100 Pounds Gone... Again

Options

Replies

• Cookie_4
    Cookie_4 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Wow, thanks so much for sharing and reminding me to stop taking "the not so small things" foregranted! I'm so happy for you!
  • Huge congratulations ... and just so you know, I wouldn't mind looking like you in a swimsuit!!!! :)
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Great job and you look wonderful. You hit the nail on the head that weight loss will not solve all your problems... But it DOES solve some of them and gives you tools to improve some others. Even fitness and health does not solve everything but the more fit and healthy you are the more able you are to work on the other things in life that need development. May you find true happiness and discover the person that you truly want to become. :smile:
  • hortensehildegarde
    hortensehildegarde Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Great story! Thanks for sharing, and congratulations on your success and finding how to be a balanced, healthier you and not just obsessing about numbers on a scale, and for getting your hip back. I can understand why you feel like you won the lottery!
  • angelycar
    angelycar Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    What an inspiring story,you have made me more determined not to give up on this weight loss journey,thanks for sharing...
  • Rafjen
    Rafjen Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Well done. It's true losing weight won't solve all your problems. You need to do it for the right reasons.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Omg your story has brought a tear to my eye - I am at my desk at work reading your amazing story, from gaining that weight, to losing it all again - And it just makes me think.......... I really need to achieve my goals and get out there!!

Thank you xxxx
  • Expat_Mom
    Options
    You look fantastic! Congrats!
  • qstneverything
    qstneverything Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    This really hit home, I was always the chubby kid in school, I lost it all and looked awesome, but became self obsessed and karma kicked my *kitten* and I put it all back on.

You've given me motivation to lose it all again! Thank you!
  • mamasgonnalose
    Options
    Well done you, your story is incredibly inspiring! It is so true but a hard lesson to learn that being thin is not everything and it won't solve all your problems. It is actually a bit crazy that so many overweight people think that, I know I did for a long time. Being thin (especially for women) is a way to measure your worth and it is so wrong!
  • jjcottrell
    jjcottrell Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is a fabulous story about your journey and I love how open and honest you are about every step of it. I am a dietitian and I am a "junkie" for success stories...and yours rocks!

I have been reading "Failing Forward" and your journey is definitely that! You made progress, then slipped up, had to regroup and learn from your mistakes, and then push forward again. YOU were never a failure, it was your plan that failed...so you revised it. You didn't let it defeat you.

Studies show that success in maintaining weight loss is better achieved by those who have made multiple attempts. Every time you make an attempt, you learn things about yourself. You learned that being hyper-focused on it is not who you are...it sorta bummed you out after that first round. And you got an injury, which happens to many people when they go at it too hard. You are in a much better place now, it seems. And you can appreciate what you have achieved by just being consistent at making better choices.

Bravo!!!

I have a friend who is in the boat you were in at the beginning. I want to share your story with her. She needs some inspiration right now.

Thanks for sharing this!!
  • lachick_1964
    Options
    I really enjoyed your post! Great Job!!
  • StephnElbow
    StephnElbow Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    this is an amazing story.
    I have a similar one. I did not lose 100lbs, more like 30 but I have put it all back on and am trying again to lose it.
    I will take your advice
  • Bops1976
    Bops1976 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I never comment on posts but must say a huge "Congratulations!" I have been very thin and very fat, in both body types I still hated myself thinking I was fat/ugly/worthless etc. I think when I was thin I didn't realise how good I looked and just wasted those years being miserable!

It really is all in the mind, once you can truly believe you deserve to be healthy and happy the changes can happen. Well done and all the best for your future.
  • staceytempest
    Options
    such an amazing achievement! to lose 100pounds once is astonishing. to lose it twice is fantastic! and even more so with such a positive change in your state of mind and self esteem. really well done! :)
  • sun_fish
    sun_fish Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    What a great story, thank you for sharing. Congratulations, not only on your weight loss, but your change in how you see yourself and your attitude. :flowerforyou:
  • docdick9120
    docdick9120 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    My regain is 55 lbs but I feel how you felt mentally. I'll try using your logic about it and just let (make) it happen. I've lot 5 and feel like I'm off to a start, at least. How about friending me and helping me along?
  • Trishskee
    Trishskee Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Amazing! What a great transformation!
  • SarahMarieYates
    SarahMarieYates Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Amazing determination! Great job!
  • Sporin71
    Sporin71 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story, very inspiring!

I'm trying to do what you did. I lost 100lbs on WW about 11 years ago (right after my son was born). I was obsessed, there were many times that I was a real self-centered jerk about "my time" about getting my exercise in even if it meant ignoring my young family, etc. That attitude was wrong, and unsustainable. And eventually I shifted, and I started gaining back the weight. It took 5 or 6 years but I was eventually back to where I started. I consider it my greatest personal failure, and I think that failure "kept" me self-destructively eating for the next number of years.

Recently, I've started again, having reached a scale number that was utterly atrocious and scary. Joined the local Rec, exercising almost every day, lifting weights for the first time since College (nearly 20 years ago), and using mFp to track. A big motivation is my sports-obsessed son, being a good role model and able to run and play ball with him. I'm almost 43, my knees are shot, and it's now or never.

Things are really going well. Something in my brain is firing correctly now and I'm feeling very strong, and willful about my health.... but with a balance that I didn't have before. I'm hoping this leads to not only goal success, but a lifetime of healthier living physically and mentally.

Thanks again for sharing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!