Anyone ever use this site for dating?

Options
gunshowgreg
gunshowgreg Posts: 169 Member
If not that actually met someone on this site?

-Greg

Replies

• wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Why do you ask?
  • gunshowgreg
    Options
    Seems to be much speak of sexual thoughts. Was just wondering. Not complaining or anything
  • Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    NO!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I've seen a few couples, even one marriage. But no, I don't think any of them started out with the idea of finding some one to date. They just made friends and then felt a connection.
  • YesIAm17
    YesIAm17 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I have seen a few ppl around the forums who met and then married through here. I didn't get the impression though that they were using it as a "dating site" but rather met someone by chance, got to know them really well online, gave it a go after that offline, and it worked.

Maybe some of those ppl will come visit here and share their stories :flowerforyou:
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    If not that actually met someone on this site?

-Greg

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1163817-have-you-ever-met-a-mfper?hl=have+you+met+someone+from+mfp&page=1#posts-18191419

Few on here that had started a relationship. I guess it's easier when folk have common interests, goals & what knot.
  • bd0027
    bd0027 Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Nope, but there's a guy or two I'd go on a date with if it could be arranged. :blushing:
  • gunshowgreg
    Options
    Nope, but there's a guy or two I'd go on a date with if it could be arranged. :blushing:

Lol dropping hints.
  • bd0027
    Options

Lol dropping hints.

Men usually don't pick up on hints. d:
  • fitandskinnygal
    Options
    I met a guy on here and things got deeper than fitness….
  • gunshowgreg
    Options
    I met a guy on here and things got deeper than fitness….

Hmmm lol
  • krisjackson31105
    krisjackson31105 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    No we don't pick on hints especially like a guy like me that has never had a relationship and I am 32.I don't know how people can meet online and build on a relationship.I never had anyone send me any pm or anything.It harder for guys to find someone than woman cause woman get hit on all the time guys has to build up the courage to go to them which I never have done before.I figure if I go to a store or something there not there for a nervous guy come up to em and ask em out.I don't think it would work out for me so I choose to never do it.I don't have any friends or anything just family.
  • gunshowgreg
    Options
    No we don't pick on hints especially like a guy like me that has never had a relationship and I am 32.I don't know how people can meet online and build on a relationship.I never had anyone send me any pm or anything.It harder for guys to find someone than woman cause woman get hit on all the time guys has to build up the courage to go to them which I never have done before.I figure if I go to a store or something there not there for a nervous guy come up to em and ask em out.I don't think it would work out for me so I choose to never do it.I don't have any friends or anything just family.

Should think bout giving a dating website a try. I'm a single dad and I've done it before. You'd be surprised at the people you meet and how well you might actually click. Nothing serious may happen from it but you can make friends. I didn't think dating sites were that good either until I tried it. I've done match Christian mingle zoosk and plenty of fish. Christian mingle was the best IMO. Give it a shot.
  • bd0027
    Options

Just go out and approach women. They will either say yes or say no, either way the torture of not knowing will be over. (:
  • gunshowgreg
    Options
    Just go out and approach women. They will either say yes or say no, either way the torture of not knowing will be over. (:

I agree however it's easier said than done. I got low self esteeme myself, been rejected a lot so I can understand where your comming from. A friend told me "if a girl says no your no better off than you are now and nothing's changed"
  • Brazilll
    Brazilll Posts: 503
    Options

I agree however it's easier said than done. I got low self esteeme myself, been rejected a lot so I can understand where your comming from. A friend told me "if a girl says no your no better off than you are now and nothing's changed"

Sad, :( If I lived in LA I'd go out with ya. :flowerforyou:
  • bd0027
    Options

Should think bout giving a dating website a try. I'm a single dad and I've done it before. You'd be surprised at the people you meet and how well you might actually click. Nothing serious may happen from it but you can make friends. I didn't think dating sites were that good either until I tried it. I've done match Christian mingle zoosk and plenty of fish. Christian mingle was the best IMO. Give it a shot.

MFP works for some people. d: You could possibly meet a nice lady on here. Some people don't really consider this site a good place to meet, but you can meet the woman of your dreams anywhere. It might as well be MFP lol.
  • PatheticNoetic
    PatheticNoetic Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Not THIS message board. But I did meet my husband on ANOTHER message board.
  • HDHogger
    HDHogger Posts: 764
    Options

Lol dropping hints.

I don't even bother trying to meet a woman unless she drops some sort of hint. I know she's interested if she drops a hint and I don't end up trying to be made a fool of like OP did to the dude a Wally World.
  • bd0027
    Options

Lol dropping hints.

I don't even bother trying to meet a woman unless she drops some sort of hint. I know she's interested if she drops a hint and I don't end up trying to be made a fool of like OP did to the dude a Wally World.

If I send you a smiley, reply to a text or a message that doesn't require a response, and conveniently find a way to be near you, I'm interested. I guess those are horrible "hints" but it's the best I can do since I'm shy. d: