Guys, do you like it when the woman makes the first move?

Options

Replies

• heylookitsval
    heylookitsval Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    Yes I make the first move at times, can't wait around for it to happen.
  • PtheronJr
    PtheronJr Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I always liked assertive women, so the fact that a woman is willing to reject social norms to go after something she wants is always incredibly attractive to me. So yeah, I love it.
  • weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options
    Ha...I make a first move and the guy always starts chatting up my hot married friend...I'm like duh...you ain't getting anywhere...His loss!
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options

Gotta go for what u want. If u wait it may pass
  • trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Love it. Major turn on.

And also a necessity.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I have, I'm not the most patient of people. I also am direct and don't like to play games. If I'm interested, I have no problem making a move.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    I dont mind making the first move in terms of coming up and saying hi and starting a conversation, but from , no im not asking a guy out. If he can't meet me half way then im certainly not going to chase.
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Options
    Most women take rejection more personal, guys don't take it too hard and tend to move on.
  • RECowgill
    RECowgill Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Yes. Don't make this complicated guys. Simply, yes.
  • aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    Options

This is what I'm afraid of, but I also don't want to make a move too soon. I've only known this guy for a month.
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options

This is what I'm afraid of, but I also don't want to make a move too soon. I've only known this guy for a month.

Never live life with the "what if" factor. Take a chance
  • heylookitsval
    heylookitsval Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options

What's the worst that can happen? he's not into you?
  • emirror
    emirror Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    It usually end up being mutual interest is shown, and when it becomes obvious, then plans are made to get together again. Meeting people tends to happen when I'm doing something in a social situation, not just someone walking up to me for no real reason.

I only approached a stranger once... I saw him from across the room. I had been out dancing, and he was standing with all his buddies (a bunch of them, around 8 maybe?) by the dance floor. It was country dancing, and the 2-step is easy, and he had been staring at me, so I went over and asked him to dance. He declined. I was shocked. His buddies were shocked. I leaned in and asked him if he was really going to make me turn tail and walk away. He said he wasn't a good dancer. I shrugged and walked away, turning back to look just in time to see several of his friends slug his arm, point at me, and look like WTF. He came and found me later and asked me out to dinner.

But, man, walking away sucked.
  • lmhbuss
    lmhbuss Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I have a few times in the past......loooooong ago when I was single. It almost always worked out well! There was this one jacked up time when he said he'd love to go out, let me take him out to dinner and drinks....and then the whole time we were both super awkward and had nothing in common...and that was the end of that. However, if YOU ask HIM out, do come prepared to pay for the evening. If he offers to pay, let him pay for dessert afterwards somewhere or parking or whatever....but do NOT expect him to pay if you did the inviting. If all goes well, he can catch the next round. :happy:
  • RECowgill
    RECowgill Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    It usually end up being mutual interest is shown, and when it becomes obvious, then plans are made to get together again. Meeting people tends to happen when I'm doing something in a social situation, not just someone walking up to me for no real reason.

I only approached a stranger once... I saw him from across the room. I had been out dancing, and he was standing with all his buddies (a bunch of them, around 8 maybe?) by the dance floor. It was country dancing, and the 2-step is easy, and he had been staring at me, so I went over and asked him to dance. He declined. I was shocked. His buddies were shocked. I leaned in and asked him if he was really going to make me turn tail and walk away. He said he wasn't a good dancer. I shrugged and walked away, turning back to look just in time to see several of his friends slug his arm, point at me, and look like WTF. He came and found me later and asked me out to dinner.

But, man, walking away sucked.

I would've jumped in. I'll dance with you! Even if you said no it would've been fine. ;)
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options

Have you been flirting with him or giving any indication you're interested? In any case, why not just ask him out for a coffee or to a happy hour?
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    No, I've never asked a guy out.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    Honestly, no. Subtlety is a wonderful thing.
  • aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    Options

Have you been flirting with him or giving any indication you're interested? In any case, why not just ask him out for a coffee or to a happy hour?

We talk almost every day, whether its a simple conversation or it goes deeper (his father has cancer and we talk about that). There is flirtation, and he always seems relaxed and happy to see me. The other day at the gym he came over to me a few times to talk or ask a silly question. But he has my number and never texts/calls. So I don't know....
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I don't generally ask guys out, but I do make it perfectly clear that I would say yes if they asked me out. I have done it a couple of times. No big deal.