you see an endocrinologist for the PCOS? There are medications that can help control it to a degree, which are actually regulated and have pretty well known side effect profiles. Yeah, weight gain is always going to be harder, but there are legit things that could possibly help.
  • ashleyisgreat
    ashleyisgreat Posts: 586 Member
    Options

The community does not enable poor decision-making. They will always support legitimate forms of weight loss, but magic pills don't make the cut. Just because people are unwilling to validate bogus pills does not mean that they are not supportive. In fact, telling you the honest truth about the pills *is* support. People are trying to help you think a little more critically about what you're consuming and why/how it "works." So be grateful that anyone even bothered to stop off at this post, which would normally be ignored, to give you some solid advice.
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    OH, and by the way the name is in the title: 7 day weight loss pill and is sold on supplements and is highly rated as one of the top ten weight loss supplements.

And the top two "supplements" are eating better and moving more. Works virtually every time (absent medical conditions). And as you've only been on MFP for a little less than a month, I'm no doubt sure you've figured out by now that the vast majority of users (including myself) do not believe that there is any magic elixir for weight loss. Best of luck but I hope you ditch the pills.
  • SCV34
    SCV34 Posts: 2,048 Member
    Options
    Prior to the above post no one suggested or hinted at any of the things you are wanting to clear up.

Diet pills are not the answer to a life of health and well being. I can't imagine that would be very good short or long term.

I am confused as to the statment that was made about not being a junk food loving layabout and that you have been a pretty healthy eater for the most part, then why would you need to take something to clean yourself out of toxins and the like?:huh:

But to answer your question, I personally have never taken a diet pill of any kind and don't plan to.
  • kjo9692
    kjo9692 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    LOL I was expecting something like: Yeah! The pill is called get-off-your-butt-and-stop-shoving-food-down-your-throat or something like that. Look - you can lose weight the natural way, no need to take magic pills.

I lost 10 pounds in a week by not eating foods high in glucose when I started - that was all water weight, so is the weight you lost with that pill. In fact, anyone who has a great deal of weight to lose will lose a bunch of weight the first weeks due to water retention.

Anyway, good luck on your weight loss journey and try to lose it in a more natural way, this is a marathon not a race.
  • DSTMT
    DSTMT Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I had to look this one up, because you know... research. OP, did you read EVERYTHING about the ingredients? Search for side effects? Because it's not all that it's cracked up to be.

Dandelion root, buchu leaves, parsley leaves, burdock root and uva ursi are all diuretics. This means the weight you lose is water. Diuretics also reduce potassium levels and can give you dehydration and muscle cramping. Psyllium husk, aloe vera leaf and rice bran fiber are natural laxatives. Umm... yeah..... sounds wonderful. And you plan to take diuretics and laxatives every other week? Sounds healthy. :|

Sorry, but this pill is bogus. You would be better off throwing it in the trash and just eating at a calorie deficit.

lol this is exactly what I was going to say...too OP be careful if you're trying to have a baby, it has raspberry leaf in it, and that can cause uterine contractions that can cause early miscarriage.
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    OP, I wish you continued success and I hope you are able to find good deals on toilet paper.
  • louisegibbs85
    louisegibbs85 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I lost 3lb in the first week and 4lb in the second week without any pill. I know these pills are said to decrease appetite so suppose it can kick start you off if you feel ya can't get over the initial hungar pangs you get when you first start cutting back on how much you eat. Well done on the 5lb loss anyway and keep at it which ever way you think suits you .... good luck on your weight loss journeys all :)
  • MandyyyB
    Options
    I really don't have any thoughts on this pill, I mean I wouldn't take it, I prefer the natural way.
    However, there are some harsh people in the house today.
    Completely destroying each other is not going to help anything.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I had to look this one up, because you know... research. OP, did you read EVERYTHING about the ingredients? Search for side effects? Because it's not all that it's cracked up to be.

Dandelion root, buchu leaves, parsley leaves, burdock root and uva ursi are all diuretics. This means the weight you lose is water. Diuretics also reduce potassium levels and can give you dehydration and muscle cramping. Psyllium husk, aloe vera leaf and rice bran fiber are natural laxatives. Umm... yeah..... sounds wonderful. And you plan to take diuretics and laxatives every other week? Sounds healthy. :|

Sorry, but this pill is bogus. You would be better off throwing it in the trash and just eating at a calorie deficit.

I'm not sure how much you know about pregnancy but you gain of lot of weight that is water retention due to poorer circulation in your body...

also you didn't list the other 15+ ingredients: http://www.esupplements.com/products/7-day-weight-loss-pill/?utm_source=google+product+search&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=7-day-weight-loss-pill

I have a 5 year old, I know about pregnancy. Sure there can be SOME water retention (my ankles were ridiculously swollen at 8 months), but it DOES go away. It's not permanent. Your body takes care of that, either through normal urination/sweating/whatever or after birth.

And I didn't need to list the other 15 ingredients. It was enough to list the diuretics and laxatives. That is pretty much the place to stop, when you see those things. It may be "all natural" but it is no healthy.

Yes, this is a support forum, but you won't find anyone here that will "support" taking diuretics, laxatives, magic unicorn glitter poop or what have you. You said you were looking forward to input and we gave it to you. If you didn't want to hear negative responses, that's on you.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I really don't have any thoughts on this pill... But there are some mean people in the house today.

Mean?? Haters??!
    tumblr_inline_moihfuuH2G1qz4rgp.png
    For telling someone that their diet pills aren't worth it and that there's a better, more sustainable way to do things?

SO mean and hateful!

:drinker:

People have a funny definition of "mean" these days.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    Options
    I really don't have any thoughts on this pill... But there are some mean people in the house today.

Mean?? Haters??!
    For telling someone that their diet pills aren't worth it and that there's a better, more sustainable way to do things?

SO mean and hateful!

• MandyyyB
    Options

Mean?? Haters??!

SO mean and hateful!

I am simply saying there are nicer ways to talk to each other without freaking out.
    I am not supporting her for taking diet pills, I am just stating a point.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    Options

Mean?? Haters??!

SO mean and hateful!

I am simply saying there are nicer ways to talk to each other without freaking out.
    I am not supporting her for taking diet pills, I am just stating a point.

I know.:flowerforyou:
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options

Mean?? Haters??!

SO mean and hateful!

:flowerforyou: