THE WALKING DEAD

Options

Replies

• erc89432
    erc89432 Posts: 21
    Options
    I don't think these are the Hunters. I think they are a freaky religious cult, but not the cannibals. Remember the sign "never again, never trust, we first always". I think they were brutally attacked at one point. Either way, there will be a blood bath come October. I could be wrong...only time will tell...And that's too long a time for me.

Oh and I'd like to see Morgan Freeman play himself.

Yeah, I was really thinking that their behavior isn't really "hunter-like". They didn't go out and find Rick and Co. They lured them in, and then herded them like cattle. That isn't really how hunting operates. But then, I really don't know that much about fishing either so I'm probably completely wrong.

Stalking isn't the only method of hunting. Luring animals is often used, so is herding them, sort of as seen in the snare they used to catch the rabbit in the episode.
    I think they are the cannibals, there's so much foreshadowing, and evidence to support it in the episode. If they're not, then the writers have really gone out of their way to make us believe they are, just to be like "OH SNAP, had you all fooled!"

There is a scene in the episode in which the group (Rick & co) run past a pile of human remains while being led by the bullets. This is definitely worth noting. Also, I'm not sure if this was mentioned yet, but what I found interesting is that after both groups arrived they were offered a large hunk of meat by the woman on the grill. My theory is that the meat is from human remains. Basically, they feed them human remains and after the person realizes what they have eaten, the "cannibals" can decide whether or not that person should join them and become a hunter based off of their reaction to eating human flesh.
  • hnsaunde
    hnsaunde Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    In to follow the theories
  • Sarah4fitness
    Sarah4fitness Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I don't think these are the Hunters. I think they are a freaky religious cult, but not the cannibals. Remember the sign "never again, never trust, we first always". I think they were brutally attacked at one point. Either way, there will be a blood bath come October. I could be wrong...only time will tell...And that's too long a time for me.

Yeah, I was really thinking that their behavior isn't really "hunter-like". They didn't go out and find Rick and Co. They lured them in, and then herded them like cattle. That isn't really how hunting operates. But then, I really don't know that much about fishing either so I'm probably completely wrong.

Stalking isn't the only method of hunting. Luring animals is often used, so is herding them, sort of as seen in the snare they used to catch the rabbit in the episode.
    I think they are the cannibals, there's so much foreshadowing, and evidence to support it in the episode. If they're not, then the writers have really gone out of their way to make us believe they are, just to be like "OH SNAP, had you all fooled!"

There is a scene in the episode in which the group (Rick & co) run past a pile of human remains while being led by the bullets. This is definitely worth noting. Also, I'm not sure if this was mentioned yet, but what I found interesting is that after both groups arrived they were offered a large hunk of meat by the woman on the grill. My theory is that the meat is from human remains. Basically, they feed them human remains and after the person realizes what they have eaten, the "cannibals" can decide whether or not that person should join them and become a hunter based off of their reaction to eating human flesh.

But why expand your group with more mouths to feed and no guaranteed meat, when you could just eat everyone that comes in?
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options

But why expand your group with more mouths to feed and no guaranteed meat, when you could just eat everyone that comes in?

That was my issue with that line of thinking as well. Another possibility is that by making everyone that comes in a "cannibal" they can justify their own cannibalism by rationalizing that the people they are killing ate people too.
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    The creator mentioned in an interview to not get too hyped up about them simply being cannibals, this could be a mixture of a couple parts of the comic...Neegan incoming

I kinda hope the show starts to deviate from the comics more and give us something truly new, though they have gone a good job with surprising even die hard comic fans a few times.
  • fionauu
    fionauu Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    i have no idea how the gang could POSSIBLY escape this trap. i don't know why the termites are waiting, if they're cannibals, why not kill the "food" right away? im nervous for carol's teams arrival. i dont know how the termites would react to a baby....
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    my friend told me that that the lady that meets glen and all them has on Beth's sweater…did anyone else notice this??? I did not...
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    my friend told me that that the lady that meets glen and all them has on Beth's sweater…did anyone else notice this??? I did not...

