Remind me why I shouldn't eat a donut.

Options

Replies

• mg17601
    Options
    It seems there are way more people in the "eat the donut" camp. I ended up surveying my office to see if anyone would mind if I moved the box to a different breakroom down the hall. They agreed and the donuts were gone by noon! Donut temptation averted, for now...

Good Thinking! WIN:flowerforyou:
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    didnt read any other replies, but i got nothin. sry.
  • will2lose72
    will2lose72 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I think I'd change the question to, "Why should I eat this donut?" So, why should you?
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Man, I feel for you. College student/free food/donuts? I got nothing. But I will pray for you. Even if your not the praying type. Alternatively WWKD?

He'd say, "Righteous, dude! Eat the donut!"
  • Because it stays in your system for 3 days.

Whoa....you poop every three days?

hardcore.
  • BL_Coleman
    BL_Coleman Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Eat one or two a week and go for a walk... a donut is about 200-250 calories...

I have donuts every Saturday about (500+) calories of them...I then go for a1- 2 hour walk.
  • bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Everything in moderation. One doughnut occassionally won't kill you. But I am one to talk....I am actually going to NC State this weekend to do the Krispy Kreme Challenge....10th year....8,000 people do it....raises money for Children's Hospital.....but you have to run 2.5 miles, eat a dozen Krispy Kremes, then run back 2.5 miles in less than an hour. It isn't that easy (I did a trial run)....the running is easy, but eating 12 doughnuts when you have been exercising, is not very easy!

I'd just donate the money and save myself the puke-fest. I didn't know such a thing existed! Good luck with your run! :)

OP, I think you need to re-evaluate whether or not low-carb is sustainable for you. Moderation, not deprivation.
  • RitaLR
    Options
    Everything in moderation. One doughnut occassionally won't kill you. But I am one to talk....I am actually going to NC State this weekend to do the Krispy Kreme Challenge....10th year....8,000 people do it....raises money for Children's Hospital.....but you have to run 2.5 miles, eat a dozen Krispy Kremes, then run back 2.5 miles in less than an hour. It isn't that easy (I did a trial run)....the running is easy, but eating 12 doughnuts when you have been exercising, is not very easy!

I'd just donate the money and save myself the puke-fest. I didn't know such a thing existed! Good luck with your run! :)

OP, I think you need to re-evaluate whether or not low-carb is sustainable for you. Moderation, not deprivation.

I lost six pounds in six weeks doing strict no-carb. Then Christmas happened. And New Years. I'm trying to get back to what I was doing in the fall.
  • shadow2450
    shadow2450 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Don't eat the donut simply because its a poison to your body and your goal...

Whenever im tempted to eat beyond the safety zone, i always remind myself this will kill you, destroy your goals and your life. It's the product of a corporation that attempts control and manipulate you and your actions, to be helpless and to be in the plans of their sinister idea of causing obesity on the public!!
    ....Then again this is what i think to avoid such foods >.> it helps me a lot lol

Just dont eat the donut because its not worth the calories and what it give you in return. Instead eat something that gives nutritional benifits, even if its not tasty.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options

Whenever im tempted to eat beyond the safety zone, i always remind myself this will kill you, destroy your goals and your life. It's the product of a corporation that attempts control and manipulate you and your actions, to be helpless and to be in the plans of their sinister idea of causing obesity on the public!!
    ....Then again this is what i think to avoid such foods >.> it helps me a lot lol

Just dont eat the donut because its not worth the calories and what it give you in return. Instead eat something that gives nutritional benifits, even if its not tasty.

Are we in the Matrix or something?
  • bachampion04
    bachampion04 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Donut nutrition facts

https://www.google.com/#q=donut+nutrition+facts

Gotta love the numbers right?
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Donut nutrition facts

https://www.google.com/#q=donut+nutrition+facts

Gotta love the numbers right?

Not all have the same nutrition though. Depends on what place, size, type. The peanut covered donut I ate had a lot more calories.
  • BanaB87
    Options
    There are a couple things you can do here.

1. Let everybody else pick over them before you go to the box. If all the "good" ones are gone you may decide you'd rather not have any than have one you don't like.

or

2. You can go pick out 1, just 1, donut that you like and let it sit on your desk until meal or break time. Its ok to have a donut once in a while. You can have one every day if you allow room for it.

Find out what work for you. :)
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Sorry, how are donuts poison? That's just a ridiculous statement.
  • 1pandabear
    1pandabear Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    A moment on the lips, a month on the hips!
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

Thinking a donut is poison that will kill you and ruin your life is what we xann irrational thinking. This is a serious sign of an extremely unhealthy relationship with food and may indicate an eating disorder. This is the sort of thing anorexic people say. Not normal people.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Just had a Bavarian creme filled Bismark with my sausage biscuit this morning. Yum!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    A moment on the lips, a month on the hips!

It can't even *reach* your hips if you are in a deficit or at maintenance. :wink:

:laugh:
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    I eat donuts and bagels for breakfast in moderation it hasn't hindered my weight loss. Now I wouldn't eat them all the time ...
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Eat the donut, fit it into your day, and maintain your deficit…

One donut is not going to ruin you ...