I'm a wine carafe.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Lingonberry
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    I like that many people are mocking the fruit classifications. And once again, this is something that is focused on women, not men.

Probably because there isn't a lot of variation in men's body types.

Probably because it doesn't matter.

body+types-men.jpg
    The slight differences in those body types are barely noticable and won't really have much effect on flattering clothing.

Look at an hourglass next to a "ruler" for women and you'll understand my point a little better.
    Oh, I get it. I hope you get my point.

Women are beautiful despite flattering/flattening clothing or fruit or geometry or what not. Body type, thigh gap, hip dent, bewb size, elbow dimple, whatever. Get on with it. Own it and rock it.

Oh, and ruminating peppercorn.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Watch chain.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Oh, I get it. I hope you get my point.

Women are beautiful despite flattering/flattening clothing or fruit or geometry or what not. Body type, thigh gap, hip dent, bewb size, elbow dimple, whatever. Get on with it. Own it and rock it.

I absolutely agree! But we women always feel better when we look good and most of the time that simply wearing the right clothing that is well-fitted is all it takes.
  • lexbubbles
    lexbubbles Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Rulerish apple, yeah that's a type right.

And no you are not an hourglass, that needs at least 10+ inches between waist and bust/hips and the bust and hips need to be even or within an inch of each other.

Can I go on your mean people list now please and thank.

This. At 41-31-41, I am (and always have been, at different sizes smallest being 37-27-37) an hourglass. OPs hips are too small and waist a touch big.

I would also like to be on the mean person list now.

Buying clothes is a pain, though. You may have the upper hand on this one OP.

Exactly the same measurements as I have! Buying clothes can be tough for any shape though :)

Hey body twin! In fairness I mostly have an issue with dresses on account of being 3 different sizes at once on bust/waist/hips. The 'sizing charts' always look like it's done for the more pear-shaped among us (smaller waist-bust difference and larger hips).

Also button-up shirts. No. Do not even.