• Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    yep, definitely break up.
  • renley
    renley Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    'What the hell is a social???

oh sorry.. I am Canadian. Before a wedding the couple has a social.. they charge 10 dollars to get in you buy booze and they have prizes. It's to raise money for their wedding. Ukrainian tradition I think. But everyone here in Manitoba has them.

Sounds totally bizzare. I am Canadian too, and have never heard of this tradition. Want to get married? Save some money or cut down on plans to what you can afford. Glad I don't live in Manitoba.
  • hopefaithlove24
    hopefaithlove24 Posts: 454 Member
    Options

oh sorry.. I am Canadian. Before a wedding the couple has a social.. they charge 10 dollars to get in you buy booze and they have prizes. It's to raise money for their wedding. Ukrainian tradition I think. But everyone here in Manitoba has them.

Canadian too, but called 'Stag and Doe' or 'Buck and Doe' here...
  • jbella99
    jbella99 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Just break up.

Boom. Mikey's internet rule in 1.

Also, holy hell OP you meant TOO sensitive, not to. Learn to spell.

1. If that hurt your feelings, yes.
    2. If that didn't hurt your feelings, need more information.

hahaha. Okay so I'm having an off day. I meant too sensitive and no that does not hurt my feelings. I am usually the grammar/spelling police so I find it quite amusing,
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Sounds like jerk to me. I wish my boyfriend WOULD. Unaccpetable behavior. But if you've put up with it in the past, he's going to keep doing it. I suggest you work on your self esteem because letting him disrespect you like that is ridic. Get it together.

ETA: it's damn near impossible to notice but don't even let me catch you looking. I give my bf the same respect. If I notice a hot dude I just pretend I don't see him. So disrespectful to do that around your significant other.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Looking wouldn't bother me, but the comments would be unacceptable.
  • jbella99
    Options

Sounds totally bizzare. I am Canadian too, and have never heard of this tradition. Want to get married? Save some money or cut down on plans to what you can afford. Glad I don't live in Manitoba.

I believe it also covers the "you didn't invite me to wedding" Party with all the people who you just can't possibly invite to your wedding.
  • renley
    renley Posts: 35 Member
    Options

• sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Maybe its my age, but I think it is rude for a man to make comments to anyone about another woman in the presence of their spouse/gf. If you think you can sneak a peek, go for it, but ladies know when their man checks out another woman anyway. Just dont say anything.

these were the comments I was most pissed off at.

very very petit girl maybe 22 years old. "hey you should get a dress like that" yep that made me feel like a huge whale.

two girls kissing on the dance floor. " hey honey, maybe they need a ride home."

"girls never dressed like this when I was young if they did I'd be on the floor doing the worm all night."

I am sure they're were other ones. His friend is single so I kinda expected it from him.

Those seem like really harmless comments. I wouldn't be offended or hurt by those. To be fair, in my relationship, I'm the one who usually points out the beautiful people.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    A few comments can slide, but if it is a constant commentary with practically no other subject discussed then that is horribly disrespectful. Yes, I know he's looking, but I don't want to hear about it all night long.
  • Gemmz2014
    Options
    So this past Saturday I went to a social with my boyfriend and a friend of his. I spent most of the night listening to my bf and his friend make comments about they way the girls were dressed. Am I the only women who feels like a piece of crap when their significant other points out skinnier, younger, pretty women? I realize we are all human and we all look. It's not the looking that bothers me.

Very disrespectful. Just tell him it bothers you and to not do it in front of you. Simple :smile:
  • jbella99
    Options
    A few comments can slide, but if it is a constant commentary with practically no other subject discussed then that is horribly disrespectful. Yes, I know he's looking, but I don't want to hear about it all night long.

to be honest I would rather not hear it at all. Look all you want go out with your buddies and gawk all night for all I care. But when I am sitting right their shut the hell up.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I find it interesting that he has done something that bothers you, and your first thought is that there is something wrong with your reaction. I'm no psychologist, but it seems to me that you are looking for an excuse to let this go and avoid another fight with him. You want us to tell you his behavior is perfectly normal so that you don't have to do anything about it.

Think about that.
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options

Canadian too, but called 'Stag and Doe' or 'Buck and Doe' here...

Some Americans have "Stag" parties, so it's men only. I know this is popular with people of Portuguese or Italian descent... not sure what other groups if any do this.
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Oh nm I read another post of yours. Just tell him to stop, ew.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options

to be honest I would rather not hear it at all. Look all you want go out with your buddies and gawk all night for all I care. But when I am sitting right their shut the hell up.

Then you need to tell him that.
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I find it interesting that he has done something that bothers you, and your first thought is that there is something wrong with your reaction. I'm no psychologist, but it seems to me that you are looking for an excuse to let this go and avoid another fight with him. You want us to tell you his behavior is perfectly normal so that you don't have to do anything about it.

Think about that.

Yesssss
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    It really depends on the nature of your relationship. None of the comments he made would offend me in any way, but they obviously offended you, so he stepped over the line "in your relationship."

If my husband mentioned lesbians needing a ride home, I'd offer to drive. :wink: If he said I should buy a pretty dress that some beautiful, young woman was wearing, I'd take it as a compliment. Again, this is acceptable in MY relationship.

If you're offended, you need to let him know how you feel. If he's willing to stop the behavior, great. If not, at least you know where you stand with him.
  • jbella99
    Options

Think about that.

Yesssss

+Interesting. that hadn't occurred to me.
  • thatgirlkellib
    thatgirlkellib Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Just be honest and tell him how it feels,
    or you could just do it right back ....
    usually nips that one in the bud because "no one likes a double standard, you can but I can't" not fair, if he doesnt like you to do it, then he shouldnt do it...

most of all option 1 would be what I would choose, its very insensitive to do that to a partner