WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2014

Options

Replies

• tiarapants
    tiarapants Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday my lovelies

I am sitting at work and wishing I was out stomping in the woods. Very restless today. I think it is because my daughter is sat in Germany, with her baby due on Thursday. Her bf is working away this week (she's in Cologne, he's in Frankfurt) Eek, why am I not with her??

My IBS and gallbladder both decided to be SOBs yesterday. Eventually I gave up and took a hot water bottle to bed - although I was up and down to the bathroom more times than I like to remember.

Today will be a 'kind to my tummy' day and I will eat small and often.

Have a great day my friends.

Love to all.
    Amanda x
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on dropping below 300. So exciting!!!! & very inspiring to all.

Yum,your supper sounds good......Pat in Ohio
    I hit under 300 lbs today!! So excited!! Went to physical therapy for my knees today. My back is out and hubby's arm is out, but together, we cooked the dinner. Parmesan meatloaf, brown gravy with onions, oven roasted Brussels sprouts and potatoes, and a salad. Can't wait till dinner time!!
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Joyce,found this site for you. We have Jason's here. Pat in Ohio

http://www.nutrition-charts.com/jasons-deli-nutrition-facts-calorie-information/
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Good morning beautiful ladies:flowerforyou:

No time to reply today:sad: ....after being off since last Wed. it`s time to get my rear in gear and do some work:frown: !

Had a great time with the grandgirls yesterday:love: ! I let the oldest, she will be 13 next month, drive the car up and down the driveway:noway: , she did very well, the youngest actually told her she was driving too slow and she needed to "floor it and go fast":huh: :noway: , then she told me that`s how she`s going to drive, I told her she wouldn`t be driving my car, or driving me around. She is a little pistol:laugh: !

Michele:smile: Have a safe trip to FL!!!!

Thinking of you all and sending wishes for a lovely Tuesday:heart: ! Drink your water:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: and log your food!!!

Hugs,
    DeeDee in NC where it is warming up:glasses:
  • tiarapants
    tiarapants Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I hit under 300 lbs today!! So excited!! Went to physical therapy for my knees today. My back is out and hubby's arm is out, but together, we cooked the dinner. Parmesan meatloaf, brown gravy with onions, oven roasted Brussels sprouts and potatoes, and a salad. Can't wait till dinner time!!
    Well done you! I remember the day I first got below 300 pounds. I walked around with such a smile - would have thought I'd won the lottery!
    Keep at it.
    Amanda x
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,096 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies,

I am off to work today, so just time to say hello.

Deedee:drinker:

Everyone have a wonderful day!:flowerforyou:

"Take care of myself today, so I have a healthier tomorrow"

:heart:
    Margaret
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    morning ladies,
    snowing here again today~ gee isn't that unusal:huh:
    don't go into work until 10:30 so have a load of laundry in,and got the DH dinner and lunch ready ,
    again I havent gotten the urge to go to the gym, I feel like a slug,I am not giving up in the least,but just have not really not gotten into the exercise thing. I am trying to log everything, and try and eat correctly,but I am human, and sometimes I slip:frown:
    I just want spring,I want the peeper's peeping, the birds singing and the smell of spring in the air..:wink:
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Self-sabotage has resulted in a two pound gain this morning. ???? Need to get back to the gym and serious about my logging!

Snowing hard here today ... husband just called on his way to work to tell me roads are treacherous again. He commutes 100 miles several days a week ... so he knows. I'll need the truck today. Snow blowing is a good calorie burn! ????

Have a great day.
    Beth, WNY
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,395 Member
    Options
    Did 1 hr of the Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds DVD today. Tomorrow I'll probably go to a step class at the Y down in FL.

Well, we're getting ready to shut off servers, etc. Then going to leave

Joyce - so sorry you aren't going to your daughter's

Gotta skim, Vince is impatient to turn off the server

Love Jason's Deli. They have such good things there

Michele in NC
  • Kayzoola
    Options
    Bodypump yesterday, and Bodycombat with an extra half-hour of core workout today. My usual Tuesday workout. This is where I tell myself that the discomfort I subject myself to today is a gift I am giving to my future self to enjoy. Heave ho! Everyone have a great day.

