Traded in my Breasts for a Skinnier Me

Options

Replies

• WontShareChocolate
    Options
    I've seen some awesome implant boobies. And my friend's confidence went through the roof when she got them.

Depending on how much mammary tissue you have and how big you want them, a lift may be enough to make you happy. The doctor will know.

She's a mom with soon two kids.

She not out there hitting the clubs getting attention for her tits from guys lol.

Its a simpler ego thing, like the ghost of your past and your identity falling to a lower rung.

You shouldn't want that if you're married anyway, especially if your assertion of ego comes from a sexually oriented source.

Why shouldn't she want implants solely because she is married? You don't think she wants them for herself and her husband? I can understand what your trying to say about them not making her "young" again, but put simply it is not about her feeling young again it is about her feeling like a woman again.

When you lose your breasts, one of the defining features of being a woman, it takes a very hard toll on your self esteem, your confidence, and your identity as a female. I know this for a fact, her wanting implants is not stemmed from "ego" I'm not sure where you even got that idea, it stems from her identity as a woman.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I've seen some awesome implant boobies. And my friend's confidence went through the roof when she got them.

Depending on how much mammary tissue you have and how big you want them, a lift may be enough to make you happy. The doctor will know.

She not out there hitting the clubs getting attention for her tits from guys lol.

Its a simpler ego thing, like the ghost of your past and your identity falling to a lower rung.

You shouldn't want that if you're married anyway, especially if your assertion of ego comes from a sexually oriented source.

But it's okay for a 27 year old to say they only date 15-19 year olds and currently has an 18 year old girlfriend in high school?

Oh. Okay then. :noway:
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Lolwut? Just...what?

OP: I can kind of relate. My boobs are on the large side (34DD now) and while I was losing the first bit of weight I did lose some size and I was genuinely worried I'd end up with a much smaller chest. (but that didn't happen) I was very much prepared to invest in a boob job (still toying with the idea of an eventual lift)

That in mind I say do what you want so long as you're happy with yourself. Don't fall into the "never satisfied" trap. Some people think breast augmentation will bring happiness only to find it doesn't and some do it and find it's exactly what they wanted/needed to 'balance' their image.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options

But it's okay for a 27 year old to say they only date 15-19 year olds and currently has an 18 year old girlfriend in high school?

Cut him some slack. His sack will drop eventually
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options

She could be a mom of 6 kids for all i care.
    I would personally only consider getting implants after kids anyways.

Would you stop going to the gym after you get married/have kids?
    You don't stop being a woman/man when you become a mother/father.
    Sexual attraction is extremely important in a marriage even after (maybe especially so) after kids. Her lack of confidence might affect that.
    Maybe it's not even about that, and she just wants her boobs to look like they used to, because she likes boobs. I like boobs.
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Well, when I gained weight and felt horrible about my new larger chest (and side bra gish, and back fat), I went out and got a couple new pretty bras that fit right. Maybe that would help? I don't have the money for implants so I'll be part of the "Great I lost all this weight and now I have skin with boobs attached hanging from my ribcage" crowd too. I'm doing as much as I can right now to strengthen those muscles so that should help. It's a tough trade sometimes.
  • nutellabrah
    Options

Why shouldn't she want implants solely because she is married? You don't think she wants them for herself and her husband? I can understand what your trying to say about them not making her "young" again, but put simply it is not about her feeling young again it is about her feeling like a woman again.

When you lose your breasts, one of the defining features of being a woman, it takes a very hard toll on your self esteem, your confidence, and your identity as a female. I know this for a fact, her wanting implants is not stemmed from "ego" I'm not sure where you even got that idea, it stems from her identity as a woman.

I disagree at the part where you think its OK that your identity as a woman should be based on your breasts lol.

Guess what, we all die one day.

Sorry to remind you.

My penis is gonna shrivel up and die, so are your tits.

Nothing you do is going to stop that.

The logical advice is to accept it. Like I said in the first paragraph.
  • nutellabrah
    Options

Notice how we all have our ways of trying to cheat death and aging?

Maybe if I can just hold on to that youthful vibe just a little longer....
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    OP I never had large boobs but they did get smaller with weight loss. I was quite self-conscious about it for awhile. But I have adjusted. I got some nice push-up bras and a padded bikini top. I started focusing on things I like about my body when I look in the mirror. And I wouldn't trade my new-found fitness to go back to having larger boobs. Now I can honestly say that I rarely think about it anymore.

Give yourself some time and cut yourself some slack. And if it still bothers you after you've had plenty of time to adjust, then augmentation is an option.
  • WontShareChocolate
    Options

I disagree at the part where you think its OK that your identity as a woman should be based on your breasts lol.

Guess what, we all die one day.

Sorry to remind you.

My penis is gonna shrivel up and die, so are your tits.

Nothing you do is going to stop that.

The logical advice is to accept it. Like I said in the first paragraph.

"One of the defining features of being a woman." You don't read very well do you?
  • nutellabrah
    Options

Sexual attraction is extremely important in a marriage even after (maybe especially so) after kids. Her lack of confidence might affect that.
    Maybe it's not even about that, and she just wants her boobs to look like they used to, because she likes boobs. I like boobs.

