WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2014

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Joyce: Walk, Water & relax is an excellent plan.:flowerforyou:

MaryEllen: This is a wonderful group. Welcome. :flowerforyou:

Sandy in ON: I admire you for the grit it takes to deal with the cold. I don’t know what I would do in your situation. Western Oregon is renowned for its rain, but we usually don’t have extremes of temperature. We haven’t even had the usual amount of rainy days this year. Our little bit of snow has been very exciting.:wink::laugh:

Nanalleen: Welcome.:flowerforyou:

Linda_Lou: I think Garcina Cambogia is going to make someone rich and no one thin and healthy. I would be highly suspicious of ANYTHING promoted by Dr. Oz. Counting Calories is the way to succeed.:flowerforyou:

Heather: It is good to hear that your ex and his family are safe.:flowerforyou:

Margaret: Good news about your vision. I’m happy that your retina has healed. Do you know what caused the tear in the first place.?:flowerforyou:

Meetings tonight and DH has to get his blood drawn, so I'll see you all later.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

February goals:

1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Move more: cardio at least 3 days a week and strength training as soon as I am able.
    3. Water: According to an article I saw on facebook, drinking water at certain times maximizes its effectiveness for the body. I’ll work toward following these guidelines:
    * 2 glasses of water after waking up - helps activate internal organs
    * 1 glass of water 30 minutes before a meal - helps digestion
    * 1 glass of water before taking a bath - helps lower blood pressure
    * 1 glass of water before going to bed - avoids stroke or heart attack
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,817 Member
    Options
    Good Tuesday morning. I am doing well and down acouple pounds at weigh in this morning. Happy about that.
    Spent the weekend in Imperial at my parents. DH shampooed all the carpets and I cleaned the kitchen and dusted. So feel good about having that done. Dad was up in the chair and did walk around the house some. He is so weak and gets tired fast. Tomorrow we go back to Kearney for the next surgery. Putting stents in his heart. So I will go over in the moring and be there until Thursday evening.

Angie--Sounds like you need to have a talk with the doctor. Night sweats are no fun. I had to start sleeping with a fan. DH has the blankets up around his neck and I am sweating with none. Sure not fun.

CarolAnne--where did you find such a good buy on the bed?? Like you I have wanted one for years and price made it not possible.

Joyce--Prayers for you and DH!!

Susan--Hugs and Prayers to you! Go easy on yourself as you have been thru alot and each day is a new beginning.

Sylvia--don't beat yourself up, we have to do that once in awhile or get depressed. Important not to get up and more good days than bad, that is what I keep telling myself. Buno sounds like a very active puppy. Best wishes on your trip to the doctor.

Patti--how scary!!

Sandy--You are doing so well. Breaking 300!!! I remember when I did and felt like crying as couldn't remember when I had been there before.

Katla--So glad everything came out ok with the puppy, bet he feels so much better also.

Gloria--prayers for you and your mom and step dad.

Kayzoola--a pet bunny. I think they would be so soft to cuddle.

Heather--sounds like a good time with DGS and family. You are a very busy lady.

Yanniejannie--Congrates!

Well I am up to page 17 so will post this for now and try and get more read if I have time tonight. I have to pack a bag and get things ready to go for tomorrow. I plan to take a book and something else to do as we will be sitting around while dad is in surgery. Have a good evening and prayers to those who need them.
    Blessed! Vicki GI NE
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,094 Member
    Options
    Katla it was a combination of factors age, a bad fall about three weeks before it happened, and being on antibiotics for Lymes disease that caused my tear. What happened is the fluid in my eye shrank pulling the retina and tearing it. The symptoms were massive floaters. It looked like black smoke in my eye or stringy cobwebs. The treatment was to use a laser to repair the tear. Without immediate treatment I had a 1in3 chance of a detached retina. with the repair it was 1in20. A detached retina is a medical emergency if not repaired you will go blind in that eye. I tell others my story because it is easy to tell yourself to wait and see if the smoke will clear on its own. Mine did within a day but my vision was grainy in that eye and the tear was still there. I had it repaired within about 24 hours of it happening so that helped account for my good outcome. I did not lose any vision in that eye.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,094 Member
    Options
    Claudia thank you for adding the part about actually stop breathing when you have sleep apnea. That is the part of this condition that wakes the person up with the snort. I am glad your brother got help for the condition. I know my mom did not like wearing the mask at night but there was a tremendous difference in her when she wore it.
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! Just found your group and would love to join you.

