Remind me why I shouldn't eat a donut.

Options

Replies

• fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    If I eat a donut I have to run 3 miles to burn off the calories, unless it is a bear claw, then I have to run 6 miles.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Don't eat the donut simply because its a poison to your body and your goal...

Whenever im tempted to eat beyond the safety zone, i always remind myself this will kill you, destroy your goals and your life. It's the product of a corporation that attempts control and manipulate you and your actions, to be helpless and to be in the plans of their sinister idea of causing obesity on the public!!
    ....Then again this is what i think to avoid such foods >.> it helps me a lot lol

Just dont eat the donut because its not worth the calories and what it give you in return. Instead eat something that gives nutritional benifits, even if its not tasty.

LOLZ really?

Do you have a safety word so that you do not eat the donut? COme on man! Donuts are not poison! They are freaking delicious! Having one every once in a while is not going to kill you …

Seriously, reexamine your relationship with food ASAP.
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    I love it when people at work don't eat their doughnuts because that means more for me!
  • MagJam2004
    MagJam2004 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I think what he meant was that he uses that extreme mind set to keep him focused. At the end of the rant he says, this is just what he thinks to avoid those types of foods. At the very end he clarifies that is just not worth the calories to him.
  • kherrons
    kherrons Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Eat a donut
  • littleburgy
    littleburgy Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Someone brought in Krispy Kremes to work today.

I'm not eating it because I'm saving those calories for my Friday beer. Eat it if you really want it. When I pass it's because I would rather spend those calories elsewhere. Think of what you would rather eat or drink instead if it really cramps your allowance and you're trying to stay under.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Because they will not fit into your calorie limit, or your macronutrient balance.

And if the above statement isn't correct, then eat the donut.

Exactly!!
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Donuts are yummy. Better get one. You don't want to miss out.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    because for that amount of calories you can have a serving of chicken breast which will make you more full and satisfied :smile:

Or you can have both, as long as they both fit into your macros and calorie goal for the day.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    Doughnuts are awesome but not worth the calories, sugar, etc.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    Ummmm....just eat the donut. If one lousy donut can derail you, then you're not doing it right.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Doughnuts are awesome but not worth the calories, sugar, etc.

Why not? Just eat one doughnut. It's like 300 calories. You can fit that in.
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Because they will not fit into your calorie limit, or your macronutrient balance.

And if the above statement isn't correct, then eat the donut.
    QFT. This! ^
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    because for that amount of calories you can have a serving of chicken breast which will make you more full and satisfied :smile:

Or you can have both, as long as they both fit into your macros and calorie goal for the day.
    Chicken and doughnuts...is that like chicken and waffles? :laugh:
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Dont eat them if you want to lose weight

Eat them if you want to have something to eat.

To be honest, you answered the question in your own post deeming the post overall redundant....
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Dont eat them if you want to lose weight

whhhhaaaaattttt?

one donut is going to prevent weight loss? Is that a 3500 cal donut????
  • MrsLannister
    MrsLannister Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I think what he meant was that he uses that extreme mind set to keep him focused. At the end of the rant he says, this is just what he thinks to avoid those types of foods. At the very end he clarifies that is just not worth the calories to him.

It's still unhealthy. It is the mindset that leads to people feeling like they "blew" their diet because of one donut and then going on a binge since they "already failed."
  • PositiveBody
    PositiveBody Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    That was a GOOD one! LOL!
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Because wheat gives you gas? Oh wait, that's me. :blushing:

A plain glazed donut is about 200 calories. If you want it, eat it.
  • PositiveBody
    PositiveBody Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    As soon as those "goodies" hit the nurses station, they go straight to the employee lounge where they are gone in 10 minutes flat. A picture I have in my head of someone's clogged arteries after a heart attack (In the OR) keeps me in check.