Who else needs to lose 40-50 pounds?

Replies

• My goal is to get down to 15% Body Fat. That should be around 60 lbs from where I started (@ 237), but weight is not the important thing. Losing 12% Body Fat is the important thing :)

Feel free to add me...
  • <--- right here.... all feel free to add me!
  • erind2017
    erind2017 Posts: 63 Member
    I'm looking to lose around 50 pounds. Feel free to add me if you'd like! :)
  • I am looking to lose about 50 lbs. I am 36 and in perimenopause so i gained about 35 lbs in the last 4 months. I fought breast cancer and then chose to have a hysterectomy and now I can not get the weight gain under control. As well get back down to the weight I feel most comfortable at.
  • I need to loose 90lbs.
  • AshlieA96
    AshlieA96 Posts: 50 Member
    Hi I've been on a steady pace since Jan, really trying to stick to it this time. I tried last year but didnt really get to where I want to be. I am aiming to lose 50 but would be happy to even lose 30 at this point. Everything is something. I am happy to have more friends here with common goals. Friends welcome
  • I am aiming to lose about 55-60 pounds, but considering how much success I've had in the past (not much) I'd love to even lose 40 or 50. :)
  • cindyellis9404
    cindyellis9404 Posts: 24 Member
    Hi, my name is Cindy I'm 5"9" 10 lbs away from my healthy weight, I want to lose 30 so I can be at my healthiest weight. 30lbs would be great but I'm working towards 23% body fat. Looking for supportive friends! Also I am a Marine spouse so if anyone is also part of the military family and needs support hit me up!
  • Hi, I am one you also...I need to loose at least 50lbs to get to a normal weight. I am 49 year old woman who weighs 10 lbs more than I ever did while pregant! This past year, I passed the two buck mark plus ten more--which my brain cannot seem to even fathom--but this has caused me to shift from complaining about it into action!
    I started this on Feb 1st and I want to reach a more normal range around 170lbs by my 50th birthday in October, and continue onward to my desired weight until it is reached.
    i am commited to using MFP daily and slowly introducing more excerise until I reach my goal of being in better shape at 50 than previous years. I believe I can do it with a strong circle of support like you all. thanks. Please add me to your circle of support. :flowerforyou:
  • i am also looking to lose 35 to 40 pounds.
    i have a skinny family (my husband and 2 sons) so when they eat at home (not school lunch or lunch at work place) i try to "nourish" them, so dieting is hard for me. also we cook south indian food at home, which is rice based, and lots of carbs, portion control is a problem too. so i finally found a way to start losing weight by sticking to frozen meals like lean cuisine and healthy choice. it helps me to count calories and i do not get the portion control problem. when i am hungry after a frozen meal i microwave some frozen veggies (stir fry mix, broccoli florets, frozen beans, zuccinis etc) which helps me feel full. i don't take diet pills, but i drink diet snapple tea after i am on treadmill.
  • Hi Lisa!

I just officially started MFP a few days ago. I started at 167 and am looking to get down to 120. Good luck to you on your journey!
  • I just started today! I need to lose 50 lbs. Starting at 177 lbs and would love to see 125 - 127. Feeling confident. According to my meal journal I am over by -6 on my protein and short on calories. Any ideas how to make the levels what they should be? Or is it good enough to be close? Just asking :happy:
  • AngelWings0609
    AngelWings0609 Posts: 105 Member
    I want to lose anywhere from 50-80 pounds yet..
  • pertinacity
    pertinacity Posts: 15 Member
    I need to lose 50 pounds as well. I lost 40 last year but gained it back.

Feel free to add me if you'd like :)
  • ChasingMyBliss
    ChasingMyBliss Posts: 803 Member
    Hi ladies! I am looking for some supportive friends to help keep me motivated. I am 37, and a mother of 4 boys. I have slowly added about 30 extra pounds over the last few years. I am afraid that I am beginning to slide down a very slippery slope into an unhealthy state of obesity. I like to exercise, and work hard to stay in shape. I am strong, but all my nicely shaped muscles are hiding under a layer of fluff. I would love to get rid of the squish... and be able to feel good in my skin again. I have come to the realization that no amount of exercise can get the results I want. It has to be the diet.

I know that tracking my eating is the key to success. I just get off track, and need a little support to keep plugging away at my long term goal. I would love to have a few friends here to check in with every day. Perhaps we can help each other!
  • I just started today! I need to lose 50 lbs. Starting at 177 lbs and would love to see 125 - 127. Feeling confident. According to my meal journal I am over by -6 on my protein and short on calories. Any ideas how to make the levels what they should be? Or is it good enough to be close? Just asking :happy:
    Something that helps me is to plan my day ahead of time. You can put in what you plan eating, then adjust as needed. Best of luck!
  • i need to loose atleast 50 lbs as well... feeel free to add :)
  • wedgeang
    wedgeang Posts: 25 Member
    Hi, I am in the same boat as you, and lost weight just to regain it again. I also want to lose 37 lbs. and get to 140lb. feel free to add me, as we do have similiar goals to reach. good luck:flowerforyou:
  • Oceanrift
    Oceanrift Posts: 1 Member
    Hi all,

O.R. here. I'm looking to lose about 40-50 lbs. Not only for vanity reasons (although that's a bonus :op~ ). I started to be concerned about my weight when my knees started hurting as I began to pack on the pounds. And when I learned that I was considered "Obese" on BMI scale that really scared me. I know it's not 100% accurate. My family and friends say that I don''t look obese, but looks can be deceiving. My knees is proof of that. They look fine on the outside, but they're hurting on the inside. I'm scared about developing more health issues. The last thing I want is to enter a scenario I can't come back from (diabetes, heart disease, etc).

I used to be really active a few years back. I was always into aerobics (running, jump rope, etc). But when I began to juggle college and two jobs, well you only get so much time in the day. I especially miss running. It was always a form of meditation for me. It helped me deal with life's stresses. Nothing like dipping and weaving down NYC sidewalks avoiding people, cars, and everything this city can throw at you. You know, just taking it out on the pavement.

The plan is to get back into the swing of things by upping my physical activity (low impact for now due to the knees) as well as monitor my calorie consumption.

Well here's to the life long "journey."

Good luck all and never give up.

- O.R.