I'm 51 and joined MFP in August. While my ticker shows a 31 pound loss, I'm actually down about 62 pounds. Stopped weighing myself after a certain point in my life so that's kind of a guess. Joined MFP when I hit a weight loss snag. Eating less and exercising more works ... surprise, surprise... it only took me 30+ years to figure that out though!

I'm married and have two sons, ages 27 and 16. We are dealing with some difficult situations right now ... like many of you. Your situations will be added to my prayer list.

My goal is simple ... be the best I can be ... one day at a time ... and drink more water! ????

Looking forward to your posts and inspiration.
    Beth from cold and snowy Western NY
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Talk about stress eating. Was bad another time. Before I left the hospital I went ahead and logged my supper. I knew I was still to low on calories and about everything else so would have to eat something else tonight. Husband had given me a list of things he wanted brought in to him, also was pretty bummed out that he was missing his Hacienda night where he gets his shredded beef and cheese burrito, rice and white bean chili. Also loves the chips and salsa. So he wanted me to pick up a carry out for him. He has done real good with his meals there so I said I would. So I went home, got what I thought he wanted, then called Hacienda for the carry out. He was wanting another pair of pants to wear when he was discharged. Of course he had his clothes on when he went home but he had a little mishap in them Friday night. He went in with diarrhea and had one of those dreaded 'wet farts'. We each do out own laundry and we didn't think he was going to be in the hospital that long. He only leaked a little bit and cleaned it up there in the hospital so I didn't immediately take them home and wash them. But I did eventually. So last Saturday he told me to bring in a pair of his corduory pants, His shirt he wore in the hospital was still OK. Well after I got there with the pants, he decided they would be to small. So tonight he wanted the pair of pants I had washed. He was sure they were blue denim, I said no that they were black. Of course he thinks I am wrong as usual and he wants a blue shirt to go with the blue denims that he knew he wore. He was tired of his whisker stubble and wanted razor and shaving cream. So I get home, check the denims, yes, they were black. He wanted blue with blue shirt. So I look in his closet, his favorite blue ones are in the laundry and he didn't have a long sleeve blue shirt. So i get another pair of blue denims and a long sleeve shirt. He isn't going to a fashion show for heavens sake. He will put his dark blue hoodie on over whatever shirt I take him, zip it up to practically his nose, then put his coat on. What difference does it make. Also he had 3 different razors out, which one does he use????? We use two separate bathrooms, I don't know which one he uses. So I take all 3. I go pick up his food, there are no parking spaces close at 5:30 PM, get up to his room. What took me so long????? I wanted to eat 15 minutes ago. I had the wrong pants, he hadn't worn that shirt in awhile, it may not look nice with those pants. Why did I get such a large bag of chips and salsa. They only sell one size bag. I just told him I could only do the best I could and was exhausted. he eventually told me thank you and how much he appreciated what I had done.

So where is all this taking me??? Well it took me to the gas station close to my house, well it's past my house, had to drive 1 mile past my house to get to it. My favorite items for stress is the oversized Nestles sundae ice cream drum stick, and a king sized Milky Way. Needless to say if I ate my supper I would be way over my calories. So those indulgent things was my supper. I can only wonder what my blood sugar will be tomorrow. I am under my calories for the day but there isn't a whole lot of nutrition in what I ate.

We weren't able to have the neuro consult in the hospital. After I thought about it, there are so many side effects of this new medicine that the cardiologist has put my husband on it is best that he not also be put on Senemet which will also have the potential of a lot of side effects. So only one medicine at a time. We got it rescheduled for March 3rd which isn't to bad. It's also my birthday. So March 3rd at 3 PM! Easy to remember.

