Guys, do you like it when the woman makes the first move?

Options

Replies

• HermioneCantDraw
    Options
    I never have... Its odd. I'm pretty extroverted and don't have much shy in me at all... but for some reason, I've never been able to bring myself to actually make the first move.

I've been known to drop some pretty blatant hints though...
  • PatheticNoetic
    PatheticNoetic Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    I've asked out a guy before and been shot down.
    Ah well.
  • krawhitham
    krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    My bf says I "made eyes" at him while we were both out dancing (separately) and that's why he came over to me and asked me to dance with him. I DO NOT remember "making eyes" at him but I'm glad he came over, so HE says he's glad I made the first move, and I say I'm glad he did!
  • daybehavior
    daybehavior Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I think this way is what make lasting relationships. IMO Call me old fashioned, the man takes the woman!
    it would be a turn on and show confidence in a woman.if she made the first move.

Make up your mind, dude :ohwell:
  • RECowgill
    RECowgill Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Ah well.

Sounds like a real fluke to me. With your looks? Maybe he was gay, or celibate. Perhaps recently lobotomized. ;)
  • PatheticNoetic
    PatheticNoetic Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Ah well.

Sounds like a real fluke to me. With your looks? Maybe he was gay, or celibate. Perhaps recently lobotomized. ;)

While I appreciate the sentiment- You can't judge a book by it's cover. I'm really underwhelming in person.
    :happy:
  • silversociety
    silversociety Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Ideal situation is when the girl drops hints that she's interested and then waits for the guy to actually try and set up the first date. Now in the day of internet dating though, I think it's safe to say anything goes.
  • KrysBlaze
    KrysBlaze Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I have in the past, but I have found that I don't like the guys in the end because they seem weak overall. Some women like wearing the pants, so if he's "scared" to say anything & you like dominating go for it. However, if you want a man, then let him be one and make the "first move".

I used quotation marks because let's face it, we usually do so much laughing at lame jokes & hair twirling its ridiculous.
  • KrysBlaze
    KrysBlaze Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Ideal situation is when the girl drops hints that she's interested and then waits for the guy to actually try and set up the first date.

^^^co-sign
  • palmerdanielle
    palmerdanielle Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I'd say I've definitely made the first move more often than the other way around, it's awesome though when it's more mutual. I haven't had a lot of experience with rejection but it's happened (I have to be pretty sure they're into me before I make a move) but turning someone down feels about as bad as being the one being rejected too sometimes. I think it's worth taking a chance though and it's nice when guys make the move, but I don't really have a problem doing it either.
  • HDHogger
    HDHogger Posts: 764
    Options
    I think this way is what make lasting relationships. IMO Call me old fashioned, the man takes the woman!
    it would be a turn on and show confidence in a woman.if she made the first move.

You can't comprehend like a lot of people here, dude. I believe the man takes the woman but it would be a turn on and show \confidence in a woman if she make the first move. Two completely different things. Read before you start throwing fire, dude.
  • daybehavior
    daybehavior Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options

You can't comprehend like a lot of people here, dude. I believe the man takes the woman but it would be a turn on and show \confidence in a woman if she make the first move. Two completely different things. Read before you start throwing fire, dude.

Actually, you first said you prefer to be in control rather than be submissive...then you backpedaled. Whatever, dude. :ohwell:
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    If I am attracted to her, sure why not.

If I am not attracted to her sure why not...as in away, interstate, overseas etc.

ETA: Second line was obviously a joke. Honestly who cares its 2014 not 1914 will the next thread be about if women can wear pants or vote.
  • bd0027
    bd0027 Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I tried and got rejected.

It was fun even though it bruised my ego lol.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Women are the gatekeepers guys, they always make the first move, we are just too stupid to notice it. I guess I am old old school, a woman extends her hand to the man, she is inviting him into her space. Now, in today's society, I guess, it does not matter.

Yes, I like the woman to make the first overt move to let me know it's ok to approach her. It's just too bad I so oblivious, that they have to carry a baseball bat.
    Well I wouldn't say always but this was a pretty damn insightful reply. I don't usually buy into blanket statements but the amount of times I have heard of women talk of men not picking up on their signals, hints etc lend credence to this reply
  • jennyjcss
    jennyjcss Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Guys..to say You are shy..Some may see that as an opportunity to tackle you seeing you are quite a fascination to look at.

Answer to OP: I see what I like, I chat how I want it to be...how it hit off ,that will all depend on how the other party react to me. Take it or Leave it..thats my answer
  • moya_rargh
    moya_rargh Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    Ah well.

We have to spend our whole lives being shot down, sometimes politely, sometimes abusively and profanely. Why would anybody want to risk that?
  • drapisking
    drapisking Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Of course I like it when she makes the first move, saves me a lot of trouble.
  • golfmanwl
    Options
    To original post: Yes, like it.
    Always nice to feel wanted.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Yes I do. I'm shy and clueless when it comes to the signals women put out. I miss them or assume she is just being friendly and not interested in that way.