It's not the same sweater. Mary's sweater has a print on it near the buttons and neck. Not to mention there's a size difference between Mary (who looks somewhat pregnant) and the very petite Beth.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

It's not the same sweater. Mary's sweater has a print on it near the buttons and neck. Not to mention there's a size difference between Mary (who looks somewhat pregnant) and the very petite Beth.

yea, that makes sense…

I am assuming that some crazy *kitten* undertaker took her….
  • Choc46
    Choc46 Posts: 23
    Options
    Has anyone mentioned the candles made of rendered human fat yet?!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,579 Member
    Options
    Fish or no fish, if there were a choice between eating ANYTHING (they had crops growing, yo) and eating people, I'd choose the ANYTHING ELSE.

That was clearly a lifestyle choice not born of absolute necessity. It's something I expected to be touched upon in the series at some point, though. Here's my question: If everyone is infected with the zombie virus and it activates postmortem, wouldn't eating postmortem human flesh accelerate or potentially cause the virus to mutate?
    Who says that they don't cut them up while still alive? In the "Walking Dead" video game, they cut off a guys legs while he's still alive so they can have barbecue that night.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    Fish or no fish, if there were a choice between eating ANYTHING (they had crops growing, yo) and eating people, I'd choose the ANYTHING ELSE.

That was clearly a lifestyle choice not born of absolute necessity. It's something I expected to be touched upon in the series at some point, though. Here's my question: If everyone is infected with the zombie virus and it activates postmortem, wouldn't eating postmortem human flesh accelerate or potentially cause the virus to mutate?
    Who says that they don't cut them up while still alive? In the "Walking Dead" video game, they cut off a guys legs while he's still alive so they can have barbecue that night.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Ummm...is that the drumstick then? :wink:
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    All i have to say is i loved the end when Rick said "there screwing with the wrong people"
    It got me all excited,lol.
  • TheFisherKing
    Options
    A strong ending. Lincoln WANTED to say they are f%$*@#g with the wrong people, as the character does in the comics, but network feared censors obviously.
  • TheFisherKing
    Options
    Understand that the land animals are getting zombie-decimated, but not the fish. The zombies dislike water...sooooo

Fishing with electricity is much easier...just crank up an old phone and dip net the stunned fish. Large quantities in a short time. Easy. Same for fishing with explosives...although the noise would attract the zombies. (both methods are illegal in this world)

Gill nets (also illegal in this world) and trot lines (legal) are very efficient ways to catch large quantities of fish with little effort or time.

Then there is noodling (legal)...which I would only do, personally, if starving and there was no other way because it scares the crap out of me. Would get big fish each catch that could feed a large group of people.

They so need an outdoors-man to help write this script.

Who says the zombies eat the animals? First off how do they catch them?
    The zombies are so slow they barely catch humans/non zombies so how are they going to cat h a deer or rabbit etc???

They may eat the injured ones. We've seen them catch piglets and eat deer and cows and horses.

They tore apart and devoured Rick's horse in the first episode of season one while he scrambled for safety and ended up in that military tank.
  • jessiwithaneye
    jessiwithaneye Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Ooh, didn't know there was a walking dead thread. I'm in. Also, were there photographs of people in that room with the candles? There was so much to look at and I can't decide if I'm remembering that correctly.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Understand that the land animals are getting zombie-decimated, but not the fish. The zombies dislike water...sooooo

Fishing with electricity is much easier...just crank up an old phone and dip net the stunned fish. Large quantities in a short time. Easy. Same for fishing with explosives...although the noise would attract the zombies. (both methods are illegal in this world)

Gill nets (also illegal in this world) and trot lines (legal) are very efficient ways to catch large quantities of fish with little effort or time.

Then there is noodling (legal)...which I would only do, personally, if starving and there was no other way because it scares the crap out of me. Would get big fish each catch that could feed a large group of people.

The zombies are so slow they barely catch humans/non zombies so how are they going to catth a deer or rabbit etc???

In the 1st or 2nd episode of season 1 they ate that horse in Atlanta. Rick escaped the tank while the walkers were distracted.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

The zombies are so slow they barely catch humans/non zombies so how are they going to catth a deer or rabbit etc???

There have been scenes where zombies were feasting on deer. Perhaps the deer was sick or injured though.
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    once Rick and Daryl are in the same room, you know ****'s gonna go down :P
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    once Rick and Daryl are in the same room, you know ****'s gonna go down :P

Don't forget Glenn! :noway: