Traded in my Breasts for a Skinnier Me

Options

Replies

• whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    I think the healthiest thing to do is just accept that it happened.

You can't be on top forever. What about when you're 70?

A boob job is not gonna make you young again, it will just make you a person with a boob job.

Even if you buy a little time with implants, it won't fix the reality that we all age.

Age gracefully with dignity and be strong enough to accept what is going on.

I think that is the most smartest and respectful reply on this post! On any post really!!
    Strong first post. Welcome to MFP. :flowerforyou:
  • kittenful
    kittenful Posts: 318 Member
    Options

Thank you for that. I needed a good laugh. :flowerforyou:
  • nutellabrah
    Options

You're welcome but lets stay on topic shall we?
  • kittenful
    Options
    Hey everyone! I am feeling pretty good about an 18 pound weight loss right now (from 178 to 160 and counting) but have been feeling incredibly depressed about the condition my boobs have been left in :S

I have often been on the chubbier side and have always had great breasts that looked really nice in the right bra or top. Well a pregnancy, breastfeeding and weight loss later and my beautiful boobs are no more...mostly what I have now is excess skin with a boob on the end. With bathing suit season coming up I am feeling extra self conscious and wistful for my bigger boobs.

Just looking for a place to vent and maybe find someone who had success with a breast augmentation which I have been thinking about a lot. I plan to have one more baby and then this may be something I look in to getting done...I feel really shallow to be so concerned about it but it is really taking a toll on my confidence. :(

OP, do what you need to do for yourself. I have quite a few friends that have had boob jobs, and they love them! If it will make you happy, go for it! There's no shame in it. If you decide to go through with it, look for a good doctor. It's worth the research.
  • SouthGaPeach
    SouthGaPeach Posts: 43 Member
    Options

Frankenstein? Seriously?
    You should educate yourself first before coming here to talk bs, 'cause it seems like to you a boob job is something like J cup balloons.

Fyi, some doctor is gonna touch your wife's/girlfriend's boobs at some point of her life. And other private parts of her body as well. Whaddya gonna do?

And sorry (not sorry) to disappoint you, but women don't get a boob job so that they could flirt with strangers, they get it for themselves.

Yeah, some FEMALE doctor lol.

I would just like to point out that about 50% of the Ob/Gyn doctors in my area are male. It is very common for women (of any age) to see male gynecologists and obstetricians. Were it not for a MALE Ob/Gyn, chances are, I would not be alive today. Plus, the large majority of women do not take their first visit to an Ob/Gyn until their late teens. Clearly, you do not know very much about the subjects you are trying to seem so knowledgeable in.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Big boobs are great. Skinny women are bad.

I'm only saying ths from a personal male perspective but everyone loves boobs. Who wants to go to bed with a girl whose body looks like a young boy? Catholic priest anyone? lol
    I was going to respond directly to this comment as a slim woman with small (but perky even after 2 kids) boobs…but then I read your profile, and I was moved by your candor about how you feel and where you are in your life, right now. Don't worry, you'll get there!! Life is good!

Thank you for understanding me better.

I don't care if you're Mother Theresa. There's absolutely no call for being so insulting toward slim and small-breasted women. If you feel uncomfortable with the way you look, why would you go out of your way to make other people feel uncomfortable with they way they look too?
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options

Well again, these people lie to you.

Like another poster above said, she and her man gained weight, but he "still saw me as attractive, and I was attractive to him".

Wait what? Attractive like how? He did "SEE" you as attractive. If your not attractive.

A man will stay with (or slay) an unattractive woman all day any day. That doesn't mean you were actually attractive. Only like 20% of the human race is technically even attractive.

If you got looks in life thank Jesus for giving you that DNA because you are in for one lucky roller coaster ride. But thats it.

Beauty isn't attraction. So you were never really sexy on a mass-appeal scale. You are just that persons significant other.

There is a huge difference. So when you say you want to be sexy for your husband what do you mean? Because once you get married you are united and you live for each other.

The only other reason you want to be sexy is to be sexy for others....

You can't just leave it vague, say what you really mean, you want attention from others. Outside of your marriage.

Remember, attention is like a currency. The media has turned everyone in our generations into attention-*kitten*.

And you are not fooling anyone by saying stuff like, I want to look sexy "for me"

We all just want attention so you should only get married when you can no longer get it and can settle for having attention from only one man. That is what you agree to when marrying. If you can't do that you're not ready for marriage.

You can either have the attention of everyone, or only one person. You can't have both.

