THE WALKING DEAD

Options

Replies

• JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I was definitely a little disappointed by the finale and I knew I would be. I think they build the fans up for this big exciting season finale each season and it just doesn't deliver. They'd rather leave us in a huge cliffhanger that resolves in the following season.

BTW - Terminus has some of the worst snipers I've ever seen. LOL. Those scenes were hilarious.

I don't think they were aiming to kill them, instead they were herding them to that specific area so they could get them to the train car. Seems to me like they are more interested in eating them and want to ration them off instead of killing them all at once.

Without a doubt they were being herded in a specific direction, and there's no doubt that the people at 'Terminus" are definitely cannibals. Rick figured it out or at least had a thought, remember when he knocked the plate out of Karls hand then grabbed the guy. I thought that the railcar meeting was terrible, when they found the rest of their group there was no reaction, no nothing just there they were. Poorly done in my opinion...
  • abetterbrandi
    Options
    So remember when they walked into that room with items and people's names in Terminus? I think that is the people they have captured/tortured/sacrificed or something like that. The whole Terminus place and people feel very culty.
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Also, did anyone notice all of the bloody bones in the cage. Where are they getting all of their food in Terminus. I am thinking they herd the people there then eat them.
  • ashleyblossom1
    ashleyblossom1 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one that was utterly annoyed by the prison flashbacks in the finale? Seemed like they wasted so much time on that.

I loved it. This entire season is about diving deeper into the characters. So far every character has gotten their own episode to get inside their heads better and see how they've grown. We get so much of crazy rick that sometimes you forget all he went through and who he really is. Plus it was lovely to see Hershel again. Who can be annoyed about seeing more Hershel?

The only thing that annoys me is we have to wait til October again.

The whole Hershel bit was really annoying. It felt like a memorial to Hershel instead of a finale, which I feel was totally unnecessary. Hershel was important, and Hershel is dead, and everyone has been talking about his death for the last half of the season anyway.

Also, we all know that Hershel was Rick's Obi-Wan. We didn't need half the finale to show us that. We also know that Rick is "sensitive" and grounded at times. Most of the fans have been complaining about how him being TOO grounded and sensitive for most of the show. It just felt like the writers were treating the audience like idiots instead of really pushing the story and character development forward like they could have. There was only maybe 20 minutes of actual finale between the commercials and the flashbacks.

On the Talking Dead, the writer actually stated that they had done that because they wanted to make a comparison to the way that Rick was and the man that he is becoming. And at one point, they had interviewed Norman Reedus and he had stated that the characters really can't go back to being the people that they were. I think that was the purpose of those scenes. Just to show the audience that we are about to see another evolution of Rick, one I think the fans are going to find more palatable than earlier versions.

To the person that doesn't like the show because the characters make mistakes. The reality is that we are all human and we all make mistakes, and we have to learn from those mistakes and carry on. The show would not be realistic at all if the characters were making smart decisions all of the time. Rick has made his mistakes, even when he wasn't realizing it (like taking Hershel's advice and settling in to life at the prison), and now he has learned from them. Moving forward into next season, we will see probably the most powerful, calculating, and controlled Rick than ever before.

but we've already seen these scenes in previous episodes and seasons. it seems like they are covering old ground regarding Rick's "transformation". we get it. when he killed Shane. when his wife died. when Herschel died. again and again we've been subjected to the showrunners heavyhanded and hamfisted writing in this regard.

I know they seemed similar, but those were actually new scenes. They specifically told the actor that plays Hershel to keep his beard because they planned to bring him back for more filming. There were tidbits of info in those scenes that had not been in previous episodes. Those scenes had their purpose, though, I agree... there could have been less of them.

i didn't mean the literal scenes. i meant metaphorically. we've already been told/shown multiple times that Rick has changed.

I guess they wanted to show you how it actually went down with Herschel convincing Rick to put up his gun ...because when they started this season, Rick was just a "farmer' and not going on runs anymore ad you never really see how that happened..so maybe they did not want us to think that Rick just wussed out on this own, and that he actually did it for Carl's sake......that's all I got..

