tattoo argument with spouse

Options

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Narcissism is a thousand times more sexy than feminism.

Just saying.

50 Shades of Grey anyone ;)

Yeah, sorry but didn't read the series. Can you give me the readers digest condensed version since it's painfully obvious that you did (and that you think his tactics actually work)? I bet your copies are all dog-eared and highlighted with notes written in the margins.

Maybe some pages stuck together.

Some people really ARE into the whole submissive/dominant rolls thing. I try not to judge. But yeah, those books never really appealed to me.
    Yes, but that is NOT the problem with 50 Shades of Grey.

I highly recommend you take a look at jennytrout.com and her wonderful breakdown of those books, chapter by chapter.
  • grubb1019
    grubb1019 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I think those who are saying, don't listen to your husband, he can't tell you what to do are wrong. No, he shouldn't be telling you what to do, but you do need to listen. And he needs to listen to you. That is why the divorce rate is so high in this country, everyone is so self centered. He shouldn't demand that you not get one, but you should both have a rational discussion where you consider each others opinions and feelings. My husband doesn't like tattoos either, but we have agreed that when I hit my goal weight that I will get a tat on my foot that says "walk by faith". Maybe there is a compromise you can come to that will make both of you happy.
  • rml_16
    Options

Just saying.

Yeah, sorry but didn't read the series. Can you give me the readers digest condensed version since it's painfully obvious that you did (and that you think his tactics actually work)? I bet your copies are all dog-eared and highlighted with notes written in the margins.

Hint it was a blockbuster best seller, all the women loved it, the main character was a narcissist.

Care to name a popular feminist hero everyone loves and gets them horny?

Pls don't say Adele.

Dictionary time again! Look up "all" and "everyone."
  • nutellabrah
    Options

Just saying.

Some people really ARE into the whole submissive/dominant rolls thing. I try not to judge. But yeah, those books never really appealed to me.

Its not just SOME people sweetie.

You're an anomaly in civilization. I can't believe the pride makes you blind to that fact. Such warped senses of reality.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options

I think its funny how that same comment represents the fact that the world is too big and complicated for most of you to synthesize as a whole in real time.

Which goes back to the original comment:
    Listen to your husband and hopefully he will be your only one.

Faaaaaaark, not only do I have to be a doe-eyed little love slave, now I have the synthesise entire WORLDS? I'm gonna need a chemistry degree and a MUCH bigger bathtub, girls.

I never said doe-eyed little love slave.

Thats your freakish insecurities that make you take it to such an extreme level of queerness in your mind.

Its like its either your self-centered way or a gross-over-dramatization/over-reaction to what a normal healthy relationship is like.

I have a wonderful relationship, ta! tryhardtroll/10.

Most of these women you're attempting to troll are in relationships. With actual live human beings, not a mirror or their Instagram account.

If you're so 10/10 Zyzz-worthy and aesthetic as fark, why no gf? Is it because maybe you're a little insecure and feel the need to deflect it onto others? You might feel better if you worked legs. You know. Just once.
  • rml_16
    Options

Just saying.

You're an anomaly in civilization.

Now look up "some."

Geez! You don't even know what small words mean. I guess we can't be surprised you misuse the big ones.
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    Here's my $0.02. I would at least advise to hear out your husband and consider how he feels. If the shoe were on the other foot would you hear him out on it. Take that into consideration when making your decision.

Bottom line... it is your body, do what will make you happy. But also in doing so will it make your husband angry, then aggravating you and making you unhappy. I think he will get used to it as long as it is not too drastic.
  • just_Jennie1
    Options

Just saying.

Hint it was a blockbuster best seller, all the women loved it, the main character was a narcissist.

Pls don't say Adele.

Hint: It was a Twilight Fanfic rip-off. I skimmed through the first one. Nothing in there was shocking. In fact I found it very vanilla and quite boring.

My typical weekend is way hotter than anything written in that book and the sex scenes in the novel I just finished writing would make your head spin.

If you think that's the epitome of good writing than you really have a lot to learn.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    lol so supposedly:::

the bitter, brittle, self-centered, insecure women get all the action.

And me the passionate 10/10 fitness model with a degree and fame status never gets any girls...

And big words are bad, snark wins. Lol at refusing to debate about things I got out of sociology books in college.

Who told you you were a 10/10? I'm not insecure, I've been married for 24 years, perfecty happy. I've got 2 degrees, and I took sociology in college also.

You aren't better than anyone here, and your continual use of big words you don't understand, and concepts you don't understand, and talking about your accomplishments, according to my psychology courses in college, prove your insecurity.

How is anything I said not perfectly congruent?

I think you are just confused by the depth implied in my comments, not that they are not true.

Again, if it was so wrong what I said, show me the parts where I said a word that meant something other than what I said.

Instead you just keep arguing like a child, scoffing at everything I say. The more I express depth, the more you try to run away with some cheap tactic.

If you consider my posts in this whole thread one big essay, it all make perfect sense.

If you disagree, name something that was incorrect then or back off with the immaturity.

Congruent:
    The same shape and size.

Two shapes are congruent if you can Turn, Flip and/or Slide one so it fits exactly on the other.

I also corrected him on his improper pronoun usage, but he likely has me on ignore.
  • determinedbutlazy
    Options

Just saying.

Pls don't say Adele.

Try reading an actual book about SM relationships and sexual psychology like the frankly wonderful SM101 by Jay Wiseman.
    I didn't read 50 Shades of Gray because I was too busy having actual sex. And training legs.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

Just saying.

