THE WALKING DEAD

Options

Replies

• moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    i have no idea how the gang could POSSIBLY escape this trap. i don't know why the termites are waiting, if they're cannibals, why not kill the "food" right away? im nervous for carol's teams arrival. i dont know how the termites would react to a baby....

Because they don't need to kill and eat 10-12 people immediately. That's wasteful.
  • hajenkatt
    hajenkatt Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    im gonna lighten this up....last night on talking dead someone asked what celebrity would you like to see play themself on the show...rick(andrew lincoln) said william shatner....mine would be sheldon from big bang.....who do yall think??

I wouldn't mind seeing Mary Stuart Masterson on bbq duty at Terminus.
  • hellokathy
    hellokathy Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    once Rick and Daryl are in the same room, you know ****'s gonna go down :P

Quoted for emphasis. And Michonne.

They're allowed to eat Carl, though. :bigsmile:
  • SuperTiredMom
    SuperTiredMom Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    The creator mentioned in an interview to not get too hyped up about them simply being cannibals, this could be a mixture of a couple parts of the comic...Neegan incoming

I kinda hope the show starts to deviate from the comics more and give us something truly new, though they have gone a good job with surprising even die hard comic fans a few times.

They're definitely bringing Negan in (and hopefully Lucille, and they don't "soften" him up as much as they did The Governor) but it wont be for awhile, I'm going to guess somewhere between Seasons 6 and 9. It's too soon. Kirkman himself said it's way too soon. Although they could do it, they'd rather not, there are a lot of things they would have to build up with first, also, I'm pretty sure they don't want to catch the Series up with the comics. Plus, if you've read the comics, you know what Negan means, and I don't think the watchers are ready for "that" just yet.
  • SuperTiredMom
    Options
    And did anyone else notice...

1j6ucp.jpg
  • hellokathy
    hellokathy Posts: 540 Member
    Options

1j6ucp.jpg

I hadn't noticed but my friend mentioned it. That was a painting Michonne found in a house somewhere, right?
  • SuperTiredMom
    Options
    Yes, that was the painting that Carl found when he and Michonne went on a run together and she was telling him about her son as they went through the house room by room. I believe it was in the episode "Claimed".
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    Damn I never even noticed that

1j6ucp.jpg
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Understand that the land animals are getting zombie-decimated, but not the fish. The zombies dislike water...sooooo

Fishing with electricity is much easier...just crank up an old phone and dip net the stunned fish. Large quantities in a short time. Easy. Same for fishing with explosives...although the noise would attract the zombies. (both methods are illegal in this world)

Gill nets (also illegal in this world) and trot lines (legal) are very efficient ways to catch large quantities of fish with little effort or time.

Then there is noodling (legal)...which I would only do, personally, if starving and there was no other way because it scares the crap out of me. Would get big fish each catch that could feed a large group of people.

They so need an outdoors-man to help write this script.

Well, as I have no idea what you are talking about, I imagine very few others do, and therefore, the writers are banking on the likelihood that the characters would also be clueless of such things.

^^Well, actually, I HAVE heard of all of these methods. I like the electricity idea, for efficiency, but not for sustainability.

For those arguing about fishing not being an attractive option, I think THEY are interested in BBQ homo Sapiens. LOL! :laugh:
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    Options
    Understand that the land animals are getting zombie-decimated, but not the fish. The zombies dislike water...sooooo

Fishing with electricity is much easier...just crank up an old phone and dip net the stunned fish. Large quantities in a short time. Easy. Same for fishing with explosives...although the noise would attract the zombies. (both methods are illegal in this world)

Gill nets (also illegal in this world) and trot lines (legal) are very efficient ways to catch large quantities of fish with little effort or time.

Then there is noodling (legal)...which I would only do, personally, if starving and there was no other way because it scares the crap out of me. Would get big fish each catch that could feed a large group of people.

Well, as I have no idea what you are talking about, I imagine very few others do, and therefore, the writers are banking on the likelihood that the characters would also be clueless of such things.

Actually anyone that has ever fished or watched TV should know what most of those things mean.

Well I guess I would just die in the zombie apocalypse. But seriously, not everyone has experience with fishing so it's foolish to assume that most would.