So the moral of this story is people are going to whine and complain no matter what they do or don't do with the show. Lets just enjoy it for what it is and call it a day.
  • abetterbrandi
    Options
    I was definitely a little disappointed by the finale and I knew I would be. I think they build the fans up for this big exciting season finale each season and it just doesn't deliver. They'd rather leave us in a huge cliffhanger that resolves in the following season.

BTW - Terminus has some of the worst snipers I've ever seen. LOL. Those scenes were hilarious.

I don't think they were aiming to kill them, instead they were herding them to that specific area so they could get them to the train car. Seems to me like they are more interested in eating them and want to ration them off instead of killing them all at once.

Without a doubt they were being herded in a specific direction, and there's no doubt that the people at 'Terminus" are definitely cannibals. Rick figured it out or at least had a thought, remember when he knocked the plate out of Karls hand then grabbed the guy. I thought that the railcar meeting was terrible, when they found the rest of their group there was no reaction, no nothing just there they were. Poorly done in my opinion...

I dont know how I didnt pick up on them being cannibals but now looking back you are totally right. It makes perfect sense.
  • PghPensFan69
    PghPensFan69 Posts: 2,393 Member
    Options
    A woman I commute with told me I remind her of Officer Rick from TWD. I have never seen the show so I don't know if that is a compliment or insult.
  • Peacesteem
    Peacesteem Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I would love to watch this show but I'm too scared. I tried watching it in the afternoon once. However, by nightfall I saw a walker in every shadow; had to sleep with the lights one.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options

I think the other group was in shock. I don't think they figured out what was going on and had to be told they were eating people at the BBQ (and if they found out that it WAS Beth they were eating, that would just be extra seasoning :tongue: or maybe salt on the wound?). The first group was verging on euphoric when they finally got to terminus, they weren't analyzing rationally and I think being crashed back down to reality THAT horrifically left them emotionally numb.

And no, I don't really think they're eating Beth, but one can dream.
  • JG762
    Options
    I would love to watch this show but I'm too scared. I tried watching it in the afternoon once. However, by nightfall I saw a walker in every shadow; had to sleep with the lights one.

Forgot to look under your bed didn't you.... you're so screwed now!
    Sleep well.
  • Tryxxie2013
    Tryxxie2013 Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    All I know is that, as a parent, the death of the guy who touched Carl was waaaaayyyyy too fast. Bloody, yes! Brutal, yes! But he didn't feel it long enough. Carl was terrified, and he will carry that with him forever.
    Anyone touches my kids that way (or any way for that matter) is going to know what it's like to taste his own genitals.

Scum...
  • abetterbrandi
    Options

I think the other group was in shock. I don't think they figured out what was going on and had to be told they were eating people at the BBQ (and if they found out that it WAS Beth they were eating, that would just be extra seasoning :tongue: or maybe salt on the wound?). The first group was verging on euphoric when they finally got to terminus, they weren't analyzing rationally and I think being crashed back down to reality THAT horrifically left them emotionally numb.

And no, I don't really think they're eating Beth, but one can dream.

GOOD so I'm not the only one that kind of sickly wishes that something horrible happened to Beth. That girl just annoys me!
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Terminus is a setup to lure people into thinking they are safe so they go in with lowered weapons so they don't suspect anything and then they use them as a food source. That's why they have signs all over posting to it and are broadcasting on the radio in the hopes that someone hears it. They don't have to risk themselves trying to find food, when the food source will come directly to them. It's actually fairly smart of them, in a way, even though it's disturbing.
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Also, did anyone notice all of the bloody bones in the cage. Where are they getting all of their food in Terminus. I am thinking they herd the people there then eat them.

Ummmm, yea.
  • moosegt35
    Options
    Am I the only one that was utterly annoyed by the prison flashbacks in the finale? Seemed like they wasted so much time on that.

I loved it. This entire season is about diving deeper into the characters. So far every character has gotten their own episode to get inside their heads better and see how they've grown. We get so much of crazy rick that sometimes you forget all he went through and who he really is. Plus it was lovely to see Hershel again. Who can be annoyed about seeing more Hershel?

The only thing that annoys me is we have to wait til October again.

The whole Hershel bit was really annoying. It felt like a memorial to Hershel instead of a finale, which I feel was totally unnecessary. Hershel was important, and Hershel is dead, and everyone has been talking about his death for the last half of the season anyway.