Beautiful sunshine today. We had the blinds open and it was wonderful.

I feel like right now all my posts are so focused on my husbnad but even though we don't have a Cinderella type romance, we love each other very much and we have been married for 41 years. So I am extremely worried right now. I never realized I was as much controlling as I seem to be through all this. It may be something I need to work on. He is a grown man and I need to realize hat he is intelligent enough to make decisions on his own.

Love you all, appreciate you being my sounding board. Joyce, indiana
  • jenero52
    jenero52 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    BRRRR!!! I must admit that it was nice to come home from work at 6pm and it was still light out!! Ok, it is still -ahundred degrees BUT IT WAS LIGHT OUT! This cold snap is to stay with us for a while longer so.. I'm counting my sleeps til California -8 to go!!! I hope the weather holds but even if it's only in the 2o's (70's) it's waaaay better than the -40 that we've been living with!
    Beth - I love your motto! "My goal is simple ... be the best I can be ... one day at a time ... and drink more water! ???? " I may adopt that with the addition of move more -

'hope you're all well. Stay warm and happy!

Jenero

ps- I also think that Garcinia Cambogia is tempting but anything that shows up in advertising on FaceBook with poor photoshopping is just going to make someone rich and none of us thinner - at least not in a lasting way if it works at all….
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the well wishes for my children! The boy child managed just fine with his dad, although he evidently refused to tell him about the procedure afterwards. Evidently, the tech kept leaving the room to check with her supervisor which indicates to me that she saw something unusual. I should find out tomorrow when I call for the results. My daughter's surgery went well. The doctor repaired the disc and fused the vertebrae with donor bone plus plates and screws. She will need care for about a week and then should be able to be on her own for the most part. She can't lift more than five pounds, bend over, or turn her head so that will make it difficult. All in all, it was a VERY long day.

My ex had sleep apnea and had a CPAP machine for a while. He ended up have surgery to correct it. We have a friend who uses a CPAP and its name is Monica (Lewinsky). I'm sure you can figure that one out on your own. :bigsmile:

Oh, good heavens, there was something else in particular that I wanted to respond to, but I've already forgotten. Maybe I'll be better after some sleep. :yawn:

Made some bad food choices today but am still under calorie goal so I guess it wasn't too horrible. Maybe the impending snow will allow me to get some things back under control.

Carol in NC
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    Today I went on the treadmill. The workout consists of 1 minute at 4mph, 40 seconds at 4.5mph, 20 seconds at 5mph, then 1 minute at 3.5mph. Did that for an hour

I was planning to do a step DVD tomorrow. I'm still going to do it.

The lady who is in charge of the bowling called to ask me "if they cancel bowling, would I call the others on my team". Honestly, I don't think it's a case of IF they cancel bowling, it's more a case of WHEN they cancel bowling

We're supposed to get snow. Really not that much but down here in the South, they don't know how to handle it. They ARE very religious about their snow "God put it here, God'll take it away" I'm thinking that I'll make some cookies that we can take to FL (I want to use up the cream cheese) and some chocolate chip cookies. I was originally planning that I'd have a small dinner and then snacks at Rummikub, only the Rummikub has been cancelled. I do have some cod in the refrigerator that I need to cook up since it's defrosted, so I'll make that for dinner tonight. Originally I was going to have cod for dinner tomorrow night, but I'll just switch things up and have what I was planning for Thursday on Wednesday and then Wednesday's dinner on Thursday. That'll work

Alison - you certainly are getting your share of exercise! Arms, back, legs, abs, everything

Was it Sandy who mentioned that she'd gone back to having a piece of gum? Maybe I have the wrong person. Anyway, so many times I want to snack at night, I'm going to give this gum thing a try. Thanks to whoever mentioned it

Don't really know why, but I can't seem to get warm today.

Two gals came over last night. We usually play mahjongg but we decided to play Mexican Train. Vince also played. Mahjongg is good, but this was also good for a change.

