What motivational quote kept you going ?

Replies

• gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    It's YOUR *kitten*, ain't no body else gonna get off YOUR *kitten* and lose the weight, but someone else will have to raise YOUR kids when the weight kills you. Can sleep at night knowing that?"
  • aimroe
    aimroe Posts: 13 Member
    Take it day by day. Results don't come overnight. Change doesn't happen immediately. Keep working towards your goals.
  • Here's one I heard recently. "The definition of Insanity is doing the same thing over & over while expecting different results!" So I guess I better change my actions if I want different results!
  • Cathi888
    Cathi888 Posts: 37 Member
    saving for future inspiration
  • TravelerX
    TravelerX Posts: 7 Member
    Try not! Do or do not. There is no try.
    ~Yoda

This^
  • lizyoface
    lizyoface Posts: 9 Member
    I LOVE this - "It's no coincidence that four of the six letters in health are 'heal' "
  • KHalseth
    KHalseth Posts: 104 Member
    A blogger I read (who happens to be diabetic) once told me that "Being Fit, Healthy and Hungry was better than being Fat, Diabetic, and Dead." I keep thinking I might turn it into an needlework sampler.
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Mine is my mantra during meditation. "I am powerful, strong and whole."
  • CC_Maam
    CC_Maam Posts: 45 Member
    Thumbs up! I'm not into denial either!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    After age 50, women have less _____ (pretty much every thing good goes in that blank - bone density, muscle mass, strength, balance, yadda, yadda, yadda).
  • brunetteavoxgirl
    brunetteavoxgirl Posts: 88 Member
    Try not! Do or do not. There is no try.
    ~Yoda
    this
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 4,989 Member
    If I moved my body as often as I obsessed about my body, id have the body I obssess about by now......

also......this too shall pass.,,,,,,(this helps when I am struggling)
  • Darylbauer
    Darylbauer Posts: 1 Member
    Mountaintops are for views and inspiration, but the valley's are where the fruit is grown!
    -Billy Graham
  • tmodaniel0720
    tmodaniel0720 Posts: 11 Member
    Rocky Balboa: Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place, and I don’t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard you hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward; how much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done! Now, if you know what you’re worth, then go out and get what you’re worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain’t where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain’t you. You’re better than that!
  • arlenejoneswilson
    arlenejoneswilson Posts: 49 Member
    As long as I am moving, I am lapping everyone on the couch.
  • arlenejoneswilson
    Mountaintops are for views and inspiration, but the valley's are where the fruit is grown!
    -Billy Graham

Preach, brother, Preach!
  • 60aday
    60aday Posts: 20
    Sweat is the fat crying!!! :)
  • SarahAnna87
    SarahAnna87 Posts: 65 Member
    "Be Stronger than your excuses"
  • arlenejoneswilson
    I LOVE this - "It's no coincidence that four of the six letters in health are 'heal' "
    nice!
  • It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.