Any geeks?

Options

Replies

• paganstar71
    paganstar71 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Photoshop, pixel perfectionist, CSS, HTML, CMS, PHP and learning other coding, grammar nerd, formatting OCD, sysadmin, group policy. No time for gaming.
    Going to a UK Film and Comic Con next month.
    Gardening!
  • littlebutlean
    littlebutlean Posts: 2,159 Member
    Options
    I just got a second invite to Elder Scrolls Online for beta this weekend, who's jealous?
  • kariokey30
    kariokey30 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I used to play WOW does that count?
  • NataBost
    NataBost Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Yuup_zpsfcfd4432.jpg

Hah! But seriously, I'm a geek.I cosplay, play video games (namely the Final Fantasy series) and I like to wind down my nights by playing Jeopardy! with my hubby. For my 30th, my besties threw me a surprise Star Wars themed b'day party. :wink: Feel free to add me.
  • accebersmith
    accebersmith Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I prefer to be called a spaz, but hey, what's up? :)
  • Howdoyoufeeltoday
    Howdoyoufeeltoday Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I have green lantern, batman, superman, iron man and transformers shirts/sweaters hanging in my closet. I own the Anakin Skywalker master replica Lightsaber for no real reason other then because it's awesome. I have a superman action figure nailed to my wall to make him look like he's flying. what else stands out...... Oh ya, I went to see the midnight showing for The Dark Knight Rises with my friend and for the event I made cookies shaped like bats....and I couldn't find a cookie cutter shaped like a bat at the time so I had to make my own. There's more I just feel like I've made my point. :drinker: Hook me up with a friend request if you want my fellow geeks.
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Proud to be a geek .. ;-)
  • daw0518
    daw0518 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I was in marching band for 12 years - all the way through college. Definitely a geek!

Also in grad school now, & I would consider anyone who voluntarily and competitively fought for another 5-7 years of school an idio- I mean, a geek.
  • bigldesigns
    bigldesigns Posts: 102 Member
    Options

I still play WOW.. does that count More??
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Book geek, sci-fi geek and Trekkie
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I was on here a while back and had great success. Now I'm back and looking for some geeky, nerdy, and dorky friends! Would love to see the motivation on my feed.
    I think anyone who signs up for MFP, records weight, exercise and calorie intake on a computer or phone probably qualifies as a geek.
  • erinbartholomew5
    erinbartholomew5 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Well, I guess I'm one. The things I'm geeky about don't generally attract other people, though:P

I love:
    Retro Anime and Manga (70's, 80's early 90's)
    Classic literature: Jane Eyre, Wuthering Heights, To Kill a Mockingbird etc
    Dante's Divine Comedy
    Traditional 2-d animation ( some Disney, Don Bluth, Hiyao Miyazaki)
    Art History and Pop culture history
    Late 1970's early 1980's New Wave
    Jem and the Holograms
    Collecting Interesting Looking objects and books
    I hate:
    My Little Pony
    Dr. Who
    Rap Music
    "Hardcore" music
    Screamo
    ebooks

I'm also not huge fan of Adventure TIme/Naruto/Bleach/One Piece
  • harphy
    harphy Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'm an IT professor. :glasses:
  • kariokey30
    kariokey30 Posts: 9 Member
    Options

I still play WOW.. does that count More??

Sure does. Id still be playing if I had the time!
  • evilpixiegrrr
    Options
    I'm a geek. :) I'm a video game enthusiast and I work for Ubisoft. :D
  • klkateri
    klkateri Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I'm totally "Geek Chiq" so feel free to add me and visa verse.

INTO - Star Trek (every series), Science in General, Medieval Times Recreation, History, Fantasy, and starting to get into Cosplay. O yes, and I'm a gamer lol!!
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Another place to find nerdy/geeky people on here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1161698-nerds-who-lift
  • SimoneBee12
    SimoneBee12 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I'm actually a geek, maybe more of a dork? I spend several hours a day learning about science/geography/history and have a cat named Buffy :-P

ETA: Everyone feel free to add me, I need friends, both on here and IRL. Haha
  • ke4ke
    ke4ke Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Ok this has become a competition! :) I play World of Warcraft and Minecraft, I'm a televison broadcast engineer, Amateur radio operator using mostly morse code these days, like Stargate and Star Trek and use Linux on my main computer. Sorry, I have not been called a dork in many many years.
  • kagevf
    kagevf Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    does a trekkie count ?