tattoo argument with spouse

Options

Replies

• nutellabrah
    Options
    Narcissism is a thousand times more sexy than feminism.

Just saying.

50 Shades of Grey anyone ;)
  • mr_rat
    mr_rat Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Listen to your husband and hopefully he will be your only one.

Quote of the day right there!! Oh my goodness how pathetic!!

Pathetic?? No not pathetic. I listen to my wife and she listens to me. She just said listen she never said OBEY. Frankly the fact that you think that's pathetic, really kind of makes you pathetic. I mean seriously it is her opinion and we make fun of her for it and twist her words? Now that's sad
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    I've been getting tattoos since I was 19, and will be getting my next one down my hip as soon as I hit my weight goal.

1) I dare any man woman or child to judge me for how I decorate my body, which is my temple.. and temples have art. I'm already a pagan, so what else can they say about me?
    2) Don't listen to what your husband has to say, because you only have one life and you'd better live it!
    3) Tattoos are more of the norm now. I'm a librarian at a university and I have one large tattoo on my forearm. My boss is always asking what I'm thinking about getting next.

The problem with society is just because they don't want or don't believe in something, they think that everyone else should follow their lead.. which just isn't true at all.

yeah have an awesome life.

feeding-130-cats-o.gif

You used that one already. Now you're not only boring, but repetitive.
  • nutellabrah
    Options
    I've been getting tattoos since I was 19, and will be getting my next one down my hip as soon as I hit my weight goal.

1) I dare any man woman or child to judge me for how I decorate my body, which is my temple.. and temples have art. I'm already a pagan, so what else can they say about me?
    2) Don't listen to what your husband has to say, because you only have one life and you'd better live it!
    3) Tattoos are more of the norm now. I'm a librarian at a university and I have one large tattoo on my forearm. My boss is always asking what I'm thinking about getting next.

The problem with society is just because they don't want or don't believe in something, they think that everyone else should follow their lead.. which just isn't true at all.

yeah have an awesome life.

feeding-130-cats-o.gif

You used that one already. Now you're not only boring, but repetitive.

Nah, this is a different one. A sadder even more chaotic finale.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Just saying.

So is this confirmation of the earlier hypothesis or is he just playing games with us?
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    he needs to keep his mouth shut!
  • Oscarinmiami
    Oscarinmiami Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I don't like tattoos so i wouldn't get one, i don't like the idea of a permanent mark on my body. But if my wife wanted to get one that was only visible to me then i wouldn't mind, but i wouldn't want her to get one on her arm or chest, or anything like that so i do understand what your husband is saying.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options

I think its funny how that same comment represents the fact that the world is too big and complicated for most of you to synthesize as a whole in real time.

Which goes back to the original comment:

Faaaaaaark, not only do I have to be a doe-eyed little love slave, now I have the synthesise entire WORLDS? I'm gonna need a chemistry degree and a MUCH bigger bathtub, girls.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I'm of course older than most people on here and have a different view on tats probably because they were unheard of from my generation. People my age with tats usually were "Bikers" and they were basically considered to be a low form of life. I hae a bike but I'm not a "Biker" as far as that definition goes.
    Tats aren't art as far as I'm concerned and It take a certain person to wear one. They are a form of defiling the body. Having ink injected into your skin is permanent unless you get surgery and after surgery there is still an are where the tat was the doesn't look like natural skin. Not judging people who get tats. Be very sure you know what you want and know where you want it put. That's just my opinion.

Wow.. Just wow.
  • just_Jennie1
    Options

Just saying.

Yeah, sorry but didn't read the series. Can you give me the readers digest condensed version since it's painfully obvious that you did (and that you think his tactics actually work)? I bet your copies are all dog-eared and highlighted with notes written in the margins.
  • bgoldstein05
    Options
    getting a tattoo is only life changing if you get it all over your face lol which I really would not advise.

tattoos are just art or things special to a person.......my life hasn't changed....and when I do wear something that people can see it, all I get is compliments from people at work and in the public.

Exactly. As a career professional, I only have one tattoo that is visible on my wrist. (I have six on my body including an entire lower body back piece) I never point it out but i wear a few bracelets so that it doesn't become distracting to other people.

I believe tattoos are artwork. I also believe that a respectable conversation between a husband and wife can be had.

