Any geeks?

Options

Replies

• train_01
    train_01 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I've see every episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation, Star Trek: Deep Space 9, and Star Trek: Voyager plus every Star Trek Movie ever made. Does that make me a geek? Probably. My hubbs on the other had has seen every Star Trek episode (all series) ever made and has a gigantic (over 1000 different pieces) collection of ST action figures and other collectables. A match made in heaven if I do say so myself :)
  • sweets1973
    sweets1973 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    yep, i`m a geek add me
  • tehdux0r
    tehdux0r Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My phone has alert sounds from the turrets in Portal 2 and EDI from Mass Effect. I have models of the Normandy SR-2, the Tallgeese (if anyone knows that reference), and a Lord of the Rings PEZ collection on my desk at work. I work in IT. I build my own computers. I go to conventions every year. And I don't play MMOs because I have more fun in either single-player RPGs or when I'm playing D&D (3.5 edition). Definitely a geek here.
  • brewji
    brewji Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    So, I guess the answer is 'yes', there are geeks here :smile: And you are all awesome! Is anyone else reading the replies and nodding in agreement?

Nodding in agreement while wearing my glow-in-the-dark Space Invaders shirt, working at a software company. Also, listening to World of Warcraft soundtrack music on Grooveshark...maybe I should rethink life.
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    So, I guess the answer is 'yes', there are geeks here :smile: And you are all awesome! Is anyone else reading the replies and nodding in agreement?

nodding
  • Inkratlet
    Inkratlet Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    <-- work in IT for a hi tech microprocessor developer.

Also like Star Trek, games where I get to build castles and gadgets.
  • cm2owl
    cm2owl Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm very proud to be nerd. I'd love to get to know more proud nerds on MFP.
  • CatFrogPanda
    CatFrogPanda Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I like anime DND and games :) feel free to add me :)
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    since we are a bunch of nerds,,,has anyone been to roleplay sites and done any of that?
  • Briargrey
    Briargrey Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I was a Senior Game Master for an online, text-based MUD for several years (had to quit when I got a job promotion that kept me too busy back in 2010), and I had played it since 1996 and I met my husband playing it.

I love Star Trek, Lost Girl, Haven, Warehouse 13, Eureka, Game of Thrones, Once Upon A Time, and so much much more.

Our bedroom has the 5 series set of Firefly travel posters framed and hanging above the closet accompanied by a kickass landscaped movie poster from Serenity, 3 art prints of the covers of John Picacio's Elric books (SUCH a nice guy, met him at Norwescon, bought 3 prints from him - signed, numbered, limited editions), and two Hijinks Ensue comics. Oh, and two Lee Moyer pin-up girl prints (another nice guy, another Norwescon purchase -- the Miss Scarlet and the Miss Media prints). We've got some maps of Middle Earth, a german Lost Boys movie poster, and some Karen Hallion prints all waiting to be framed and find wall space too.

I play TSW, WoW, and Rift.

I belong to Nerd Fitness Academy.

I support nerd make up :) [Espionage Cosmetics, ftw]

And I think 90% of our Xmas gifts for the demonspawn originate from thinkgeek.com.

It's 2014...it's GOOD to be a geek :)
  • Inkratlet
    Inkratlet Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I was a Senior Game Master for an online, text-based MUD for several years (had to quit when I got a job promotion that kept me too busy back in 2010), and I had played it since 1996 and I met my husband playing it.

I played a MUD for a couple of years. Kind of grew out of it though.
  • NeoOwnz
    NeoOwnz Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    all those movies were a big part of my geek childhood.

There is much more geekness to you than this. :flowerforyou:

People here are a higher level of geek than I am.
    I think I'm more of a dork.

dork :love: no way more like a geek. you have your geeky moments :P
  • NeedANewFocus
    NeedANewFocus Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    ** Raises hand **
    :drinker:
  • RavenhairedWoman
    RavenhairedWoman Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I'm a "geek". To be honest I am kind of a "Jack of all trades" kind of geek. Reading, video games, anime, manga, Doctor Who, Sherlock, and much more are all in my eclectic range of geekiness.

Feel free to friend me fellow geeks ^_^.
  • Becca680
    Becca680 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    love a bit of superwholock :) also game of thrones, LoTR, once upon a time and avengers. free free to add me guys :D
  • romanaXOX
    romanaXOX Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    since we are a bunch of nerds,,,has anyone been to roleplay sites and done any of that?

ummm..... not the type that you're referring to I don't think.... :devil: :laugh: :embarassed: :bigsmile: :blushing:
  • Nimue108
    Nimue108 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Complete geek and nerd here!! Always looking for friends!! Sending a PM.
  • hazstar
    Options
    the term geek saddens me, but I study computer science so I guess that qualifies. hello :)
    add me on steam if you wish (miamisharrk) i occasionally play tf2, civ, and other fun gamesss. :D
  • ultramde
    Options
    I'm a very proud geek. Loving comics, steam-punk, sci-fi, books & Comic-con