A Year Later - 158 Pounds gone!

Options
mikemsu
mikemsu Posts: 77 Member
Feb. 5, 2013 was the official beginning of my journey to new health when I quit drinking diet pop and began drinking ONLY water. Weighing in at 375 lbs. and having a huge list of health issues, I looked at my recent photo with my new granddaughter and made the commitment to change. I began dropping weight immediately just from quitting pop which I believe was causing some of my health issues.

March 6, 2013 was when I made the best decision of this journey … joining MyFitnessPal. I could not have achieved the results I did without this site. I learned, I logged EVERY day, I read labels, I weighed and measured food, I made good food choices, I followed my goals each day and logged foods honestly. I exercised every day, increasing the level as I could. I also began weight training which has been instrumental in helping reduce my skin along the way. The results were far beyond what I could have ever imagined.

I no longer have sleep apnea. My blood pressure is normal without pills. I no longer have arthritis or pain which previously racked my body everywhere. Even my bone-on-bone knees (which will at some point need replacements) don’t hurt at all.

At 56 years of age, life is amazing and looking bright for the future. It was well worth the hard work along the way to get where I am. I hope this helps inspire just one person to decide that they are worth a new health journey as well. Special thanks to my MFP friends for their support along the way!

The photos show my progress along the way along and a current pic. I also recently achieved one of my goals by going downhill skiing for the first time in 30 years! It felt incredible.

W9DryhF.jpg?1

e794P8o.jpg

RejoFWD.jpg?1

Replies

• _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Wow! Congratulations!
  • KayTay612
    KayTay612 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Stories like yours are what keep me encouraged and on this path to a healthy lifestyle!
  • alltheweigh170
    alltheweigh170 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Congrats...people like you are inspiration!
  • MissSarahAllison315
    Options
    Wow. Just amazing!!!! :)
  • fastfoodietofitcutie
    Options
    Congratulations, you look amazing! You should be proud of all the hard work. Thank you for posting, I needed the extra inspiration today. I'm struggling with an undeserved gain this week but instead of giving up I'm going to stay on track!
  • jcputerbaugh
    jcputerbaugh Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You also look 20 years younger!
  • Bonella
    Bonella Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Congratulations on your new body, new health, and new outlook on life :drinker:
  • BlueTamG
    Options
    WOW WEEEEEEE You look fabulous. You must be extremely proud of yourself. I only joined 3 days ago and was looking of the forum for inspiration., and I found it. Thank you are simply inspirational. Now I know I CAN DO THIS!!
  • Sharbear73
    Sharbear73 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, fantastic. Incredible, you look amazing and so much younger!!
  • LynndaMaree
    LynndaMaree Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Just awesome. There is hope for me. Congratulations!
  • jclist1
    jclist1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your amazing progress and transformation. You are an inspiration to many!
  • amyford25
    amyford25 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for sharing, congrats on your new healthy life! :flowerforyou:
  • rworton
    Options
    Excellent Job!!!
  • ajh2011
    ajh2011 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is amazing! You look awesome! Thanks for sharing your story, it is so inspirational. I am happy that you will continue to live a healthy life and get to spend it with that beautiful granddaughter:)
  • HermioneDanger118
    HermioneDanger118 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! I'm sure your granddaughter will love being able to run around with her grandpa, too!
  • DMicheleC
    DMicheleC Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Well done, you look amazing and I bet your health is so much better now. You are definitely a winner in this game!
  • harley_rose
    Options
    You look incredible, you should be so proud of yourself. Think of the years you added to your life to be with your grand baby.. congrats
  • PAnn1
    PAnn1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    ALL OF THE ABOVE COMMENTS!!! I don't know you, but I am PROUD of you!! Thanks for posting this today and showing others that it can be done and it won't kill you doing it! I know the feeling of success on this journey and I know how much better we look and feel. Congratulations and best wishes on your continued journey thru life!
  • missafan202
    missafan202 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Damn!Thats amazing.
  • fsucrack
    fsucrack Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    You look like a completely different person!! Keep up the great work
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!