Remind me why I shouldn't eat a donut.

Options

Replies

• cherub_72
    cherub_72 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    OK...whoever posted that 'donut picture' is JUST MEAN!!!!! Now I want a donut!!!!

I don't even like donuts and now I want one. or at least a vat of chocolate....lol
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I would have a donut.

donut.jpg

the chocolate one?

Probably....and the pink one. And the other one that's creme filled.
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    OK...whoever posted that 'donut picture' is JUST MEAN!!!!! Now I want a donut!!!!

Gah, I know right?!

Moderation, though. One donut every once in a while won't kill you. Just work it into your calorie intake. Do a few more exercises that day if you feel up to it. Maybe you can even eat half of it, and bring the rest home for later (or for someone who lives with you if you don't live alone). My mom used to do that a lot. She'd eat half a muffin (she worked at a place that made muffins, always brought home the leftovers) and give the other half to one of us kids later.

Don't deprive yourself. If you give up donuts completely, when you DO eat a donut again... well, it might be hard to stop. :glasses:
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    I would have a donut.

donut.jpg

the chocolate one?

Probably....and the pink one. And the other one that's creme filled.

good man
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Eat the donut. They're delicious.
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Have half if you can't make up your mind :)

My mindset is that if I find myself saying "man, I could really use some goodies today" and then some one brings in goodies, I eat one. If not, I feel better about myself just taking a sniff and closing the box :laugh:
  • kellyskitties
    kellyskitties Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    IF they are donuts I really really like - I'd have one. If they are half stale, blah donuts... no. I try to only squeeze it in for the day if I love it. I hate to throw away calories on something blah.

IF they are blah and I REALLY REALLY wanted it - I'd just squeeze it in. Somedays are just hormone driven that way.

Set yourself a donut limit. They aren't going away so either you have to use staunch willpower or make peace with them.
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    donut1.gif
  • RoyBeck
    RoyBeck Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I had 3 the other day for breakfast!! 220 each!!

Just had a cheese sandwich for lunch and a chicken hotpot for dinner and no other treats. Still under my calorie goal!!

Moral of this rather pointless story? STICK TO YOUR GOALS AND TREAT YOURSELF TO WHAT YOU WANT!!
  • BeckyGee84
    BeckyGee84 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Share the donut with a coworker or two and write it in your diary!
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    This thread reminded me that there's free fudge in my office right now. BRB
  • KnM0107
    KnM0107 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    My husband and I make a special trip to krispy kreme (30min 1 way) once a month...

I would eat the donut.
  • hpheath
    hpheath Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Has anyone seen " The Five Year Engagement"

Is it an old dunut?
  • CaitlinW19
    CaitlinW19 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Everytime someone eats a dougnut, a puppie dies. Probably in Sochi.

Too soon? I'm actually really sad about this despite my flipant response.

Don't let the dounut win and you can be so proud of yourself at the end of the day.
  • CaitlinW19
    CaitlinW19 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Has anyone seen " The Five Year Engagement"

Is it an old dunut?

Haha. Yes!
  • selfepidemic1
    selfepidemic1 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Say that you have an intolerance to doughnuts, and keep saying it so people stop offering it you.
  • wnt2bhlthy4me
    wnt2bhlthy4me Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Someone say donut? With or without sprinkles?
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Because your body isn't a waste bin. Just because its there, does not mean you have to put it in your body.

You say this like donuts belong in the trash?! I whole-heartedly disagree!!! Give me your donuts. Lol!

OP, just eat a quarter or an eighth (a bite) of one, log it, and move on. That's what I do. :wink:
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    Do you actually want or need to eat the doughnut now or is it simply because it is free?

Consumption for the sake of consumption is a bit pointless.

Why don't you take one home and if you want to eat it later then do so...
  • waltcote
    waltcote Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I would call a donut food. I myself have no problem turning down a donut mainly because I would rather spend my calories on something with a little more nutritional value in it. We frequently have someone bring in donuts and they always say it must be killing me to not be able to have one. I think I am able to have one if I want. I just choose not to. Of course this also comes from guys who complain how much they weigh but can't do anything about it. :bigsmile: