Warning: This is a rant

Options
1235»

Replies

• LolaDeeDaisy23
    LolaDeeDaisy23 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I was in the same boat, only my fiance admitted he didn't know what he was doing either. Long story short, I picked up new Rules of Lifting for Women. This book changed my life. I didn't make my fiance read it either. I did my thing & he did his. For people who say "ask someone to help you," really? In my gym there's like 0 girls lifting. 3 if you include girls holding the 2.5 pound weights. & I've only seen 2 guys doing deadlifts!! There's a million guys doing arm curls or bench pressing. It's intimidating to be in the weight room. Guys stare & I'm not about to talk to any of them about anything, especially about form lol. Really?

1) Go get this book. It breaks everything down from nutrition to instructions on exercises.
    2) YouTube & bodybuilding.com

Good luck girly :)
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Just break up.

Took you long enough.... 12 posts in, I think. :wink:
  • RhysJ13
    Options
    I would suggest asking one of the trainers at the gym to help you with your form. Like you said he is a bad gym buddy, so maybe leave him at home while you're busy looking awesome.
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options

First of all, someone PLEASE send me links that proof you can't spot reduce. More on that later.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/research-review/are-blood-flow-and-lipolysis-in-subcutaneous-
    adipose-tissue-influenced-by-contractions-in-adjacent-muscle-in-humans-research-review.html
  • AllieBear88
    AllieBear88 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I've heard that the book "New Rules of Lifting for Women" (I may have the title wrong) is very informative. Maybe pick it up, first off, for proof that women lift, too, and for help with form? Also, just leave him at home when you go to the gym. The attitude he has will bring you down and take away from your gym experience.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    My partner was very much like this for about a year. I explained it doesn't work that way and then just got on with my thing. The results speak for themselves after awhile so he came around. I know sometimes he still wishes I did less, but he has fully admitted that he was wrong and was being an *kitten* LOL.

I have no links, but IMO, once you've explained your thoughts on the matter don't converse about it anymore, just do your thing.
  • ingraha
    ingraha Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I would lose the boyfriend
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    Also I am now training my partner, so how's that for a turn of events lol.

Obviously I disagree on the breaking up if the rest of your life is sweet, just keep your gym life separate