THE WALKING DEAD

Options

Replies

• abetterbrandi
    Options
    I have no idea really why the walkers arent around...unless they eat them too O.O
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I believe him biting the dude on the neck like a walker shows that all deep down inside we have that sick side that wants to survive.

That wasn't about Rick's survival that was about Carl...

And I agree with the other poster (aka other mom who thought the death of the guy who tackled Carl was too fast)

This was a great final show for the season...brings a whole new twist (wondered when it would happen) and really Terminus...ah end...no way would I have walked in there...

If it looks too good to be true it probably is...I told my husband and son last week there was something weird about it...

I am curious about the memorial they have set up with the names and candles...did someone/some group come in and slaughter a bunch and that's what drove them to "kill / eat" strangers?????
  • Rottnme
    Rottnme Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I believe him biting the dude on the neck like a walker shows that all deep down inside we have that sick side that wants to survive.

That wasn't about Rick's survival that was about Carl...

And I agree with the other poster (aka other mom who thought the death of the guy who tackled Carl was too fast)

This was a great final show for the season...brings a whole new twist (wondered when it would happen) and really Terminus...ah end...no way would I have walked in there...

If it looks too good to be true it probably is...I told my husband and son last week there was something weird about it...

I am curious about the memorial they have set up with the names and candles...did someone/some group come in and slaughter a bunch and that's what drove them to "kill / eat" strangers?????

...or are they giving thanks for their food?
  • abetterbrandi
    Options
    +1 for weird culty thanks for food lol
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    What are the macros for zombie virus infested flesh burgers? Terminus needs it for MFP logging.
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Terminus is a setup to lure people into thinking they are safe so they go in with lowered weapons so they don't suspect anything and then they use them as a food source. That's why they have signs lashes abs standsall over posting to it and are broadcasting on the radio in the hopes that someone hears it. They don't have to risk themselves trying to find food, when the food source will come directly to them. It's actually fairly smart of them, in a way, even though it's disturbing.

Its brilliant really but very disgusting. It makes you wonder though, if you were in that situation how would you react? Who would you become you know? We can all speculate or want to think we would take the higher road but in the end would survival push us to those limits?

No. there are numerous instances of this occurring throughout history but they are isolated and rare. There is always food available you just have to work for it and learn what other things that you can eat, (other than your buddys). LoL.

^^this. Scarcity of food and level of challenge of environment put to test "desperate times call for desperate measures." In this case, living in Georgia, they are just being lazy. The climate conditions and abundance of lakes and streams (and Atlantic Ocean!) which are viable fishing areas, make Georgia a pretty reasonable environment for avoiding cannibalism. They can be awful at hunting and trapping, but still fish, or vice-versa. They're just cuckoo.
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Terminus is a setup to lure people into thinking they are safe so they go in with lowered weapons so they don't suspect anything and then they use them as a food source. That's why they have signs lashes abs standsall over posting to it and are broadcasting on the radio in the hopes that someone hears it. They don't have to risk themselves trying to find food, when the food source will come directly to them. It's actually fairly smart of them, in a way, even though it's disturbing.

Its brilliant really but very disgusting. It makes you wonder though, if you were in that situation how would you react? Who would you become you know? We can all speculate or want to think we would take the higher road but in the end would survival push us to those limits?

No. there are numerous instances of this occurring throughout history but they are isolated and rare. There is always food available you just have to work for it and learn what other things that you can eat, (other than your buddys). LoL.

^^this. Scarcity of food and level of challenge of environment put to test "desperate times call for desperate measures." In this case, living in Georgia, they are just being lazy. The climate conditions and abundance of lakes and streams (and Atlantic Ocean!) which are viable fishing areas, make Georgia a pretty reasonable environment for avoiding cannibalism. They can be awful at hunting and trapping, but still fish, or vice-versa. They're just cuckoo.

Fishing while in danger of being eaten by zombies may not be quite as much fun as normal fishing.
  • abetterbrandi
    Options
    It might be overkill but I kind of wish the animals, etc were zombies too. Zombie fish?! Zombie deer?! Lol
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

The truth is, that it has been well-documented that cannibalism itself can change brain chemistry. Cannibals in South America have been documented as having mad-cow disease. Sure, you have to be crazy to start eating on human flesh, but then, the fact that you are eating human flesh makes you even crazier. LOL!