That's what survival skills are about. You don't get a pass, because you didn't get to take fishing 101. You'd better eat some tree bark, crickets, or grubs, or something. Lol!

And, "foolish"? Really? Just because you don't have experience, it doesn't mean that others wouldn't. You'd definitely die with that attitude. It ain't rocket science: cane pole/long stick (or rod and reel from the multitude of fishing shops in Georgia!), string, hook, worm, dip it in the lake. That's the slow way, though. I'm sure the sheds, garages, ****'s Sporting Goods and Bass Pro Shops have plenty of more efficient, "set it and forget it," fishing accoutrements, such as those used in making trotlines (if already assembled trotlines aren't available).

Lastly, I don't have any experience with killing zombies, but I'd sure adapt and be inventive, with a quickness. I mean, using that logic, everyone would be dead, because NO ONE had zombie killing skills prior to the ZA.
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options

^^Well, actually, I HAVE heard of all of these methods. I like the electricity idea, for efficiency, but not for sustainability.

For those arguing about fishing not being an attractive option, I think THEY are interested in BBQ homo Sapiens. LOL! :laugh:

Maybe they are just in "time out" for shooting up the place.
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    Options
    im gonna lighten this up....last night on talking dead someone asked what celebrity would you like to see play themself on the show...rick(andrew lincoln) said william shatner....mine would be sheldon from big bang.....who do yall think??

Samuel L. Jackson, but not as himself, with him as Jules Winnfield..."Say 'what' again. Say '[zombie hiss?]' again, I dare you, I double dare you mother******, say what one more God**** time!"

:laugh:
  • moosegt35
    Options

Electricity would likely be the easiest to come by in the zombie apocolypse also.
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    Options

Electricity would likely be the easiest to come by in the zombie apocolypse also.

Magneto, genius. My brother used to make them all the time when we were growing up.

http://www.ehow.com/how_2312278_make-fish-shocker.html
  • moosegt35
    Options

Magneto, genius. My brother used to make them all the time when we were growing up.

Sweet, I think I'll go home and dig out all of my wind up phones and make a few of those tonight.
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    Options

Sweet, I think I'll go home and dig out all of my wind up phones and make a few of those tonight.

That's the spirit! Post pics.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

Actually anyone that has ever fished or watched TV should know what most of those things mean.

Well I guess I would just die in the zombie apocalypse. But seriously, not everyone has experience with fishing so it's foolish to assume that most would.

That's what survival skills are about. You don't get a pass, because you didn't get to take fishing 101. You'd better eat some tree bark, crickets, or grubs, or something. Lol!

And, "foolish"? Really? Just because you don't have experience, it doesn't mean that others wouldn't. You'd definitely die with that attitude. It ain't rocket science: cane pole/long stick (or rod and reel from the multitude of fishing shops in Georgia!), string, hook, worm, dip it in the lake. That's the slow way, though. I'm sure the sheds, garages, ****'s Sporting Goods and Bass Pro Shops have plenty of more efficient, "set it and forget it," fishing accoutrements, such as those used in making trotlines (if already assembled trotlines aren't available).

Lastly, I don't have any experience with killing zombies, but I'd sure adapt and be inventive, with a quickness. I mean, using that logic, everyone would be dead, because NO ONE had zombie killing skills prior to the ZA.

Well I was mostly referring to the specific methods that guy mentioned. Yeah, I went pole-fishing as a kid. I just sucked at it because I was a talkative little brat and my uncle didn't want to take me anymore. LOL!

But yeah, he described several techniques for fishing. I presumed that it was some kind of specialty-sport fishing.
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    Options

Well I was mostly referring to the specific methods that guy mentioned. Yeah, I went pole-fishing as a kid. I just sucked at it because I was a talkative little brat and my uncle didn't want to take me anymore. LOL!

But yeah, he described several techniques for fishing. I presumed that it was some kind of specialty-sport fishing.

Same here. I was told I'd scare the fish away, if I kept talking. Lol!
  • PolacaFL
    PolacaFL Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    lol a lot of fish talk
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I found Beth. She was kidnapped and became a cult member on The Following.