Pls don't say Adele.

I've actually been reading the Outlander series, somewhat popular with women (they are making a series of it for Starz). The lead woman could be described as a "feminist" and the lead man still very much fits the definition of an "alpha male". I'd definitely recommend them. The sex scenes aren't really that groundbreaking or graphic but it's the background story is interesting and it's a great love story.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    I think everyone is failing to recognize what is happening here. Nutella fella is a troll, nothing he says is real life. He seeks negative attention because as I stated earlier he has the same mentality of my 6 year old child. (Feels sad and insignificant because he isn't the center of attention so he seeks out negative attention) The more we engage him, the more he wins (because that is how 6 year olds define winning). If we all ignore him and do not engage in his shenannigans maybe, just maybe he will go away. Just a thought.
    We all recognize what he is.

If you read up a bit we discussed whether we should ignore him or play with him. I'm waiting for people at work to get things together and in the meantime, I'm bored and this passes the time.

I'm terribly amused. I take none of this seriously.

I have taken on an extremely boring task so this is keeping me awake and entertained.

I am sitting in a hospital waiting room as I have been all day.sigh.
  • nutellabrah
    Options
    My Life Motto has always been: LIVE FOR ME, I don't ask people what I can or can't do with my body.

I love all 14 tattoo's that I have, and each has a special or specific meaning to ME, no one has to "get them" or "understand" them, because they are for myself and how I like to personally look.

Now all that said, I probably wouldn't randomly go get one when I am drunk! just sayin' :)

ITT

1) Girls defending LIVE FOR ME as their motto

2) Ppl attack me for being self-centered narcissist
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

Just saying.

You're an anomaly in civilization. I can't believe the pride makes you blind to that fact. Such warped senses of reality.

If I were an actual anomaly in civilization (although the word "society" would fit better here) I would be proud of it. But no, I believe there are plenty of women who love and respect their husbands and enjoy sex and their relationships when the rolls of each spouse are more or less balanced.
  • KariQuiteContrary
    KariQuiteContrary Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I love body-defilement! Sign me up for more. Getting my next on Saturday, actually. All mine are in hidden locations, due to work, but I love them anyway. My husband wasn't a fan of me having tattoos, even though he has three himself. I just figure, my body, my choice. No regrets, and I've had my first one since I was 17.
    I've seen so many say Tats are hot and in the same sentence they are hidden for work or just hidden. I don't know why work would be a reason to hide a tat if it's an accepted form of art.

For your information, many art forms (not just body art) have had historical instances when they had to be hidden because of societal constraints. That DOES NOT negate it as an art form.

We hide them because of people who insist on judging a person by their appearance rather than WHO THEY ARE. I do not hold it against you or anyone else that does not have tattoos and doesn't want them. It's a personal choice. Nor do I assume that if you don't have any you are a close-minded individual (unless of course they prove themselves one) so long as they do me the courtesy of not using my body art to assume what kind of person I am.

I am a teacher. I have 6 tattoos. I LOVE tattoos and consider them an art form. I choose to get them in places not likely to be readily visible because generally superintendents and those who do the hiring in my very conservative state prefer that if I have body art, I keep it in a place that can be hidden as they are concerned it would encourage students too young to get one, to go about getting one the WRONG way NOT because they don't see it as an art form. My tattoos are not offensive, ugly, and over half are visible during the summer/spring/fall when the weather is warm. Nearly ALL of my students (I teach rural so I have kids ranging from K-12) know that I have tattoos and middle school on up knows my reasons/story for each one as well as how I feel about how one should go about getting a tattoo. (When you're old enough, have put a large amount of thought into the PERMANENT art you want displayed on your body, and in a LICENSED facility ONLY.)

Think before you type sir.
  • nutellabrah
    Options

I think its funny how that same comment represents the fact that the world is too big and complicated for most of you to synthesize as a whole in real time.

Faaaaaaark, not only do I have to be a doe-eyed little love slave, now I have the synthesise entire WORLDS? I'm gonna need a chemistry degree and a MUCH bigger bathtub, girls.

Thats your freakish insecurities that make you take it to such an extreme level of queerness in your mind.

Its like its either your self-centered way or a gross-over-dramatization/over-reaction to what a normal healthy relationship is like.

Most of these women you're attempting to troll are in relationships. With actual live human beings, not a mirror or their Instagram account.

If you're so 10/10 Zyzz-worthy and aesthetic as fark, why no gf? Is it because maybe you're a little insecure and feel the need to deflect it onto others? You might feel better if you worked legs. You know. Just once.

Jokes on you, I have a GF.

How silly do you feel now?
  • rml_16
    Options

Just saying.

Pls don't say Adele.

I've actually been reading the Outlander series, somewhat popular with women (they are making a series of it for Starz). The lead woman could be described as a "feminist" and the lead man still very much fits the definition of an "alpha male". I'd definitely recommend them. The sex scenes aren't really that groundbreaking or graphic but it's the background story is interesting and it's a great love story.
    How about those Sleeping Beauty novels Anne Rice did? HOLY! I had to stop around page 100 of the first one. I mean, I'm all about some kink, but those were beyond me. lol

But so much better written and 50 Shades of Ridiculous and Boring.
  • just_Jennie1
    Options

Probably not very because it's the internet and you can say whatever you want and people can't prove you wrong.

For example, I have two unicorns.
  • determinedbutlazy
    Options

Then why did you state earlier forever alone status?
    I think I hear rustling.
  • rml_16
    Options

You didn't have one last week ...

Make up your mind.