After exercising today I took a "wash off the sweat" shower. Then I put on this sweater that I'd bought at the Salvatioin Army. Well, it had shrunk in the dryer! So the minute I got home I took it off. I'll wash it and redonate it. At least it only cost me $3.

DeeDee - I could BELIEVE the people at Aldi yesterday! One of the gals who came here last night stopped at the food store before she got here. She said the store was completely out of bread and almost out of ground beef. Guess a lot of people are expecting to make chili. I don't want to make too much since we'll be going away. This cold/snow is crazy -- enough aready! But it CAN snow while we're in FL, that I won't mind. But bet it'll be cold down there. Right after I take a shower (at home not at the Y) I usually put some glycerine on my skin, that seems to really help with the dryness. My arms used to be so dry that I'd scratch them until they were bleeding

I'm supposed to get the oil in my car changed Friday. I'm figuring that things'll be "passable" by then.

Patty - take care of yourself

Marilyn - welcome! You join by posting, keep coming back so we can get to kow you better

katla - can you turn the volume down on your phone? I think what the doctor's offices are mostly concerned about is that people get calls and are talking while they're registering or are distracted and don't go in to see the MD when they are called.

Sue in SD - have fun at your gettogether

Laura in CO - I honestly feel I mix up my exercises mostly because I get bored so easily....lol

Mary - welcome! What kind of work do you do?

Nanaileen - welcome

Linda-Lou - I've hear a lot about GC lately, but I firmly believe that there isn't a magic pill,you need to change your lifestyle.

Heather - glad ex's house is OK

Margaret - yea that your eye is OK

Lisainup - welcome back. I think just about all of us have gone thru getting real close to goal only to go back up. We're all here for you.

Vicki - thoughts and prayers are with you for tomorrow

Margaret - thanks for reminding us of the importance of keeping a watch on your eyesight and noticing even the smallest change can be very important.

Beth - welcome!

Made some chocolate chip cookies today to take with us down to FL then made the cod for dinner tonight. Tomorrow I'll make these cream cheese sugar cookies, only I won't tell Vince there's cream cheese in them. He'll never know.

Michele in NC
  • AnneCarolOne
    AnneCarolOne Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    vicki157- I was looking online through UsedVictoria.com for an adjustable bed. I have been wanting one for years and the home nurses have been complaining about their achy backs, so I went searching online. It was a deal that I couldn't pass up! It was only used for six months before his mom entered a nursing home and is in mint condition! I saw another one for $100 more but they are usually sold used for over 1000.00! That is still high for a pensioner! If you look hard enough You will eventually find what you want for a decent price!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I tried to get back into strength training too soon and too fast after I hurt my back and it was a bad idea so I agreed with myself that I would wait until February to try again. Today I started with a one and a half minute plank…..maybe I could have held it longer, but I want to see what it does to my back. I’ve been doing yoga on Saturdays and staying away from the twists that seem to bother my back when I did them in December. I am so grateful that I am able to walk and dance the way I did before and I know that gradually I’ll get back to doing other things…..it is an exercise in patience and acceptance.

:flowerforyou: Amanda, I wear long underwear, wool socks, and two long sleeve shirts to stay warm….sometimes I wear a fleece jacket over all my clothes…..at night I sleep under flannel sheets and at least four blankets.

:flowerforyou: When I went out with Brandy this morning, the street was wet but not icy in front of our house, but two houses down it was very icy so we turned around and I directed Brandy on the route we can take that is primarily walking in the grass with only a few street crossings. Now that it's warmer, the dogs want to walk longer and our walk lasted almost two hours.

:flowerforyou: I spent so much time watching the Olympics, walking dogs, and doing errands that all I had time for was to read the posts.

:heart: Barbie from beautiful NW Washington

1461351h0otf8hco5.gif
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: 21,000 steps today ----one and half minute plank
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm feeling a little better today. Another storm has closed the schools so I'm getting more rest at home. Just praying the power stays on. We have no heat or water if it goes off.

