Guys, do you like it when the woman makes the first move?

Options
aloranger7708
aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
Just as the title states.

And by "first move," I mean, asking you to hang out/go out.

And women (if you want to play, too!): Have you ever made the first move? And how did you go about it?

Replies

• lexcoulstring
    lexcoulstring Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Yes. but its rare. So its been custom to be the the first to make a move. So it can come as a surprise
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Options
    Sure, why not. As long as some one is making the moves.
  • Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    I do not let it "hang out" until we get to know each other first. Or she buys me a six pack.

What can I say, I have my standards.

And to answer the OP, yes, considering I was pretty shy around women.
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    yes because i'm to shy
  • BillyJan1992
    BillyJan1992 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    occasionally but not always
  • morehealthymatt
    morehealthymatt Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Not only make the first move, but actually tell me, "Hey dummy, I'm putting the moves on you!"

I'm so dense when it comes to picking up those types of clues/hints. If a girl was naked in front of me, the first thing i'd do is ask her if she needs help with finding her clothes. Yikes!!
  • seliinac
    seliinac Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I made the first move. I just asked him if he would like to go out sometime. And he said yes. Now we're married!

I try to convince other women to make the first move if they like someone but most are too scared.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    yes, of course.

it's just as flattering to guys as it is to women.
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Not only make the first move, but actually tell me, "Hey dummy, I'm putting the moves on you!"

I'm so dense when it comes to picking up those types of clues/hints. If a girl was naked in front of me, the first thing i'd do is ask her if she needs help with finding her clothes. Yikes!!

lol you sound like me. i clue in couple hrs later oh she was hitting on me. then get shot down because there mad. i've done it more then a few time in my life.
  • lexcoulstring
    lexcoulstring Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Do women not make the first move because 1) They are scared or 2) They believe (or custom) to feel its the guys job?

I remember when I was a kid that if I wanted a date to the school dance it was me to go ask a girl and it seemed to be that way up my whole life
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    I have almost always made the first move. Unfortunate, now that I think about it.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, yes.
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Do women not make the first move because 1) They are scared or 2) They believe (or custom) to feel its the guys job?

I remember when I was a kid that if I wanted a date to the school dance it was me to go ask a girl and it seemed to be that way up my whole life

1)
  • Pinkee33
    Pinkee33 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Not one to make the first move myself... Cringes @ thought of rejection ????????
  • HDHogger
    HDHogger Posts: 764
    Options
    I don't know, I've always made the first move. I would think a woman who makes the first move would probably be more dominant than me and I prefer control over being submissive.
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    I love it when a woman does. It displays confidence and shows they aren't scared. Huge huge turn on
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Options
    I have always made the first move except one time when I put some one in the friend zone. Finally she made the move and I dated and got married 4 years later.
  • ElayeRoss
    ElayeRoss Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I tried this twice in the last year. I'm losing weight and getting more confident, etc. I was pretty much rejected both times (these men weren't strangers-I really thought the attraction was mutual or I wouldn't have taken the chance). So it is pretty much mortifying and did NOT feel great. I really do feel for men in the fact that they are usually the ones having to put themselves out there and take that gamble.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    I love it when a woman does. It displays confidence and shows they aren't scared. Huge huge turn on

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What every girl looks for!
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What every girl looks for!

What this guy <
    looks for