Also, we all know that Hershel was Rick's Obi-Wan. We didn't need half the finale to show us that. We also know that Rick is "sensitive" and grounded at times. Most of the fans have been complaining about how him being TOO grounded and sensitive for most of the show. It just felt like the writers were treating the audience like idiots instead of really pushing the story and character development forward like they could have. There was only maybe 20 minutes of actual finale between the commercials and the flashbacks.

On the Talking Dead, the writer actually stated that they had done that because they wanted to make a comparison to the way that Rick was and the man that he is becoming. And at one point, they had interviewed Norman Reedus and he had stated that the characters really can't go back to being the people that they were. I think that was the purpose of those scenes. Just to show the audience that we are about to see another evolution of Rick, one I think the fans are going to find more palatable than earlier versions.

To the person that doesn't like the show because the characters make mistakes. The reality is that we are all human and we all make mistakes, and we have to learn from those mistakes and carry on. The show would not be realistic at all if the characters were making smart decisions all of the time. Rick has made his mistakes, even when he wasn't realizing it (like taking Hershel's advice and settling in to life at the prison), and now he has learned from them. Moving forward into next season, we will see probably the most powerful, calculating, and controlled Rick than ever before.

but we've already seen these scenes in previous episodes and seasons. it seems like they are covering old ground regarding Rick's "transformation". we get it. when he killed Shane. when his wife died. when Herschel died. again and again we've been subjected to the showrunners heavyhanded and hamfisted writing in this regard.

I know they seemed similar, but those were actually new scenes. They specifically told the actor that plays Hershel to keep his beard because they planned to bring him back for more filming. There were tidbits of info in those scenes that had not been in previous episodes. Those scenes had their purpose, though, I agree... there could have been less of them.

i didn't mean the literal scenes. i meant metaphorically. we've already been told/shown multiple times that Rick has changed.

I guess they wanted to show you how it actually went down with Herschel convincing Rick to put up his gun ...because when they started this season, Rick was just a "farmer' and not going on runs anymore ad you never really see how that happened..so maybe they did not want us to think that Rick just wussed out on this own, and that he actually did it for Carl's sake......that's all I got..

So the moral of this story is people are going to whine and complain no matter what they do or don't do with the show. Lets just enjoy it for what it is and call it a day.

basically, yes.
  • abetterbrandi
    Options
    Terminus is a setup to lure people into thinking they are safe so they go in with lowered weapons so they don't suspect anything and then they use them as a food source. That's why they have signs all over posting to it and are broadcasting on the radio in the hopes that someone hears it. They don't have to risk themselves trying to find food, when the food source will come directly to them. It's actually fairly smart of them, in a way, even though it's disturbing.

Its brilliant really but very disgusting. It makes you wonder though, if you were in that situation how would you react? Who would you become you know? We can all speculate or want to think we would take the higher road but in the end would survival push us to those limits?
  • JG762
    Options

Its brilliant really but very disgusting. It makes you wonder though, if you were in that situation how would you react? Who would you become you know? We can all speculate or want to think we would take the higher road but in the end would survival push us to those limits?

No. there are numerous instances of this occurring throughout history but they are isolated and rare. There is always food available you just have to work for it and learn what other things that you can eat, (other than your buddys). LoL.
  • jolt28
    jolt28 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Everyone seems so focused on the idea that the people are eating other people but I haven't seen any theories as to why there are no walkers around and they don't even need to lock the gates. Ideas?
  • moosegt35
    Options
    Everyone seems so focused on the idea that the people are eating other people but I haven't seen any theories as to why there are no walkers around and they don't even need to lock the gates. Ideas?

Maybe they take the bones, guts and scraps out and dump them in a big booby trap, hole to trap any walkers that try to eat it.
  • jolt28
    jolt28 Posts: 218 Member
    Options

Wait - maybe the smell of COOKED PEOPLE is offensive to the walkers. Raw or go home!
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options

I did wonder about that and I'm not sure why there are no walkers around. The location could provide some sanctuary since the walkers seem to get trapped in the tunnels surrounding it, but you would think there would be a few in the woods where Rick was.