February Walking Challenge 2014

Options
This is continued from previous Walking Challenges, but it’s nice when each month has its own thread.

*** Anyone can join in at any time. The more the merrier, let’s keep each other motivated****

Walking seems like the easiest way to start getting exercise, and even if you can't track distance (or don't want to), tracking time is good too...go for a 10 min walk after dinner, or up it to 30 minutes, you'll be amazed at the end of the month how much more exercise your getting in. :)

Check in everyday with how far you walked or how long, this is just to motivate us to get in at least some exercise every day, and keep an eye on each other.

I want to try to keep this mostly to walking or walking type exercising. Treadmills and elliptical are A-OK.

Hope to see some more faces in this challenge; we'll start tracking February 1st.

Replies

• CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    I started my month with a 3 mile Leslie Sansone workout.
  • airdiva1
    airdiva1 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! :bigsmile:
    Third month for walking 100 miles!
    Did five miles today :happy:
    Shorter month,but will get it done!!
  • doubleclick_darling
    Options
    Joined the 100 mile challenge and did a little over 5 miles today. :) Also started the Eowyn Challenge, so going to see how far through Middle Earth I get this month.
  • Tara3870
    Options
    I would like to join in on this challenge. I used to walk a few years ago around the perimeter of my local park which is 3.75 miles. I gained a lot of pounds due to stressful job and not so nice people and I want to lose at least 70lbs, but mainly I want to do it for my health. I've done it once before and I know I can do it again. I used to be 115lbs.

Once I mastered the park, I would just walk everywhere. It will be hard to start again, but I know I can do it and I am determined. I am 198 lbs. It will be slow going, but so worth it. I would increase each lap each time I went to the park. I'm really tired of carrying this weight and I've decided this year is the year I'll turn everything around again.

I wish you all good luck on your goals. Thanks for this challenge!
  • Cheesecake2015
    Options
    I started my month with a 3 mile Leslie Sansone workout.

I'm in! Also I love her videos I workout to one of Leslie's videos three times a week :smile:

Walked 3 miles today.
  • help how do I join the group
  • iamhealingmyself
    iamhealingmyself Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I will try to walk but will be dependent on my back. Had increase in pain after only 3 days at just over half a mile so I did not walk today.

For anyone who had a cell phone with GPS you can track your walks etc by using endomondo or map my walk. Both track time, distance, speed and other things and both are free for basic features.
  • skittlesnhoney
    skittlesnhoney Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I like challenges.

2/1 - 3.04 miles
  • caraherch
    Options
    Hi! I just joined MFP but I like walking, so I'm in!

Today: 25 minutes walking (elliptical+treadmill)
  • Cheesecake2015
    Options
    February 1 ~ 3 miles
    February 2 ~ 5 miles
  • abelthephotographer
    Options
    15.31 miles so far, between today and yesterday. All outdoors and averaging 13:45ish mile splits.

I got 126 miles last month. I doubt I'll do quite as well, but will be disappointed if I don't get 100 miles for the month ...
  • abelthephotographer
    Options
    Joined the 100 mile challenge and did a little over 5 miles today. :) Also started the Eowyn Challenge, so going to see how far through Middle Earth I get this month.

Where can I find this please? Someone has distances for Middle Earth?
  • louisedavies311
    louisedavies311 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I up to try walked 5miles today
  • JoanneLynn
    JoanneLynn Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Walk 369 minutes for the month!
  • dazzlesangel
    dazzlesangel Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'd like to give this a go. Yesterday I walked 2.52 miles and today I did another 3.29 miles, which in total took 152 minutes.
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    WANT2BSKINNY: You just have joined the group. The topic is February Walking Challenge and
    you are here. Just record your walking miles everyday right here.

February 1 - Biking and didn't record steps
    February 2 - Rest Day

I will continue tomorrow. :bigsmile:
  • airdiva1
    airdiva1 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Walked four miles today.
    Total for month 9 miles!
  • Millyandjack
    Options
    Feb 1 - nothing
    Feb 2 - Nothing
    Feb 3 - Walked 30 min, 3.4km (2.1 miles)

Total= 30 min 3.4km (2.1 miles)
  • tammyphillips52
    tammyphillips52 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This sounds great! At the end of my January challenge (Abs) & was looking for something with cardio involved. I have an ancient treadmill lol so I won't be able to track miles but I can go by minutes! I will be starting this today. Not sure what my over all goal for the month of February will be yet but I'm going to set a day by day goal of 30 minutes. Maybe 10 min. after each meal? I'm excited about getting started! :happy:
  • louisedavies311
    louisedavies311 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I up to try walked 5miles today

another 5 miles today my dogs are loving it