DH and I braved the weather to go to physical therapy. I was the only one there. They cut my splint down some so it is slightly more comfortable.

Take care, all.
  • mtullock
    mtullock Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies - I find this feed interesting and right up my over 50 alley. About 3 years ago I started on a weight loss journey and lost 85 lbs. I still wanted to lose another 50 lbs but just could not seem to break the slump. I did maintain for some time but in the past 6 months I have regained 15 back. I am very upset with myself and realize I need to stop and look at what is going on. I have decreased exercise and I am not paying as much attention to my food choices; all leading to the extra pounds. I got a fitbit for Christmas and I still cannot seem to get motivated enough. I re-started logging and I think that is helping but the exercise needs to come back into play. No one can do it for me, I know it must come from within myself. I just thought this connection to all of you might lend to some inspiration. Thanks for listening (reading actually) and in advance for the support.
    Mary
  • kjtown43
    Options
    Hello to all,
    Sounds like a great place to share ideas and support. I'm just getting started . . . only my fourth day tracking things with MFP.

I'll add a photo and more info soon. I look forward to swapping stories and getting to know everyone!

Kathy / Everett, WA
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Hi just a quick post this morning.

What a day I had yesterday! Hubby woke up with pains in his arms, of course unable to get an appointment with the doctor, but they did say that they'd get the doctor to call. I stayed with him a while but he said he was okay so I went in to work,

Called hubby later to find the doc still hadn't phoned, then about half an hour after that he phoned me to say that he felt ,so was taking a taxi to the walk in centre ( a bit like A&E but for non emergencies) I said I'd leave and meet him there.

To cut a long story short, Walk in Centre could do nothing but advise to get an emergency appointment with the GP that afternoon, we turned up at the wrong surgery - no one was there - my fault though as I'd thought it was our local surgery the appointment was with. Too late to get to the other surgery and as hubby felt a little better thought we'd leave it until the next day and make an appointment with GP. Of course later that evening his was in agony so this time we took a trip to the real A&E. Had blood pressure taken and heart trace, everything ok they are flummoxed - don't know what is wrong with him. Advised to make an appointment with GP to have bloods taken to find out if anything is found.

Back to square one,

Thanks for listening, needed to "tell" someone. I know a lot of you are going through your own or loved ones health worries. Sending you love and hugs.

Not sure what to do today whether to go to work or not.

Take care everyone.

Viv x
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Beth from W NY: Welcome. I struggle with the drink more water goal, too. I think you’ll find a lot of support here.:flowerforyou:

Joyce: You always impress me, and your realization that your husband needs to make his own decisions about some things is a wake-up call for me. I’ll have to look at how I treat my DH, too.:flowerforyou:

Michele: “They ARE very religious about their snow, "God put it here, God'll take it away." I am laughing so hard. I love your sense of humor. :laugh:

Barbie: I’m glad that you’re beginning to work on strength again. I’m not quite there. Yoga is challenge enough. I did a 90 second plank the other day. I’m very proud of myself. I may never do a longer one. Instead I may do two or three or…. I read somewhere that 3 thirty second planks are better than one 90 second plank. I’m glad you’re back to long walks with your dogs.:flowerforyou:

Kay: I’m happy you have a slightly more comfortable splint. Every little bit helps.:flowerforyou:

Mary: Welcome. Where are you from?:flowerforyou:

Kathy in Everett WA: Welcome. There are several of us from the PNW. :flowerforyou:

Viv: Scary time for you with your DH’s health. I hope it isn’t serious and get a diagnosis. Let us know how it turns out. :flowerforyou:

I had an evening meeting tonight and am tired. Be safe and well.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

February goals:

1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Move more: cardio at least 3 days a week and strength training as soon as I am able.
    3. Water: According to an article I saw on facebook, drinking water at certain times maximizes its effectiveness for the body. I’ll work toward following these guidelines:
    * 2 glasses of water after waking up - helps activate internal organs
    * 1 glass of water 30 minutes before a meal - helps digestion
    * 1 glass of water before taking a bath - helps lower blood pressure
    * 1 glass of water before going to bed - avoids stroke or heart attack
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,358 Member
    Options
    Hi there!
    Waiting for my stepdaughter to arrive. All is ready. The drunken grapes with prawns on my Japanese cocktail sticks look fab!:laugh:

