Cookies taste better than skinny feels

Options

Replies

• HanamiDango
    HanamiDango Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Progress not matter how slow is progress. Being happy in life and enjoying your life is what it is about. Way to go. Congrats! ^_^
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    Oh good grief the drama kings and queens on this board.

I congratulated the OP, and like minded people, for finding what works for them. That was genuine and sincere. I also shared my view, on an OPINION board, that I don't share that perspective. For me, personally, significantly slowing down weight loss for a "love" of any food isn't worth it. I eat whatever I like, but I prefer a faster weight loss and to not have cookies every single day, or most days. I don't agree with the basic premise of the thread, that ANY food tastes better than "skinny feels", once again in light of self. Big damn deal, it was an expression of a view. Me stating my view in no way negates the OP and anyone else's view. I firmly believe in the "do what works for you" motto, hence my avatar. If slowing your fat loss goals down in order to continue a love affair with cookies (or whatever) is worth it to you, more power to you. I can dig it because cookies are pretty damn awesome. All that matters is each of our contentment with our individual roads.

Simmer down for crying out loud. One would think all those cookies would put you people in a better mood!

Its VERY sad that you needed to write this. Too many adult "children" and not enough adults on this board, in my opinion. Thank-you for this post (no sarcasm either)

It's almost as sad as coming into a person's success thread to let them know that you disagree with the entire premise of their success or supporting the person who did that while adding nothing else except an attempt to shame those who didn't appreciate that first person's statement.

But thanks for stopping by and bumping me back up.

So an opinion, on an opinion board, is not permitted unless that opinion agrees with the original opinion/premise? Maybe instead of attacking someone for their OPINION, accept the fact that people WILL disagree with you, no matter what your opinion is. There will be people who agree and disagree with anything and everything you or anyone else says. I agree with the original post I quoted as I do not believe cookies taste better then skinny feels, and that's my opinion. I am allowed my own opinion, for my own reasons. Just accept the fact that people won't agree with you and move on with your life.

It's a success thread and you sound bitter and hangry. Maybe you need some cookies.

Nah, skinny feels 10x better then cookies taste, IN MY OPINION.
    Also, OPINION BOARD. Simply said.

Success stories are not for opinions. At no point did I ask for opinions or invite opinions. There is nothin to provide an opinion on here, except that you don't like how I found my success and feel like you need to share that.

And you must eat crap cookies.

Is this a new rule that NO ONE can have an opinion on any board on this site? 'You must eat crap cookies' is a negative OPINION on a success board, and according to you and a few others, that is NOT ALLOWED. lol.

BTW, good for you for feeling better about yourself for eating cookies.

Stick a cookie in it. You'd be less bitter
  • keepongoingnmw
    keepongoingnmw Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Your story is awesome and I like your writing style.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Oh good grief the drama kings and queens on this board.

I congratulated the OP, and like minded people, for finding what works for them. That was genuine and sincere. I also shared my view, on an OPINION board, that I don't share that perspective. For me, personally, significantly slowing down weight loss for a "love" of any food isn't worth it. I eat whatever I like, but I prefer a faster weight loss and to not have cookies every single day, or most days. I don't agree with the basic premise of the thread, that ANY food tastes better than "skinny feels", once again in light of self. Big damn deal, it was an expression of a view. Me stating my view in no way negates the OP and anyone else's view. I firmly believe in the "do what works for you" motto, hence my avatar. If slowing your fat loss goals down in order to continue a love affair with cookies (or whatever) is worth it to you, more power to you. I can dig it because cookies are pretty damn awesome. All that matters is each of our contentment with our individual roads.

Simmer down for crying out loud. One would think all those cookies would put you people in a better mood!

Its VERY sad that you needed to write this. Too many adult "children" and not enough adults on this board, in my opinion. Thank-you for this post (no sarcasm either)

It's almost as sad as coming into a person's success thread to let them know that you disagree with the entire premise of their success or supporting the person who did that while adding nothing else except an attempt to shame those who didn't appreciate that first person's statement.

But thanks for stopping by and bumping me back up.

So an opinion, on an opinion board, is not permitted unless that opinion agrees with the original opinion/premise? Maybe instead of attacking someone for their OPINION, accept the fact that people WILL disagree with you, no matter what your opinion is. There will be people who agree and disagree with anything and everything you or anyone else says. I agree with the original post I quoted as I do not believe cookies taste better then skinny feels, and that's my opinion. I am allowed my own opinion, for my own reasons. Just accept the fact that people won't agree with you and move on with your life.

It's a success thread and you sound bitter and hangry. Maybe you need some cookies.

Nah, skinny feels 10x better then cookies taste, IN MY OPINION.
    Also, OPINION BOARD. Simply said.

Success stories are not for opinions. At no point did I ask for opinions or invite opinions. There is nothin to provide an opinion on here, except that you don't like how I found my success and feel like you need to share that.

And you must eat crap cookies.

Is this a new rule that NO ONE can have an opinion on any board on this site? 'You must eat crap cookies' is a negative OPINION on a success board, and according to you and a few others, that is NOT ALLOWED. lol.

BTW, good for you for feeling better about yourself for eating cookies.