FInd out what is really bothering him about the tattoo. I'm sure it is not the fact that it is a tattoo but maybe what you are getting?
  • SoLongAndThanksForAllTheFish
    Options

The funny thing is though:

1) People do judge you all the time, whether you dare them to or not, whether they know it or not. You are put in a different category automatically in many peoples minds even without them thinking. There is no "dare" to it.
    2) You can take that attitude with your significant other, but that does show how much you respect them. If there is no respect, its not a very good/strong relationship. I'd certainly consider my significant other's opinion over all others, maybe I wouldn't end up following it, but it would certainly be one of the highest priorities.
    3) Yes, tattoos are very common now. This is another reason many dislike them, it shows you are "just another one", common. The reverse of the "special" many think they are getting when they get one.

You seem to think you are a "rebel" with this statement, but you are actually now following what "popular culture" says you should do by getting one, and are actually now the one imposing your beliefs on what others should and shouldn't think or do. Ironic. Tattoos are not "rebel" territory anymore really at all, the old stereotypical overweight computer nerd now is more likely than not to have one...

But sure, after dispelling these myths, and the shoulda/woulda/coulda stuff from the tattoo loving people out of your head, get one if its still your heart's desire.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options

Just saying.

Yeah, sorry but didn't read the series. Can you give me the readers digest condensed version since it's painfully obvious that you did (and that you think his tactics actually work)? I bet your copies are all dog-eared and highlighted with notes written in the margins.

Maybe some pages stuck together.
  • nutellabrah
    Options

I think its funny how that same comment represents the fact that the world is too big and complicated for most of you to synthesize as a whole in real time.

Faaaaaaark, not only do I have to be a doe-eyed little love slave, now I have the synthesise entire WORLDS? I'm gonna need a chemistry degree and a MUCH bigger bathtub, girls.

I never said doe-eyed little love slave.

Thats your freakish insecurities that make you take it to such an extreme level of queerness in your mind.

Its like its either your self-centered way or a gross-over-dramatization/over-reaction to what a normal healthy relationship is like.
  • nutellabrah
    Options

The funny thing is though:

1) People do judge you all the time, whether you dare them to or not, whether they know it or not. You are put in a different category automatically in many peoples minds even without them thinking. There is no "dare" to it.
    2) You can take that attitude with your significant other, but that does show how much you respect them. If there is no respect, its not a very good/strong relationship. I'd certainly consider my significant other's opinion over all others, maybe I wouldn't end up following it, but it would certainly be one of the highest priorities.
    3) Yes, tattoos are very common now. This is another reason many dislike them, it shows you are "just another one", common. The reverse of the "special" many think they are getting when they get one.

You seem to think you are a "rebel" with this statement, but you are actually now following what "popular culture" says you should do by getting one, and are actually now the one imposing your beliefs on what others should and shouldn't think or do. Ironic. Tattoos are not "rebel" territory anymore really at all, the old stereotypical overweight computer nerd now is more likely than not to have one...

But sure, after dispelling these myths, and the shoulda/woulda/coulda stuff from the tattoo loving people out of your head, get one if its still your heart's desire.

Holy **** I don't need to post actual rebuttals anymore, this person has it on lock.

Love it.

Will rescind back to using people's own cheap snark tactics against them since thats all they know how to communicate anymore.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

Just saying.

Some people really ARE into the whole submissive/dominant rolls thing. I try not to judge. But yeah, those books never really appealed to me.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

I never said doe-eyed little love slave.

Thats your freakish insecurities that make you take it to such an extreme level of queerness in your mind.

Its like its either your self-centered way or a gross-over-dramatization/over-reaction to what a normal healthy relationship is like.
    You keep saying we don't kow what love is and insinuating that we will all be "forever alone" due to our attitudes. But you are, admittedly, single, while most of the women to whom your comments are directed are in long-term, committed and loving relationships.

You might want to open that dictionary and look up the word "ironic."
  • nutellabrah
    Options

Just saying.

Hint it was a blockbuster best seller, all the women loved it, the main character was a narcissist.

Care to name a popular feminist hero everyone loves and gets them horny?

Pls don't say Adele.
  • Amazonbella
    Options
    My Life Motto has always been: LIVE FOR ME, I don't ask people what I can or can't do with my body.

I love all 14 tattoo's that I have, and each has a special or specific meaning to ME, no one has to "get them" or "understand" them, because they are for myself and how I like to personally look.

Now all that said, I probably wouldn't randomly go get one when I am drunk! just sayin' :)
  • just_Jennie1
    Options

Just saying.

Some people really ARE into the whole submissive/dominant rolls thing. I try not to judge. But yeah, those books never really appealed to me.

Oh I know there's a lifestyle around it but those books are NOT what it's really about. I'd love to see him meet someone that is actually in the BDSM lifestyle and make him their b*tch.