Anyone ever use this site for dating?

Options

Replies

• TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Nope. Just engaged in a lot of unsatisfying sexual innuendo, rude sexist remarks and unfulfilled shared fantasy and erotica.
  • maria1113
    maria1113 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Nope, I don't use this site for dating. The biggest reason is that I'm in different continent :laugh:
    Otherwise I bet I would be tempted :wink:
  • bd0027
    bd0027 Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Yeah I am shy and social anxiety.I figure no girl I ever gonna find attractinve or whatever enough to go up to would go with a 6 ft 306 lbs fat dude with no self esteem or confidence but maybe I would get some if I could get a girlfriend but people tell me it will happen.I doubt it since I have no friends and I don't go anywhere.I have signed on some free dating sites but nothing really happens yet.If I send a msg I don't get a reply.

Most people have a little bit of insecurity, bud. I do but I don't let that hold me back from meeting people. The next time you're out, try to approach a woman. Bring up something simple like the weather and see if you can carry a conversation with her (even if it's a short one). I've asked men out before and gotten rejected. Talk about feeling dumb when you give a guy your number and he never calls/texts haha. Getting back out there is the trick to finding happiness. (:
  • bd0027
    bd0027 Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    i met my bromance TX on here - its been a splendid adventure together

:sad: You two timing some of a.....:brokenheart:

lol!
  • raiderrodney
    raiderrodney Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Not yet...but I'm still hopeful lol :)
  • maz504
    maz504 Posts: 450
    Options
    I would have never expected it but I've gotten some flirty messages on here... I mean I get it's a free forum but isn't that what okcupid is for? Not complaining though, it's nice to get a little affirmation once in a while :)
  • PghPensFan69
    PghPensFan69 Posts: 2,393 Member
    Options
    I would have never expected it but I've gotten some flirty messages on here... I mean I get it's a free forum but isn't that what okcupid is for? Not complaining though, it's nice to get a little affirmation once in a while :)

I have a feeling your inbox is going to have a lot of activity today after this post.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

Junk pics sent.
  • maz504
    maz504 Posts: 450
    Options

Junk pics sent.

Lolol aw man... guess I probably shot myself in the foot huh :P
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    no, but I have several friends who have met their loves on here. To each his/her own.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    That wasn't my intention, but I ended up meeting someone anyway. :smile:
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    No and no
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    Use MFP as a dating site? Intentionally? No. Never.

Meet someone here that became my best friend, fall in love and live happily ever after? Did, done, doing it now.

<~~ I met that sexy as hell man here almost two years ago. :heart:

Common interests + common life situations + compatible personalities = instant friendship. What you choose to do with it from there is up to you.
  • MagJam2004
    MagJam2004 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Kris, you got to let it go. An online forum is where carefully crafted posts can display all the thoughts and range of emotions that actual conversation never gives you time to contemplate. Nothing used to leave me more flustered or vocally challenged than when a pretty girl walked up to me and asked me what time it was, or to tell me that my backpack was open. You lose the ability to function because you don't want to mess it up. Be brave, be bold, and take a picture of yourself smiling and use that as your profile pic. Maz gets flirty messages, because she looks amazing in that picture. Not intimidating, or recluse, but like you just said the most incredible thing and she's debating on whether to bat her eyes or laugh out loud. Most importantly, it's about how you see yourself and for that, you got to move on. If it's hard and your struggling, then don't believe in yourself. Believe in me! Believe in the me that believes in you! Welcome to the digital world where you can embrace whoever you want to be.

*side note, quote from Gurren Lagann in those last few lines*
  • kford12
    kford12 Posts: 112
    Options
    I think it's amazing that people can meet and fall in love when they least expect it and in unlikely places.

Being a foody though, me dating another foody would be a RECIPE. FOR. DISASTER.
  • PghPensFan69
    PghPensFan69 Posts: 2,393 Member
    Options

Junk pics sent.

Lolol aw man... guess I probably shot myself in the foot huh :P

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQcgrwzeJY19rMrDAAviFx_BBfn5nDaSxp8xVC_2KoZM5G1sBwzO0-RAEqv0w
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    That wasn't my intention, but I ended up meeting someone anyway. :smile:

How did it go?
  • JamieM8168
    JamieM8168 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    no and no. Wouldn't be opposed to it thou :wink:
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Use MFP as a dating site? Intentionally? No. Never.

Meet someone here that became my best friend, fall in love and live happily ever after? Did, done, doing it now.

<~~ I met that sexy as hell man here almost two years ago. :heart:

Common interests + common life situations + compatible personalities = instant friendship. What you choose to do with it from there is up to you.

Congrats!!!