I don't feel good about myself for eating cookies, I feel good because I've lost fat, retained muscle, gained strength, and achieved success while never giving up the things I enjoy or regretting a single moment along the way.
  • nbdiamond
    nbdiamond Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I had the most amazing dream about warm sugar cookies and sprinkles!
  • SolanumSunrise
    SolanumSunrise Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Slow+steady+cookies wins the race! Love your story - thank you so much for sharing!
  • dswolverine
    dswolverine Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous and i LOVE your general attitude towards this process. And amen re: cookies taste better than skinny feels haha. Sometimes you just need to eat a cookie or two (or three.....)
  • JDubIsShrinking
    JDubIsShrinking Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    This. Is. FANTASTIC!
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    This thread is entertaining and I appreciate the tongue-in-cheek spirit.

For me, no cookie is worth going back to 260lbs. I know for sure that letting cookies back into my life would lead to a slow but steady decline.

I don't mean to rain on your parade but cookies don't taste better than 138lbs feel, in my case.

I would contend that the belief that cookies would lead to a downward spiral culminating in gaining 120 pounds (regardless of everything you've learned and experienced thus far) puts you so far out of the norm that the advice or experiences of the average person aren't meant to apply to you. And that maybe you should work on your apparent issues with food and control.

Not to rain on your parade.

I don't have issues. I have choices. I choose not to eat cookies. It's really that simple.
  • Achrya
    Options
    This thread is entertaining and I appreciate the tongue-in-cheek spirit.

For me, no cookie is worth going back to 260lbs. I know for sure that letting cookies back into my life would lead to a slow but steady decline.

I don't mean to rain on your parade but cookies don't taste better than 138lbs feel, in my case.

I would contend that the belief that cookies would lead to a downward spiral culminating in gaining 120 pounds (regardless of everything you've learned and experienced thus far) puts you so far out of the norm that the advice or experiences of the average person aren't meant to apply to you. And that maybe you should work on your apparent issues with food and control.

Not to rain on your parade.

I don't have issues. I have choices. I choose not to eat cookies. It's really that simple.

The belief that one food, or any food, would cause you to gain weight doesn't seem like it gives you much choice in the matter.

But we'll just agree to disagree.
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Food per se does not make people gain weight. Habits and choices do. I don't avoid cookies. I choose not to eat them because my premise is that my weight loss of 122 lbs tastes better (because of the choices I make) than a cookie feels.

I'm not disagreeing with you nor am I trying to analyze you (as you are doing with me!). I'm just responding to your post with what works for me. It's not a pissing contest. We're all different in some ways.

Cheers!
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcShTK5P9K5eAFMVMI4qM-BV6gjwIFrURiD6Db_RbtakBa4pblD6Cw
    pinkie-pie-likes-cookies-5946_preview.gif

It looks like that cat is pooping cookies into the pony's mouth.

This made me laugh way more than I should have.

Also, cookies are awesome. And seriously OP, congratulations on your success so far, and showing that yes, people can eat the things they want and still lose. Why people feel the need to be negative about your success is beyond me. But then again, MFP is MFP. You also are super classy with your responses to the negativity, I must say.

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,104 Member
    Options
    in on 19 and I do not know why.

oh, yeah. Cookies. *nods*
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

Also, cookies are awesome. And seriously OP, congratulations on your success so far, and showing that yes, people can eat the things they want and still lose. Why people feel the need to be negative about your success is beyond me. But then again, MFP is MFP. You also are super classy with your responses to the negativity, I must say.

And now I can't see it any other way.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • MarieKoko
    Options
    Love your attitude and progress.
  • Mpol2
    Mpol2 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    OP, just wanted to come back to say I thought of you with smiles as I ate my oh so yummy chocolate cookies on Valentine's Day. Hope you had a lovely one.
  • Achrya
    Options
    Food per se does not make people gain weight. Habits and choices do. I don't avoid cookies. I choose not to eat them because my premise is that my weight loss of 122 lbs tastes better (because of the choices I make) than a cookie feels.

I'm not disagreeing with you nor am I trying to analyze you (as you are doing with me!). I'm just responding to your post with what works for me. It's not a pissing contest. We're all different in some ways.

Cheers!

So coming to someone success thread to let them know that their way doesn't work for you is acceptable (not that I ever claimed my way was the only or best way or that I made an indication that I think we're all the same/should take the same path) but making my opinion of the way you do things known is a pissing contest?

Alright.
  • Achrya
    Options

Can't. Be. Unseen.

People are very odd when it comes to moderation vs cutting things out. Odd to such a degree that they have to let you know moderation doesn't work for them, as individuals you don't know and have never met, as if you came to their house and told them they have to eat the damn cookies OR ELSE.

Which, when you consider I never said 'this way is the only way!'...Well it's strange.
  • OneImaginaryGirl
    OneImaginaryGirl Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I think I love you! I agree, cookies taste better than thin feels. When I was at my thinnest (137) I was ****ing miserable. Keep on with your bad self!
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

For myself, "dieting" became so much better when I learned that I didn't need to punish myself.

You look amazing! Those cookies look amazing! This thread is amazing! :flowerforyou:

PS: I really respect and admire you from previous threads I've seen you in and this just topped the cake. Thank you.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!