Carol - I hope your boy's results are ok. Glad both the children are managing.:flowerforyou:

Joyce - we are with you in spirit. Such a worrying time.:heart:

Viv - I hope you get to find out what the problem is with DH. What a worry!:flowerforyou:

I do think men need a woman to worry about them. I have managed to get my DH to put on 8 lbs in a year, but it was hard work. Last Jan he had a BMI of 19.4. Now he is 20.4 , so much healthier. He has at last been able to ask for help for his anxiety and is now on medication, but hates going to the doctor. It is indeed the case that men living on their own have much worse health and sre generally unhappier. I try to make it look like I'm not interfering and have to soft pedal with advice, but I think I do more good than harm!:laugh:

Just had a call to say she's lost, but nearly here!
    See you later!
    Heather in windy Hampshire UK
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Good morning beautiful ladies:flowerforyou:

Viv:smile: I sure hope everything is okay with DH:flowerforyou: , that`s really scary!!!

Kay:smile: I`m glad your wrist is feeling better:flowerforyou: !!! Stay safe in the winter storm!!!!

Welcome to everyone new:flowerforyou: ! Hope you`ll pop in often and chat with us!

Oh I just hate winter, this storm may bring 10 inches here:noway: ! I may be trapped in my house for days:sad: ! I thought I was ready for it, but didn`t take into account the power may go out:frown: , now I have to make a mad dash to the grocery:grumble: and buy some bottled water, hopefully there will still be some of the shelves!!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day! Drink your water:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: and log your food!!!

Hugs,
    DeeDee freezing in NC
  • moeggep
    moeggep Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All, Another cold morning in Ohio, but it's not snowing so it's all good.
    I found out last night that my daughter is having a GIRL! She is due in June This is her third and she will have one boy and two girls.
    My test is rescheduled for next Tuesday so I have some more study and practice time. Hopefully third times a charge.
    As part of my weight loss journey I have been seeing a life coach, this was offered through our well-care program at work and I thought I'd give it a try. I've really learned a lot about myself and how food has become my crutch, catch all, friend, lover etc. I'm now learning tools to use to help change this habit. One of the tools is to take the time to write what I'm feeling instead of reaching for food. I write what the 1.situation is, what my 2. thoughts are, what my 3. feelings are then what my 4. action will be and last what the 5. results will be. By the time you get to the action instead of eating you've had the chance to realize what your thoughts and feelings are and change the action from one of mindless eating to something that might actually help the situation more and change the usual outcome. We'll see. I used it in the office yesterday and felt that it could work.

Joyce, I wore a CPAP mask for years and last year was retested and don’t have to anymore since losing weight, I hated it at first but loved it once I adjusted and could then sleep better.
    Vivki, Prayers for your father and you.
    Welcome Beth from western NY
    Joyce IN, Hang in there girl! I hope it gets better for you. As for the stress eating, it’s over, don’t dwell on it and today is another day.
    Jenero, -40, Yikes that makes me think Ohio isn’t so bad at 0.
    Mary, I lost 90 and have gained back 25, that makes me have to lose75 more. I know what you mean about breaking the slump. I am working on this again and the posts here help me also.

Best get to work, everyone have a blessed and healthy day.
    Patty, Cincinnati
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Caught up on my sleep last night .....9 hrs of solid sleep.Woke this morn to a temp of -13, kind of chilly,but no more snow.
    Joyce,I think many ladies could plead guilty to being a bit bossy. Sometimes we have no choice,other times it comes with the territory. Don't beat yourself up. You take wonderful care of each other & that is what matters.
    PS yummy supper!:bigsmile:

Need to do some shopping, might do that tomor when it's warmer. Have a great day. Pat in Ohio