Oh my god. Buddy, you CLEARLY have some underlying issues going on that you are taking out on an innocent woman who is looking to get a part of her back that makes her feel complete.

You have these preposterous beliefs and while that's all fine and dandy, I'm sorry but no woman is going to agree with you.

The OP is not looking for attention from other men. The OP simply wants her breasts back. Who the hell are you to comment on this woman's marriage?

Now please go away because you have no right discussing something you know nothing about.

Unless you have a vagina, have had children, have breastfed, and have lost your breasts.
  • kittenful
    Options

You're welcome but lets stay on topic shall we?

My thanks were meant for 3dogsrunning. Not interested, brah. Sorrynotsorry.
  • lauriebeakley1
    Options
    I know you came to vent & I'm glad you got it off your chest, no pun intended. :) You do the research & do what you think is best and what makes you happy. Everyone has their own opinion to give you but essentially the decision you make is the one you have to live with. Best of luck in making that decision!
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I am feeling pretty good about an 18 pound weight loss right now (from 178 to 160 and counting) but have been feeling incredibly depressed about the condition my boobs have been left in :S

I have often been on the chubbier side and have always had great breasts that looked really nice in the right bra or top. Well a pregnancy, breastfeeding and weight loss later and my beautiful boobs are no more...mostly what I have now is excess skin with a boob on the end. With bathing suit season coming up I am feeling extra self conscious and wistful for my bigger boobs.

Just looking for a place to vent and maybe find someone who had success with a breast augmentation which I have been thinking about a lot. I plan to have one more baby and then this may be something I look in to getting done...I feel really shallow to be so concerned about it but it is really taking a toll on my confidence. :(
    That's about my story after my 3rd child (I have 5). But I used an herbal formula for breast enhancement and it worked awesome. My breasts look just as they did before I ever had children. It was in capsules, totally easy to take. If you are done losing bodyfat, you can go ahead and use the formula. I used it for 3 or 4 months. There's a number of brands I have noticed. I believe mine was called Beauti-Full. I increased by 2 (or slightly more) sizes.
  • nutellabrah
    Options

Frankenstein? Seriously?
    You should educate yourself first before coming here to talk bs, 'cause it seems like to you a boob job is something like J cup balloons.

Fyi, some doctor is gonna touch your wife's/girlfriend's boobs at some point of her life. And other private parts of her body as well. Whaddya gonna do?

And sorry (not sorry) to disappoint you, but women don't get a boob job so that they could flirt with strangers, they get it for themselves.

I would just like to point out that about 50% of the Ob/Gyn doctors in my area are male. It is very common for women (of any age) to see male gynecologists and obstetricians. Were it not for a MALE Ob/Gyn, chances are, I would not be alive today. Plus, the large majority of women do not take their first visit to an Ob/Gyn until their late teens. Clearly, you do not know very much about the subjects you are trying to seem so knowledgeable in.

De ja vu but I don't see how that 50% goes against what I said.

Guess which side of that 50% my girl is gonna be on? lol.
  • WontShareChocolate
    Options

This answers ALL of my questions. Thankyou :flowerforyou:

lol shut up you've seen that thread a hundred times.

Real stalkish ladies....

No no I have not but I sure am glad I now know exactly where you came from. "Ancient Roman conquerors"
  • Inshape13
    Inshape13 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I went from a 40DD to a 36B(on a good day) and after breastfeeding it is just sad. I would like to say that they get better, but I do chest work with weights 2 times a week for close to 7 months now and nada. I really don't think it is shallow at all to want your old boobs because I go through that all the time. Go for the boob job if it would make you feel more secure in your new body.
  • SouthGaPeach
    Options

Frankenstein? Seriously?

De ja vu but I don't see how that 50% goes against what I said.

Guess which side of that 50% my girl is gonna be on? lol.

Frankly, I would be impressed if any woman wanted to be with a sexist pig like you. And it is her choice to what Ob/Gyn she uses. Seriously, would you rather her see an inexperienced and unqualified female than a highly qualified male?
  • msjawilson
    msjawilson Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi luv, just wanted to say that even though I have 80 kilo's to go, my boobs are already saggy and horrible. I reckon they look like scrotums. ROFL.

Anyway, whether you decide to have surgery or not in the meantime there are a few options for looking good in garments.

Get a padded bra, not to look bigger but to smooth imperfections that normal bra's don't hide. They will look fuller and rounder.
    Try to find a bra with wider shoulders, that way you don't get that whole 'pulling in' of the bra strap over the skin on the shoulder.
    If you have a low cut top you can use duct tape from the top corner near your arm pit to pull them up and give them some volume.

