Any geeks?

Options

Replies

• vt78che
    vt78che Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm an engineer and absolutely love technology...maybe!
  • PickleJuice9484
    PickleJuice9484 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I like doctor who and Sherlock and almost human and Merlin and serenity/firefly and everything else awesome. San Diego comic con 2years ago was literally the best time of my life. Yay geeks!
  • jamesalytle
    jamesalytle Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Big sci-fi fan, especially trek. I'm currently re-watching battlestar gallactica RDM's version while on the treadmill.
  • gkalmbach
    gkalmbach Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    OMG the number of Geek/Nerds in this post is amazing, I love it.

How am I a geek, let's see..

Dress up and go to conventions... check
    Member of SCA... check
    Videos Games.. check
    Play D&D.. check (ok played.. everyone grew up but me)
    Watch Sci-Fi (well, if Firefly counts, I'm a diehard Browcoat & Whedon fan) ..check
    Watch Fantasy (yeah, this is where it's at for me... Gam of Thrones & LotR/Hobbit are just heaven for me) .. check
    Single.. check
    Work in IT.. check
    Make lists... check
    Watch Sports.. NOPE

Any of my fellow Nerd/Geeks wanna add me as friends that's cool. I like the support and giving others support to make things happen.
  • michaeljlally1
    michaeljlally1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sorry... I'm too cool to be a geek......lol
  • Diondk
    Diondk Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Working in IT,so ofcourse i am a geek ;)
  • crazyferretperson
    Options
    im a ferret geek add me :drinker:
  • NellyJica
    NellyJica Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I read software articles for fun....I watch anime....i cosplayed as Snape once....bow-ties are fun....Gleek-certified....SuperWhoLock-friendly....british shows.....Final Fantasy is rad.....I had a joystick in my hand since i was 5..playing pacman on my wooden atari.....I own more than 5 shirts containing pop culture references........geeky enough?
  • I_snaps_I
    I_snaps_I Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I would say I'm pretty geeky. I'm a Computer Networking major in college. When I have free time I fill it up with video games, anime, sci-fi, reading, and fixing or tinkering on my family's PCs.

Add me if you wish. ^_^
  • liftsforchocolate
    Options
    Nerd here :)
  • I just got a second invite to Elder Scrolls Online for beta this weekend, who's jealous?

I played beta one weekend, and reported some bugs; unfortunately, it just wasn't for me. :( They keep re-inviting me...

I'm a grammar nerd, and I edit e-books for fun for my aspiring novelist friends. I'm a bit of a wallflower, but I prefer it that way. I'm interested in human behavior, and I like to study social interactions. I enjoy RPG's and MMO's, but don't get to play them as much anymore. I also love watching my guy play video games. :) I use Reddit to unwind.

Define "geek/nerd" any way you like; I think being intelligent, witty and sarcastic are just about the most attractive traits a person can have. If you actively developed your personality more than you developed your appearance, you're probably a geek.

ETA: Add me, add me! :)
  • Zaftique
    Zaftique Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Oh hey! Anyone in the Hearthstone beta?
    I suck at it, but always interested in more people to play against. :)
  • ShondraJ28
    ShondraJ28 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I guess i would consider myself a geek. I'm in school to be an Accountant and play video games. Mostly World Of Warcraft.
  • j_bark
    j_bark Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    Define "geek/nerd" any way you like; I think being intelligent, witty and sarcastic are just about the most attractive traits a person can have. If you actively developed your personality more than you developed your appearance, you're probably a geek.

<3
  • ohkurt18
    ohkurt18 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    there are many types of people who fall under this
  • fixxxer363
    Options
    Tech geek here. Feel free to add!
  • SuperWhoLock24601
    SuperWhoLock24601 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Resistance is futile.
  • Wiseandcurious
    Wiseandcurious Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    My favourite librarian is an ape.
    discworld.jpg

Also a big sci-fi geek, fantasy too but there's too much **** pretending to be fantasy out there lately :frown:

Otherwise, nerdy as they come.

Edited image
  • bgh707
    bgh707 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Working on a doctorate in Ancient History. Geeky enough?
  • Marcel182
    Marcel182 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I am a total Harry Potter nerd (going back to LeakyCon this summer!). Other than that, I love Doctor Who, video games and innumerable TV series...

Please feel free to add me!