I honestly suspect that someone in this group was a cannibal even before the zombie apocalypse, and just convinced others that it was what they needed to do to survive.

It makes me wonder though. Eventually, survivors will come less and less. What will they do then? Eat each other?
  • PriscillaLaine
    PriscillaLaine Posts: 124 Member
    Options

The truth is, that it has been well-documented that cannibalism itself can change brain chemistry. Cannibals in South America have been documented as having mad-cow disease. Sure, you have to be crazy to start eating on human flesh, but then, the fact that you are eating human flesh makes you even crazier. LOL!

I honestly suspect that someone in this group was a cannibal even before the zombie apocalypse, and just convinced others that it was what they needed to do to survive.

It makes me wonder though. Eventually, survivors will come less and less. What will they do then? Eat each other?

WENDIGO!
    I wonder if Robert Carlyle will turn up for a snack?
  • PriscillaLaine
    Options
    It might be overkill but I kind of wish the animals, etc were zombies too. Zombie fish?! Zombie deer?! Lol

Humanity would be dead in minutes.
    Zombie bugs would completely wipe us out.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    I found this interesting.

"In Roman religion, Terminus was the god who protected boundary markers; his name was the Latin word for such a marker. Sacrifices were performed to sanctify each boundary stone, and landowners celebrated a festival called the "Terminalia" in Terminus' honor each year on February 23. The Temple of Jupiter Optimus Maximus on the Capitoline Hill was thought to have been built over a shrine to Terminus, and he was occasionally identified as an aspect of Jupiter under the name "Jupiter Terminalis".

Ancient writers believed that the worship of Terminus had been introduced to Rome during the reign of the first king Romulus (traditionally 753–717 BC) or his successor Numa (717–673 BC). Modern scholars have variously seen it as the survival of an early animistic reverence for the power inherent in the boundary marker, or as the Roman development of proto-Indo-European belief in a god concerned with the division of property."

Source:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terminus_(god)

That is interesting too how much that relates to Atlanta's early history.

"The history of Atlanta dates back to 1836, when Georgia decided to build a railroad to the U.S. Midwest and a location was chosen to be the line's terminus. The stake marking the founding of "Terminus" was driven into the ground in 1837 (called the Zero Mile Post)."

Also from Wiki.

On a personal note, I am fascinated with this aspect of the story. In my own geneaological research, I actually learned that one of my ancestors was one of the first railroad workers to stake that location and build there. I feel like, maybe the writers are telling us that this is the point at which life and civillized society will really begin again.
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options

Remember they tried fishing (think it was Season 1 or 2?) and the fish were all dead in the lake. Animals are scarce because the zombies eat those as well.
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    What are the macros for zombie virus infested flesh burgers? Terminus needs it for MFP logging.

Hilarious.

A great season finale indeed and turning point for season five.

The way I see it now, no one is safe.
  • PriscillaLaine
    Options

Remember they tried fishing (think it was Season 1 or 2?) and the fish were all dead in the lake. Animals are scarce because the zombies eat those as well.

They went fishing in series one and caught a bunch of fish. There might have been another lake where there wasn't any fish (memory's a little hazy) but I would imagine that was location specific.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

They went fishing in series one and caught a bunch of fish. There might have been another lake where there were no fish anymore (memory's a little hazy) but I would imagine that was location specific.

They were attempting to fish in a quarry. But there wasn't any fish... because it was a quarry.

I blame Andrea for that one. She wasn't the brightest!
  • PriscillaLaine
    Options

They went fishing in series one and caught a bunch of fish. There might have been another lake where there were no fish anymore (memory's a little hazy) but I would imagine that was location specific.

They were attempting to fish in a quarry. But there wasn't any fish... because it was a quarry.

The quarry was season 1. Andrea and her sister came back with loads of fish
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options

bump and roll

HA! First post, clearly I have too much time on my hands.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    in for the roll
  • PriscillaLaine
    Options

bump and roll

HA! First post, clearly I have too much time on my hands.

I also apparently have too much times on my hands. Researched what lake didn't have fish. It was in the episode where the Governor finds the new camp. (Season 4 Episode 7)