Kayzoola (PNW USA)
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Good morning! The sun is shining, the birds are singing, and there is no more snow! All melted and gone. Temps in the upper 50's...till next week when winter comes roaring back.

Hubby had his doctor's appointment yesterday and found out the EKG taken during his sleep test showed that he has a Second Degree Block. Apparently that is not the same as a blocked artery. It's something to do with electrical impulses. He is wearing a holter monitor today, and waiting to get an appointment with a cardiologist. He doesn't remember if the doc said it was type 1 or type 2, so that would make a huge difference in the treatment. Type 1 is no biggie. Type 2 he might need a pacemaker. At least that's what I understood from reading online. Tomorrow he goes to the Ear Nose And Throat doctor to order his CPAP machine.

I forgot to hang up my swim suit and towel yesterday, so I'm waiting for them in the dryer before I can run off to the Y this morning. Food went well yesterday. No slip ups. So this morning my weight was down just a little bit more. Yesterday 205.4, today 204.8. Another 30 year low. Another 2.8 pounds will make 100 lost. But I feel like I'm counting my chickens! That could take another month, the way things are going.

Does anybody do Zumba? Our Y has started offering it four days a week, free, so I'm thinking about trying it. At least going to watch and see if I think I could do it. I've watched videos online and some look hard and some look easy. I'm very uncoordinated.

Well, the dryer has finished. Have a great day. I hope your snow stops soon, and be careful shoveling!

Sylvia
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Have a great day!!.:drinker: :drinker:
    After about 6-8 in of snow,it`s gonna be 41.HEATWAVE!!!Still gotta walk in the snow,some people don`t shovel,only their driveways,so it will be an adventure.I`ll get my exercise in.
    My friend tolerated the 1st round of the treatment.:drinker:
    HUgs to all:heart::heart: :heart:
    jane
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Sylvia: Thanks for the suggestion to look at You Tube. I have done that before and am now pretty sure I understand what you’re doing. Congratulations on your success.:flowerforyou:

Njtaliana: Congratulations on slipping below 300 lbs!:flowerforyou:

Yanniejannie: I’m so sorry your friend Gwen is having such a hard time.:flowerforyou:

Meg: I’m glad you’re back and sorry you needed a pity party. Not fun at all. You are so busy that I often am amazed at how much you do. I wonder if fatigue is your enemy. I struggled with it when I was teaching and was never able to find my balance because of the demands of the job and the horrid commute.:flowerforyou:

Beth WNY: I’m glad you found us again. You’re right to log everything, good, bad, and all. That is how you can see why things are going well or poorly.:flowerforyou:

Rori in CO: Glad to see you. It has been a while. You are a BUSY woman.:flowerforyou:

Carol in NC: Foodaholism is tougher than alcoholism in some ways, because abstaining from food completely is not an option. Forgive yourself, log every bite, and get back on track. Hugs.:flowerforyou:

Sue in TX: Welcome back. I’m glad you enjoyed your trip.:flowerforyou:

Michele: Do you take your cats to FL with you? Chocolate is not a problem for me other than the calories. I keep dark chocolate on hand to use as treats and do fine with it. Peanutbutter cups are another matter entirely. No control.:noway: I‘ll see if I can find some silken tofu the next time I’m baking a treat with oil in it.:flowerforyou:

Joyce: Men are often taught to suppress emotions, and “take it like a man,” whatever “it” happens to be. Your DH is probably a victim of that early training. Hugs to both of you.:flowerforyou:

Heather: What is a UTI? I understand being reluctant to spend a bunch of money on a phone with a contract, or any other long-term expense. I wasn’t worried about the phone contract because the out of pocket cost is reasonable, and I’ve been a customer of AT&T for decades so signing a contract agreement is not a risk. Getting a phone that matches your tablet is an excellent idea.:flowerforyou:

Cynthia: You are quite the romantic! Going out for the anniversary of your first kiss is an exceptionally wonderful idea.:love::flowerforyou:

Amanda: I’m so sorry your ITBS and gallbladder acted up at the same time. Hugs.:flowerforyou:

DeeDee: Your DGD is a hoot. I wonder what mine will be like at 13, and it is a mind boggling idea.:glasses:

Michele: Travel safely.:flowerforyou:

