Remind me why I shouldn't eat a donut.

Options

Replies

• eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Dont eat them if you want to lose weight

whhhhaaaaattttt?

one donut is going to prevent weight loss? Is that a 3500 cal donut????

Context. The OP is complaining about the donuts preventing her weight loss. It is a simplistic answer.
  • crepes_
    crepes_ Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    You already know what a doughnut tastes like. Doughnuts will exist later, when you feel more in control of your diet or after you reach your goal, whichever you prefer. This isn't saying you'll never get to have one again. You just have to wait a bit.
  • RitaLR
    Options
    Someone brought in Krispy Kremes to work today.

I'm not eating it because I'm saving those calories for my Friday beer. Eat it if you really want it. When I pass it's because I would rather spend those calories elsewhere. Think of what you would rather eat or drink instead if it really cramps your allowance and you're trying to stay under.

This is good logic.

Someone brought in homemade mini cupcakes later in the day, and I thought "This is why I didn't eat a donut."
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    because for that amount of calories you can have a serving of chicken breast which will make you more full and satisfied :smile:

Or you can have both, as long as they both fit into your macros and calorie goal for the day.
    Chicken and doughnuts...is that like chicken and waffles? :laugh:

I actually like sausage biscuit and doughnut.
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    My office has free donuts at least once a week (terrible, I know). A dozen just appeared in our breakroom. I need some reminders of why I shouldn't eat one. I am trying to maintain a low-carb diet but I am also a college student and I have a hard time turning down free food. Help!

Vendors send me all kinds of crap to get my hospital's business. At Christmas time my office looked like a sweets shop. Even when I told them I was diabetic. Even when I told them I was under doctor's orders to lose weight. Finally I realized they didn't care whether my health was affected. I gave some to the floor nurses and threw the rest away.

The moral of the story is: Free crap is still crap. Your body has a very long memory and if you abuse it now you'll pay later. THAT'S why you don't eat the doughnuts! :happy:
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

whhhhaaaaattttt?

one donut is going to prevent weight loss? Is that a 3500 cal donut????

Context. The OP is complaining about the donuts preventing her weight loss. It is a simplistic answer.

so one donut is going to sabotage weight loss?
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options

Eat them if you want to have something to eat.

To be honest, you answered the question in your own post deeming the post overall redundant....

Erm... what? You can still eat them if you want to lose weight. Eating a donut will not stop you from losing weight. You can eat nothing but donuts and still lose weight, as long as you are in a calorie deficit (you won't feel very good, though, and it's not sustainable).
    I'd recommended a well-rounded diet, within your macros and calorie goals, and eat a damned donut now and then.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Because you don't have a burger to between one cut in half and fried this moment?
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    LOL at this thread! I had 3 donuts this morning! Guess I'll be working out a lot this evening, but I sure as hell don't regret it!

IN for losing weight while eating donuts. :happy:
  • bperkins88
    bperkins88 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    eat the donut ... Krispy Kreme .. fresh off the fryer dipped in wet, sugary deliciousness

hot-original-glazed.jpg
  • Krisydee103
    Krisydee103 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    because you know you will feel like crap after youre done eating it and it will steal away all of your energy and you will feel sluggish and tired afterwards because all of the processed chemical and sugar will have your insulin spiking up and soon after will come crashing back down. Eat 1 cup of broccoli, 4oz of chicken, and 1/2 cup of brown rice with a full bottle of water, wait 5 mins and I SWEAR to you your cravings will have vanished! :)
  • mccindy72
    Options
    because you know you will feel like crap after youre done eating it and it will steal away all of your energy and you will feel sluggish and tired afterwards because all of the processed chemical and sugar will have your insulin spiking up and soon after will come crashing back down. Eat 1 cup of broccoli, 4oz of chicken, and 1/2 cup of brown rice with a full bottle of water, wait 5 mins and I SWEAR to you your cravings will have vanished! :)

If you are experiencing a craving for a donut, and eat broccoli, chicken and rice, you will still want a donut. Then when you eat the donut, you will have exceeded your calorie goals. Just eat the donut. Cravings don't have much to do with hunger or nutrtional needs. if you only eat one donut and aren't eating too much sugar/carbs in the rest of day and don't exceed your macros, you will feel fine.
  • Krisydee103
    Options
    Im telling the OP whats works for me, and that works for me. Some people can't eat that one donuts because than they will want to eat another and another and I'm pretty sure she posted this thread so people can encourage her to NOT eat the donut not so people can say "only one wont hurt". I know the feeling and I didn't lose 20 lbs from saying "only one wont hurt"
  • ndj1979
    Options

who the hell wants to eat chicken, 1/2 cup of rice, and broccoli at 9am in the morning????

And come on, one donut is not going to make you feel like crap and steal your energy away ....geez..

And don't forget, one donut will be converted into the equivalent of five pounds of body fat too....
  • Krisydee103
    Options
    Its lunch time over here in my part of the world. Cutt me some slack J.I. joe!
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Im telling the OP whats works for me, and that works for me. Some people can't eat that one donuts because than they will want to eat another and another and I'm pretty sure she posted this thread so people can encourage her to NOT eat the donut not so people can say "only one wont hurt". I know the feeling and I didn't lose 20 lbs from saying "only one wont hurt"

so you really eat chicken and broccoli in the am...????
  • mccindy72
    Options

Everyone does find something that works for them, it's true. But the fact that the OP is asking for help to resist one donut shows she is already struggling with deprivation.

Long-term success comes from learing to eat in moderation and not being afraid of any food.
  • Krisydee103
    Options

Everyone does find something that works for them, it's true. But the fact that the OP is asking for help to resist one donut shows she is already struggling with deprivation.

Long-term success comes from learing to eat in moderation and not being afraid of any food.
    [/quote

Yes well said, I agree but I was trying to give her the advice and support she wanted at that exact moment of her post. That's what I would want. Do to others what you want done to you, if that makes sense lol
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    donuts are delicious. I want one today.
  • obrientp
    obrientp Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Dunkin Dounuts heart-shaped cookie dough donut has just come out and it's 380 calories.I can't fit it in today or this weekend, but sometime between Monday and the 14th, I will find a way.