Sexual attraction in marriage is important I agree. But her boob job isn't gonna make her more sexy. I mean, the husband KNOWS she got a boob job. If anything I personally would be turned off because my dear wife was operated on like frankenstein. Doctors touching my wifes breasts. Its still not a fresh pair of boobs...

Its not gonna change the reality. Nothing can. Its denial. You're in denial OP, Im sorry but its time to let them go...

You let yourself go when you got married with kids. Now you're here, enjoy your kids and your life. Not attention to your boobs or flirting from strangers here and there.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    OP I never had large boobs but they did get smaller with weight loss. I was quite self-conscious about it for awhile. But I have adjusted. I got some nice push-up bras and a padded bikini top. I started focusing on things I like about my body when I look in the mirror. And I wouldn't trade my new-found fitness to go back to having larger boobs. Now I can honestly say that I rarely think about it anymore.

Give yourself some time and cut yourself some slack. And if it still bothers you after you've had plenty of time to adjust, then augmentation is an option.

Very well said. Quoted again for emphasis. :drinker:
  • _MG_
    _MG_ Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    When I met my wife she was tall, thin with a smaller B sized chest. From day 1 all she talked about was having bigger boobs, at her height (5'11") she didn't like how she looked. They were too small.

A few years later she had a kid and breast fed. Her boobs went up to oversize C cups. Alas, when she was done she had deflated to an "A." She was not happy. After about 8 years together we were finally in a place financially where she could have them done.

I was amazed at the difference they made. Yes they were bigger but that wasn't it. The difference was in how she carried herself, in how she felt about herself.

I was always against her having it done, but seeing the difference in how she fells I'm so glad she did.
  • SouthGaPeach
    SouthGaPeach Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    totally agree with you Hauntinglyfit. I know that if I were in the same position she is in, I would be uncomfortable with myself and would also feel like I had become inadequate to my spouse. Some people seriously need to get a grip....
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options

Sexual attraction in marriage is important I agree. But her boob job isn't gonna make her more sexy. I mean, the husband KNOWS she got a boob job. If anything I personally would be turned off because my dear wife was operated on like frankenstein. Doctors touching my wifes breasts. Its still not a fresh pair of boobs...

Its not gonna change the reality. Nothing can. Its denial. You're in denial OP, Im sorry but its time to let them go...

You let yourself go when you got married with kids. Now you're here, enjoy your kids and your life. Not attention to your boobs or flirting from strangers here and there.

1. Some guys are into fake boobs.
    2. A doctor will touch your wife's boobs at one point in time whether she gets implants or not. Her vagina as well.
    3. OP never mentioned flirting. Fake boobs have nothing to do with that. If attention from men other than her husband is what she wants, trust me, she can get it without the boobs.
    4. if you think getting married and having kids means letting yourself go, you must have very low expectations from yourself and your future wife. That's sad.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Notice how we all have our ways of trying to cheat death and aging?

Maybe if I can just hold on to that youthful vibe just a little longer....

Wow. That's really disturbing. Really really disturbing.....
  • WontShareChocolate
    Options
    When I met my wife she was tall, thin with a smaller B sized chest. From day 1 all she talked about was having bigger boobs, at her height (5'11") she didn't like how she looked. They were too small.

A few years later she had a kid and breast fed. Her boobs went up to oversize C cups. Alas, when she was done she had deflated to an "A." She was not happy. After about 8 years together we were finally in a place financially where she could have them done.

I was amazed at the difference they made. Yes they were bigger but that wasn't it. The difference was in how she carried herself, in how she felt about herself.

I was always against her having it done, but seeing the difference in how she fells I'm so glad she did.

:)!!
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options

1. Some guys are into fake boobs.
    2. A doctor will touch your wife's boobs at one point in time whether she gets implants or not. Her vagina as well.
    3. OP never mentioned flirting. Fake boobs have nothing to do with that. If attention from men other than her husband is what she wants, trust me, she can get it without the boobs.
    4. if you think getting married and having kids means letting yourself go, you must have very low expectations from yourself and your future wife. That's sad.

Preach.
  • SouthGaPeach
    SouthGaPeach Posts: 43 Member
    Options

That last statement is about as low as you could possibly get. You are obviously trying to be offensive and it's ridiculous. No woman goes into starting a family with the mindset that she is just going to "let herself go". No woman wants that. While each and every one of us age, we still want to be attractive - especially to a spouse or significant other. While I personally am not yet married nor have children, I KNOW that I always want to be attractive to my future husband. Even after kids. It is obviously something for both of them to consider but she has every right and it is NOTHING to be ashamed of.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

You're cute.

Not really.

You still have no clue. The breast implants aren't for the husband necessarily. If the husband isn't into them, that is something for them to address within their relationship.
    The poster you quoted said confidence can affect sexual attraction. You are assuming it has to do with the husband.
    When I was overweight my husband was still attracted to me. I was still attracted to him. How I felt about my body affected my confidence and in turn, our relationship.

It doesn't have to have anything to do with strangers or flirting. You have a very narrow view of this issue.