Sylvia: Good luck to your DH. I hope his situation is easily treatable. I have a cousin who has had a pacemaker since his twenties. The one he has now is not the original. It has been a generally good situation for him. If your DH ends up needing one, it could be a significant help for him feeling better.:flowerforyou:

I just told DH that I’m not really comfortable with spending a large amount of money on an RV. He isn’t happy with me right now. This came up in a call with our son last night. DS is afraid that an accident could cause us to lose everything we own if DH is driving with his vision limitations. I think it is a reasonable fear. DH really needs to take care of his vision problems because of potential liabilities if we have any sort of accident no matter what we are driving. This morning I said so. He isn’t talking right now and I can tell he’s not happy. I am not willing to take on the monthly payments he mentioned, either, don’t want the size RV he wants, and can list a dozen other issues. The liability worry is the easiest to explain and the most crucial to resolve.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

February goals:

1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Move more: cardio at least 3 days a week and strength training as soon as I am able.
    3. Water: According to an article I saw on facebook, drinking water at certain times maximizes its effectiveness for the body. I’ll work toward following these guidelines:
    * 2 glasses of water after waking up - helps activate internal organs
    * 1 glass of water 30 minutes before a meal - helps digestion
    * 1 glass of water before taking a bath - helps lower blood pressure
    * 1 glass of water before going to bed - avoids stroke or heart attack
  • bjkidfun
    bjkidfun Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Well, today is my BD, I'm celebrating by going to body pump and playing
    6 games of volleyball. My family will celebrate my day on Sunday when my dd can
    come home. And hubby has to work late tonight.

Exermom- The Y started a "choose to lose" C2L weight loss program Jan 4th
    Until the end of March, so they offered the body pump 30 min class. The majority
    of the class were couch potatoes, the instructor is now adding on minutes until
    we get to an hour.
    Brenda
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,363 Member
    Options
    Katla - a UTI is a urinary tract infection. Apparently in old people the toxins can cross the blood brain barrier, which gets thinner with age. In fact I think I'm getting one right now so will be drinking a lot of water. DH is away so wont be able to make it to the doctor til he gets back.
    Just before he set out we had a huge bolt of lightening, a crash overhead, and very heavy hail the size of small marbles. A torrent swept down our road. He wasn't best pleased at the prospect of driving through more floods !:noway: It is all quiet now. I have to keep away from the fridge. I feel shiritaki noodles coming on!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: My go to for a low calorie binge.

Love Heather in soaking Hampshire UK
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Hello to all: Nice day today, ice is melting. I am headed for the wellness center to get my exercise done. We are planning our trip to California trying to get dates etc. lined up and where we are going to stay. We are going out to celebrate my mother's 90th birthday. It is not really close but within an hour's drive so we are thinking about going to church where we were married in Alamo, CA 45 years ago this August. Trying to see if we can work that into the itinerary. My DH would like to spend a day in San Francisco but he is in no shape to walk those hills.:laugh: He would need to spend a lot of time at the wellness center between now and then if he wants to do that.

Michele - Traveling mercies.

Congratulations to whoever it was got below 300. That is awesome!

Healing angels to those who need them and congratulations to those with victories big or small. Sue in SD
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    hi
    skuehn48 - I live about 20 minutes south of Alamo CA - so it is 63 and slightly cloudy today!

Hope you enjoy your visit to CAL
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Brenda, happy birthday!

Sylvia
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday-Brenda:drinker: :drinker:
    Been walking Violet to and from school,being careful of the snow and ice,today I slipped on a sidewalk crack.Fell on my butt.Hope that`s all I did.:sad: ::explode:
    hugs
    jane
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Sunny and actually warm. Picked up and drove a friend to pick up a rental car for trip to Fl. , then she insisted on buying me lunch. Went over to Gwen's and took her to get new scripts filled and the new dosage of coumadin in the med tray; this took 3 1/2 hrs. total
    and I wonder where my days go???? She showed me more of her "bugs"---ice crystals on a frozen loaf of bread, little bits of dried milk in her fridge from the bottom of plastic milk carton........

Heather........No, I was so unimpressed with the dr..............no blood or urine labs ordered. I had thought they might admitt her to do a workup with some scans as brain cancer runs in her family.

Brenda........Happy birthday!!!

Got to run---tai chi and yoga shortly.
    Hello and Best to all.
    yanniejannie