As a few people have mentioned there's those silicone things that you can put in for more volume :)

I *KNOW* that doesn't help for when you are naked and scrutinizing yourself, but try not to do it. It's only you that knows you aren't happy with your boobs. I guarantee your husband is ok with them too, he loves you and accepts you for who you are and the fact that you have had his baby. Most men are less about looks and more about attitude.

Try to focus on your positives :)
  • bigbyrdie
    bigbyrdie Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Do what makes YOU happy! After all, it's a small investment compared to what some guys spend on big trucks and fast cars to make themselves feel better about small parts of their anatomy.
  • nutellabrah
    Options
    I went from a 40DD to a 36B(on a good day) and after breastfeeding it is just sad. I would like to say that they get better, but I do chest work with weights 2 times a week for close to 7 months now and nada. I really don't think it is shallow at all to want your old boobs because I go through that all the time. Go for the boob job if it would make you feel more secure in your new body.

Thats terrible advice.

You've been watching too much day-time television.

Waste of 10K and won't fix her ego. What she really wants is to be single and young again. Don't well all?

Best to just accept it. Smart thing to do.
  • nutellabrah
    Options
    Hi luv, just wanted to say that even though I have 80 kilo's to go, my boobs are already saggy and horrible. I reckon they look like scrotums. ROFL.

Anyway, whether you decide to have surgery or not in the meantime there are a few options for looking good in garments.

Get a padded bra, not to look bigger but to smooth imperfections that normal bra's don't hide. They will look fuller and rounder.
    Try to find a bra with wider shoulders, that way you don't get that whole 'pulling in' of the bra strap over the skin on the shoulder.
    If you have a low cut top you can use duct tape from the top corner near your arm pit to pull them up and give them some volume.

As a few people have mentioned there's those silicone things that you can put in for more volume :)

I *KNOW* that doesn't help for when you are naked and scrutinizing yourself, but try not to do it. It's only you that knows you aren't happy with your boobs. I guarantee your husband is ok with them too, he loves you and accepts you for who you are and the fact that you have had his baby. Most men are less about looks and more about attitude.

Try to focus on your positives :)

This ^

Im sure he stopped caring about your boobs like that a long time ago anyway op.

He loves you in a different way now. In a life-long companion way. Cherish that. And your children. Shower them with love.
  • ArchangelMJ
    ArchangelMJ Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I've always been an advocate for cosmetic surgery because I figure, you only have one life. You should be able to live and look however the hell you want and if that means surgical intervention, so be it, and screw what anyone else thinks.

However, I do think some people get procedures done for the wrong reasons. As long as you're truly doing it for yourself and realize that a beautiful woman isn't at all defined by a pair of boobs, I totally support the idea.

Augmentation to amend stretched, sagging skin after weight loss is quite normal, and I would think that augmentation for the breast following breast feeding/weight fluctuation is similar. As others have said, bras can really do wonders in the meantime before you make your final decision and go through with a procedure (or not).

As an aside, I personally have never understood the infatuation that some people from both genders have regarding large breasts, it honestly baffles me. However, everyone has their own ideal of beauty and ultimately it's up to what makes you happiest and most confident in yourself.
  • SouthGaPeach
    Options

Thats terrible advice.

You've been watching too much day-time television.

Waste of 10K and won't fix her ego. What she really wants is to be single and young again. Don't well all?

Best to just accept it. Smart thing to do.

never said a word about wanting to be "young" again, and certainly not "single". If she is anything like me, it wouldn't be about ego - it would be about self esteem. Also, my boyfriend tells me constantly that he loves me just the way that I am - all 175 or so lbs. of me. He has told me repeatedly that I did not have to lose weight for him. I am doing this for MYSELF. I personally (at less than 20 years old) am not comfortable with my body. Obviously, I don't have the aging factor to play into it yet so its not something to "try to make myself look young". I just want to be fit and healthy for ME. Nothing would make me happier than having summer roll around and look amazing in the new bikini I just bought, even if NOBODY else sees me in it. This lady that you have so rudely insulted is not focused attention from others - she just wants to be comfortable in her own skin again, as I would too. I would hate to go through life finding my own self unattractive. Just because she wants to do something to make her body look better does not mean she is doing it for others. As I mentioned above, I am not trying to lose weight to look better for others, including my boyfriend. I am doing it to look better for myself and be more comfortable with who I am. So QUIT being so hateful and GROW UP. Its kind of entertaining that I am quite a bit younger than you and can still manage to act more mature and make a more valid argument.